News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Chocolate Cream Cheese Fudge

Started by Sister_Gothique, July 22, 2010, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister_Gothique

8 oz light cream cheese
1 tbs melted margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 cups powdered sugar

OPTIONAL: 1 cup mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or dried fruit, etc...Anything that strikes your fancy, really.

Soften the cream cheese to room temperature (you can nuke it for 30 seconds or let it stand at room temp for about an hour).

Add margarine and vanilla to the softened cream cheese. Beat with a spoon until smooth. Stir in the cocoa and powdered sugar. It takes some diligent stirring to get the fudge mixed together properly. The end result should be smooth, very thick and evenly colored. At this point you can add any extras, and again, mix until smooth and even.

Oil an 8-inch square pan or a large plate. Press the fudge into the pan or make a pretty layer of it on the plate. Chill for several hours to harden (or just chuck it in the freezer overnight). Cut into small squares.
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Sister_Gothique

I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: Sister_Gothique on July 22, 2010, 03:14:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2010, 03:12:33 PM
SIN!
Delicious sin...
...and at least I didn't post the Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes....*mumbles*260 calories of awesome!

Richter

Can you use butter in place of the margarine? 

The Third Ecumenicl Council revising the Ars Richtera is still out on whether or not margarine is heresy.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on July 22, 2010, 03:59:32 PM

The Third Ecumenicl Council revising the Ars Richtera is still out on whether or not margarine is heresy.

By Cainadian Papal Bull, I declare it is. I will now bribe your clergy with positions of increased temporal power in exchange for their compliance with this Bull.

Also, why the hell aren't we ecclesiastics wearing silly hats anymore? That shit was classy.

Richter

Hey, no high exposure job IS worht it without snazzy hats, weird sex, and fabulous amounts of money.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

Not even flies eat margarine.  That scares me.

Richter

Hence why I ask about subbing in butter.  The only time anything like margarine occurs naturally, it's coming out of the a hair follicle warped into a swelling sack of cheesy shit that needs to be professionaly excised.

... and Fabio endorses spraying it on your food.  Bird blowing tosser.

Otherwise I would totally make and rabiply consume this awesomefudge.

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: Richter on July 22, 2010, 03:59:32 PM

I actually haven't tried this one with butter, but I don't see a reason why you couldn't. In my years of baking, I've always found margarine makes things a little better than butter (though not always so in other cooking).

Eater of Clowns

I don't know about margarine's salt content, but I'd guess using unsalted butter would be preferable if substituting.  Though with only a tablespoon of it there probably would be a huge difference.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 22, 2010, 06:22:51 PM
I don't know about margarine's salt content, but I'd guess using unsalted butter would be preferable if substituting.  Though with only a tablespoon of it there probably would be a huge difference.
Experimentation and victims guinea pigs taste testers needed....It's been too long since I had a bake-o-thon....

Richter

Quote from: Sister_Gothique on July 22, 2010, 06:26:37 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 22, 2010, 06:22:51 PM
I don't know about margarine's salt content, but I'd guess using unsalted butter would be preferable if substituting.  Though with only a tablespoon of it there probably would be a huge difference.
Experimentation and victims guinea pigs taste testers needed....It's been too long since I had a bake-o-thong....

Honest to "Bob" what I read.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Have you ever added nuts to this recipe?  I like walnuts in mah fudge.  MMMMMmmmmm

Otherwise, OMG YUM!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."