News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Police to get Lazer Dazer

Started by Adios, July 26, 2010, 01:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

http://www.king5.com/news/BLINDING-LASER-BEAM-NEWEST-POLICE-TOOL-98973794.html

One of the newest and most unusual less-than-lethal weapons to hit the market is the "Dazer Laser." It's a powerful laser gun that can temporarily blind and disorient a suspect with a large modulating pool of green light.

"If you can impair their vision where they can't effectively target or locate you, you're controlling them, you have those couple seconds you need, which in law enforcement is a year," said Ryan Battis, who demonstrates the weapons to police departments for Laser Energetics, Inc. of New Jersey.

The promoters claim the lasers are effective day or night, and are designed to be effective anywhere from 3 feet to a mile-and-a-half away from a suspect - without causing eye damage.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Adios

From IRC

<Fred>: do they work if you wear mirrored sunglasses
<Hawk>: methinks you may be an evil person

Rumckle

Finally an excuse to wear sunglasses at night.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I want one.

Strictly for recreational purposes of course.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

-Kel-

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 26, 2010, 01:06:26 AM

The promoters claim the lasers are effective day or night, and are designed to be effective anywhere from 3 feet to a mile-and-a-half away from a suspect - without causing eye damage.

Yet, they mention nothing about cancer.  :crankey:

Remington

I am sure that these new weapons tools will be used with the same restraint as Tasers have been.
Is it plugged in?

Rumckle

Just wait till they start using on people who are driving 
:lulz:
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jasper

Seriously

Okay partner, the riot is about  a mile and a half away.  This is the perfect time to use our space man weapons on them. 

Okay, nobody mention we caused that car crash.

AFK

I imagine the mile and a half range would work in say, Kansas.  What about the rest of the country that has hills and shit? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: RWHN on July 26, 2010, 01:22:05 PM
I imagine the mile and a half range would work in say, Kansas.  What about the rest of the country that has hills and shit? 

Helicopters.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Count on July 26, 2010, 05:01:24 PM
So how accurate and safe is a bloody flash of light going to be from a mile and a half away?

So, you love criminals, do you?
Molon Lube

Jenne

It's info like this that makes me hate people.  I mean REALLY hate people.  Sigh.

Jenne,

Hates People But Loves Criminals (well, ONE of them, anyway)

Jasper

Never met a criminal I didn't like.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.