News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Sweet Merciful Fuck! Drones!

Started by Cramulus, July 27, 2010, 07:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/world/americas/us+drones+inside+the+tools+of+modern+warfare/3672737
^
at the end of this article, they mention how China has developed its own version of the Predator Drones we're using in Afghanistan. Except China is designing PTERODACTYLS.

QuoteAs the US army were proudly showing off their technology to me no one seemed worried about the idea that similar kit could be used against them.

"What terrorist is going to have a Predator?" scoffed an official from the Dept of Homeland Security recently.

Well, Hezbollah have them already and have flown them over Israel. And it is notable that China has developed its own version of the Predator – the Pterodactyl. And Iran is currently building surveillance drones that they could attach weapons to.

Some Internet research reveals that future drone models may in fact be literally based on pterosaurs as well:
http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Pterodactyl_Inspired_Robot_To_Master_Air_Ground_And_Sea_999.html

QuoteMimicking the physical and biological characteristics of the Early Cretaceous Brazilian pterosaur Tapejara wellnhoferi -- skin, blood vessels, muscles, tendons, nerves, cranial plate, skeletal structure, and more -- the scientists are working to develop a Pterodrone -- an unmanned aerial vehicle that not only flies but also walks and sails just like the original.

"The next generation of airborne drones won't just be small and silent," says the multidisciplinary group, "they'll alter their wing shapes using morphing techniques to squeeze through confined spaces, dive between buildings, zoom under overpasses, land on apartment balconies, or sail along the coastline."

Are we actually approaching the T-Rex Mech Battle future I've been hoping for since I've been a child?

Einstein predicted that World War IV won't be fought with guns and bombs, but with sticks and stones. But maybe, just maybe, it'll be fought with giant remote control dinosaurs.

BELIEVE IT!

Jasper

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

So then we should build our bunkers out of orange caution cones, right?!

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Elder Iptuous

Big Dog is still being worked on by Boston Dynamics.
slap some plates/horns/fins/etc on that, and you could have a stegosaurus/triceratops/dimetrodon/etc....

Jasper

You could make one at 4x size and program it to punch shit.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!