News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by alhazred, July 21, 2010, 06:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

and also to be clear, I don't really give a shit what happened to the OP and I'm not mad at anybody

clearly there are tards out there, and I agree that this place isn't for everybody. I would just hate it if this place turned into a clubhouse where only big tough guys ever post because if you can't take the heat, GTFO Discordia

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2010, 07:34:55 PM
and also to be clear, I don't really give a shit what happened to the OP and I'm not mad at anybody

clearly there are tards out there, and I agree that this place isn't for everybody. I would just hate it if this place turned into a clubhouse where only big tough guys ever post because if you can't take the heat, GTFO Discordia

Again, people like Pixie and Freeky are still here.

There's 3 kinds of people we're looking at:

1.  Those that are nice, and get along fine.
2.  Those that are asshats, and can take what they dish out with some form of humor, and
3.  Those that are asshats, and get all butthurt when it comes back their direction.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Plus, people like RWHN, you, Mangrove and (sometimes) me will bring up the 50-post suggestion when things might be getting out of hand.

Telarus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2010, 10:57:08 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 22, 2010, 10:53:05 PM
I think y'all were a little hard on him, personally.

Yeah.  We tell Cthulu jokes, and he responds with things like this:

Quote from: alhazred on July 22, 2010, 12:31:06 PM
Seriously, didn't mean to fuck with your play house.

Fuck him.

I rather liked the C'thulhu jokes.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Freeky

You know, this guy's account is only two days old. We should hold off on the torch and pitchforks (if thats whats happening) for at least another four days. :lulz:

Cain

Incidentally, my position may change once I leave this job (today, working from 7:30am until....9:30pm, maybe?  Tomorrow is little different) but until then...yeah.  Don't really have the time or inclination to give people helpful pointers.

Adios

He can either take it or he can't.

Jasper

I'm wonder if he would have bothered taking it if he saw a reason to stay.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 24, 2010, 06:01:33 PM
I'm wonder if he would have bothered taking it if he saw a reason to stay.

How would he have a reason to stay?  He never lurked, never looked around at what's going on, nothing.

But why should he, when it's our responsibility, right?
Molon Lube

Jasper

I didn't check to see whether he lurked, but it doesn't seem like he did.  It's obviously nobody's responsibility to hold his hand, but I notice that the ones who are made to feel welcome tend to stay and blend in.  Just a neutral observation, really.  I'm not saying anyone made a mistake.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Shit, it seems to me (as a person who joined 2 years ago) that we're way the fuck nicer to noobs now. Look at all the excellent noobs we've gleaned in just the last six months, mostly without any aggression and hardly any hazing. You just didn't notice 'em because they slipped into our folds like a greased dick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Well, I do think when the 50-post suggestion was first put in place there was a bit more of a grace period then there is now.  But, we're all under a lot more stress now too, so there is that to consider I suppose.  This is not necessarily a critical observation, just an observation based upon my 5 year history round these parts.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the dreadful hours

greetings and beatings

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Lovecraft tailspin on the first two pages was classic.  The rest?  Eh.