News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Basil Marceaux (R) for Governor of Tennessee!!!

Started by Bruno, July 24, 2010, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

This guy has my vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rykcxc5dIts&feature=player_embedded

Sure, he may not be the most eloquent speaker, but neither was Bush and that worked out splendidly.
Formerly something else...

BabylonHoruv

Is it just that I am jaded?  Cause he strikes me as a pretty typical, if slightly less coherent than usual, republican.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Bruno

A brief overview of his policies:

Get rid of mandatory car insurance.

School principals should take classes taught by retired principals. 

Teachers should have bachelor's degrees and take annual competency tests.

"Health care in Tennessee is a joke. I believe the doctors in Tennessee should practice preventive medicine. We need to be tested for all possibilities so we do not have to have an expensive medical procedure because the problem was not caught in time. I think insurance companies should bid on all parts of health insurance. So we can get the best price and service possible. There should be CAPS on all medical procedures. "

Politicians should listen more to the people.

I'm going to send him an email to find out what his position is on the construction of Mosques in Tennessee.

AFK

Your teachers don't have bachelor's degrees? 

Fuck, you more or less need to have a Master's Degree to teach in Maine. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 24, 2010, 10:42:40 PM

"Health care in Tennessee is a joke. I believe the doctors in Tennessee should practice preventive medicine. We need to be tested for all possibilities so we do not have to have an expensive medical procedure because the problem was not caught in time. I think insurance companies should bid on all parts of health insurance. So we can get the best price and service possible. There should be CAPS on all medical procedures. "

I'm going to send him an email to find out what his position is on the construction of Mosques in Tennessee.

Very bad idea.

Bruno

Quote from: RWHN on July 24, 2010, 10:54:38 PM
Your teachers don't have bachelor's degrees? 

Fuck, you more or less need to have a Master's Degree to teach in Maine. 

A quick search on the TN state website suggests that this is not true. It is possible to get a temporary teaching license if you have some kind of Bachelor's degree, and are currently in the process of obtaining a degree in education. I think at one time, some elementary school teachers were not required to have degrees. That may have only been true for substitute teachers.

I may have been looking at one of his old sites. He has been running for different offices for a while apparently.

I think this is the most current version:

www.basilmarceaux.com

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 24, 2010, 10:56:13 PM

Very bad idea.

This is the most recent version of his position on car insurance:

Quote3. I would like to update the monitory car insurance to match the federal insurance act where they say if you do not know the name and address of the person who will get the check when you pay you money to your agent it is gaming and we can not gamble in Tenn, right now we are gaming. My plan would lower car insurance by 45% . With this plan to follow federal
act is too insure your our car and nobody else because the only name we will know who will get the check is ourselves who pay the money to agent. We have no insurable interest in any other person

Citizens who get food stamp and S/S check can not afford to buy where food now can they afford to pay Insurance we would need to find a way to pay the insurance for them.

Also, I just sent him this:

Hello Mr. Marceaux. I am a resident of Murfreesboro where there are currently plans in the works to build a 50,000 square foot Muslim Mosque. Some of us residents have started a pention to stop the construction because we don't want an Islamic training center in our backyards and are afraid it will become a breeding ground for terrorists.

As governor of Tennessee what steps would you take to stop terrorists from breeding in our backyards?

Adios

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 24, 2010, 11:33:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 24, 2010, 10:56:13 PM

Very bad idea.

This is the most recent version of his position on car insurance:

Quote3. I would like to update the monitory car insurance to match the federal insurance act where they say if you do not know the name and address of the person who will get the check when you pay you money to your agent it is gaming and we can not gamble in Tenn, right now we are gaming. My plan would lower car insurance by 45% . With this plan to follow federal
act is too insure your our car and nobody else because the only name we will know who will get the check is ourselves who pay the money to agent. We have no insurable interest in any other person

Citizens who get food stamp and S/S check can not afford to buy where food now can they afford to pay Insurance we would need to find a way to pay the insurance for them.

Hello Mr. Marceaux. I am a resident of Murfreesboro where there are currently plans in the works to build a 50,000 square foot Muslim Mosque. Some of us residents have started a pention to stop the construction because we don't want an Islamic training center in our backyards and are afraid it will become a breeding ground for terrorists.

As governor of Tennessee what steps would you take to stop terrorists from breeding in our backyards?

Anyone who finances a car will still be required to have full coverage. How is it fair to burden them with the full bill? I call bullshit.

Remington

Blast Justin Bieber from car-sized boomboxes throughout the city. It'd be impossible to breed with that music in the background.
Is it plugged in?

Bruno

Quote from: Remington on July 25, 2010, 02:18:48 AM

Blast Justin Bieber from car-sized boomboxes throughout the city. It'd be impossible to breed with that music in the background.

I think they should legalize alcohol sales on Sundays and strip clubs in a preemptive strike against the coming Sharia law.

Also, if I catch some terrorists breeding in my back yard, should I beat them off with a broom?

DiscoUkulele

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 25, 2010, 04:06:22 AM
Also, if I catch some terrorists breeding in my back yard, should I beat them off with a broom?

only if your fists don't seem to do the trick.  :fap:
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

BabylonHoruv

I can't say I really disagree with him on any of those.

-Dok Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 25, 2010, 04:06:22 AM

:lmnuendo:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

BabylonHoruv

b eating people off generally helps keep them from breeding.  At least if done often enough.

-Dok Howl

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 26, 2010, 12:42:16 AM

I can't say I really disagree with him on any of those.
I disagree slightly on the health care item. Preventative medicine is very useful but there comes a point where you have to decide which tests are useful and which aren't. Testing people who are in very low risk groups can cause a high number of false positives which do more harm than good. Testing "for all possibilities" would have doctors spending most of their time on wild goose chases.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘