News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

The Empires wars cost more than...

Started by Adios, July 25, 2010, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 25, 2010, 07:31:01 PM
Wait, if we go to war with China, who will we borrow money from to finance that war?

Japan.

Juana

Japan isn't retarded - if we default on China, no one will pick up where China left off.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

That's the thing - if the US starts faulting on China without China making the first move, Tokyo and Frankfurt will drop the US like a hot potato.  It's not 1991 anymore, the US is not a lone and growing superpower, and Japan and Germany are not content to pick up the tab while the US provides the cannon fodder anymore.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on July 25, 2010, 08:32:07 PM
That's the thing - if the US starts faulting on China without China making the first move, Tokyo and Frankfurt will drop the US like a hot potato.  It's not 1991 anymore, the US is not a lone and growing superpower, and Japan and Germany are not content to pick up the tab while the US provides the cannon fodder anymore.

What do you think Chinas position will be if we end up in a direct confrontation with N. Korea?

Cain

They wont give a shit, except for all the North Korean refugees that may try to cross the border.  That's the only real reason they prop up the regime, aside from entertainment value.  It's not like they view each other as fraternal communist allies or anything  :lol:

Requia ☣

Maybe I'm missing something, since I can't watch the video, but the total income from all state taxes should be over a trillion dollars a year, the wars aren't even the same order of magnitude.

Or is it saying the total cost (for all nine years) is more than one years income?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on July 26, 2010, 12:13:46 AM
They wont give a shit, except for all the North Korean refugees that may try to cross the border.  That's the only real reason they prop up the regime, aside from entertainment value.  It's not like they view each other as fraternal communist allies or anything  :lol:

:lol:

Truthfully I was wondering how they would feel about the US that close to their border. S. Korea seems close enough, but then again they do have the largest standing army in the world.

Cain

Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 26, 2010, 12:22:45 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, since I can't watch the video, but the total income from all state taxes should be over a trillion dollars a year, the wars aren't even the same order of magnitude.

Or is it saying the total cost (for all nine years) is more than one years income?

According to the former chief economist of the World Bank, the Iraq war costs $12 billion a month

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080309/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_war_costs

That comes to $144 billion a year.  Over seven years, plus the Afghan war for nine, would put you in that ballpark.  So the latter.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on July 26, 2010, 12:35:34 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 26, 2010, 12:22:45 AM

According to the former chief economist of the World Bank, the Iraq war costs $12 billion a month

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080309/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_war_costs

That comes to $144 billion a year.  Over seven years, plus the Afghan war for nine, would put you in that ballpark.  So the latter.

Add in $10 Billion a month for Iraq.