News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by alhazred, July 21, 2010, 06:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 22, 2010, 07:01:16 AM
Yeah.  Because the only thing better than horrid bastards, is horrid SEXY bastards.  8)

Is TRUTH.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: alhazred on July 22, 2010, 04:03:41 AM
Put that on the front page. I am actually a pretty decent guy, as far as that goes. I do have my moments but they do not include being a whipping boy because I did not put an intro in the right place. Seriously, I thought the site was good and decided to see what the forum was like. Since some jerk was here before me I get treated rather poorly as soon as I walk in.

Nice place. Do all newcomers get treated like this or did I violate a special name convention?

Look people, clearly I upset some people by being here and not appreciating being confronted and treated poorly upon arrival.

No, I was treated just fine when I showed up. I was part of a brief spurt of noobs that were viewed positively.

Words of advice:
Read any thread that contain the words "unlimited" and "fail" in the same title. Don't do what that person did.
Don't act weird to look cool. Cause it doesn't look cool.
Your junk stays in your pants when venturing outdoors. Don't touch it either, unless you're in your bedroom. And don't tell us about it.
If a number of people tell you you're wrong about something, accept it and try to see it from their point of view. If you still think you're right, just agree to disagree and drop it.
Don't alter others' pictures in humorous (or offensive, as that particular person's additions were) ways if you're not going to post your own picture.

Am I forgetting anything, guys?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pæs

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 22, 2010, 08:10:55 AM
Put that on the front page. I am actually a pretty decent guy, as far as that goes. I do have my moments but they do not include being a whipping boy because I did not put an intro in the right place. Seriously, I thought the site was good and decided to see what the forum was like. Since some jerk was here before me I get treated rather poorly as soon as I walk in.

Nice place. Do all newcomers get treated like this or did I violate a special name convention?

Look people, clearly I upset some people by being here and not appreciating being confronted and treated poorly upon arrival.

No, I was treated just fine when I showed up. I was part of a brief spurt of noobs that were viewed positively.

Words of advice:
Read any thread that contain the words "unlimited" and "fail" in the same title. Don't do what that person did.
Your junk stays in your pants when venturing outdoors. Don't touch it either, unless you're in your bedroom. And don't tell us about it.
If a number of people tell you you're wrong about something, accept it and try to see it from their point of view. If you still think you're right, just agree to disagree and drop it.
Don't alter others' pictures in humorous (or offensive, as that particular person's additions were) ways if you're not going to post your own picture.

Even if you avoid all of the above behaviours, some people are still not going to like you and they are going to be mean to you. Deal with it. Without being an (unfunny) asshole.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ferka Zarco on July 22, 2010, 08:17:36 AM

Words of advice:

Even if you avoid all of the above behaviours, some people are still not going to like you and they are going to be mean to you. Deal with it. Without being an (unfunny) asshole.

Pretty much all this.

Because even if you are a likable motherfucker, some people will still find you an unlikable motherfucker.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dalek

I think that almost every noob on the forum behaves in some weird retarded way, and it takes a month or two for him to adjust to the thought that the only way to make a good impression is to be himself. My first posts about a year ago were totally retarded. Also I tend to notice, that so many people act like "I am Prince ChaoDorkington master of shit and butterflyes. I enjoy cows and find carrots interesting" in their first posts, untill they notice that they're not in a DnD forum. Just how I see things after a year on the forums.

Also this.

Words of advice:

alhazred

Seriously, didn't mean to fuck with your play house.

Pæs

Quote from: alhazred on July 22, 2010, 12:31:06 PM
Fuck you.
I'll forgive you when you stop apologising.

Doktor Howl

90% of newcomers get shat on.  It's just our little way of saying "HI!"
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

...and 11/12 of them deserve it.

I'm calling troll.  Either that, or he's permanently locked in 2d circuit bullshit because mommy didn't love him enough.

ook ook, motherfucker.
Molon Lube

Pæs

I really hope he's a troll, because the alternative is that this thread actually hurt his feelings.

Freeky

Doin' it wrong.

Stop metaphoricalising, stop being a prick, stop getting butthurt. Stop posting in an obviously confrontational manner if you want to eventually be accepted here, or keep going and get driven off, because those are your only two outcomes left to you.

LMNO

There is a third option, of course.  Stay here and be a prick, and continually get shit on because that's what you like.

Please see Yatto, minuspace, etc.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 22, 2010, 04:37:22 PM

Doin' it wrong.

Stop metaphoricalising, stop being a prick, stop getting butthurt. Stop posting in an obviously confrontational manner if you want to eventually be accepted here, or keep going and get driven off, because those are your only two outcomes left to you.

That post pretty much nailed the coffin shut, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Just another weak reed, another Wade, here to scream about how badly the world treats him.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

You know what dude, some of us tried to help point you in the right direction. I can tell from your attitude here you're not having any of that. I'm not going to attempt to help you any further. I was fine with you until you said this. Enjoy the hole you're digging yourself into.

Here's your shovel.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Jasper

If he stays any longer, he'll probably start liking it and stay. 

And over time, he will spagify.

And he will rant.

Oh, yes.

I been watching this shit for a long time.