News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Americans wrongfully deported.

Started by Adios, July 26, 2010, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/07/25/nr.lemon.americans.deported.cnn?hpt=T2

Researchers say that every day, an American is wrongfully deported, and some worry the problem could get worse.

Doktor Howl

I can't wait for the AZ laws to take effect.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 26, 2010, 04:59:54 PM
I can't wait for the AZ laws to take effect.   :lulz:

Exactly.

In a drive to crack down on illegal immigrants, the United States has locked up or thrown out dozens, probably many more, of its own citizens over the past eight years. A monthslong AP investigation has documented 55 such cases, on the basis of interviews, lawsuits and documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act. These citizens are detained for anything from a day to five years. Immigration lawyers say there are actually hundreds of such cases.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30180729/

Adios

Rachel Rosenbloom, a professor from Northwestern School of Law who is an expert in immigration law, said that these cases are more common than many think. Rosenbloom told CNN that with the new Arizona law coming into effect, we may see even more American citizens wrongfully deported.

Legal representation is not provided for those who are accused of illegal immigration during a deportation case.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/report_hundreds_of_us_citizens.html

Pope Pixie Pickle

thats pretty fucked up, IMO.

The main targets of this will be legal hispanics and blacks, too poor to hire a lawyer and subsequently its racist and elitist bullshit.

oh and some of the comments on that last list made me want to  :asplode:

There colud be some decent trolling opportunities to be had there.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Wonder how long before some reporter get's his or herself deported and blows all of this apart?

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Khara on July 26, 2010, 05:30:04 PM
Wonder how long before some reporter get's his or herself deported and blows all of this apart?

now that would be an awesome piece of investigative journalism.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on July 26, 2010, 05:34:41 PM

Which means it will never happen.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 26, 2010, 05:56:27 PM

Yeah once I thought on it, I pretty much figured that.

We'll just have to hope they deport the "wrong" citizen who can get the press needed to fuck shit up, after they get back to the states.

Or if we get lucky there is some journalist out there who still believes in the truth..... nevermind....  my stupidity.

Apikoros II

I made a post simply repeating what the Good Doktor Charley Brown already mentioned and then realized his link went to the same place... So, I will add it is not bad for Cheech Marin's later works.
I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Jenne

I repeat from another fread--check out what's happening in Nebraska.  AZ was only the tip of the paraoiac iceburg...unfortunately.  I'm hoping it's a "trend" and will blow over.

But it's a faint, small hope at that, and I'm breathing freely with no breath held back.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Khara on July 26, 2010, 06:00:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 26, 2010, 05:56:27 PM

Yeah once I thought on it, I pretty much figured that.

We'll just have to hope they deport the "wrong" citizen who can get the press needed to fuck shit up, after they get back to the states.

Or if we get lucky there is some journalist out there who still believes in the truth..... nevermind....  my stupidity.

Anybody with enough power to get the press on their side wouldn't be wrongfully deported.  The System Works for anybody well connected enough to get their voice heard.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

...till it doesn't.  Even the mighty can fall.  *has seen it happen*  And sometimes, SOMETIMES, shit can change.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Jenne on July 28, 2010, 03:54:46 AM
I repeat from another fread--check out what's happening in Nebraska.  AZ was only the tip of the paraoiac iceburg...unfortunately.  I'm hoping it's a "trend" and will blow over.

But it's a faint, small hope at that, and I'm breathing freely with no breath held back.

No, I think we're just going to see more and more of it, particularly in the Southwest. We can thank the Tea Party movement for pushing public opinion to a ridiculuous place.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS