News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

The Secret Histories, #1

Started by Doktor Howl, July 27, 2010, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on July 27, 2010, 04:27:05 PM
Nice work, Dok. I liked it. So, if I've got you right, you think that the current system if dying off, so what should hopefully happen is that a new system be designed to replace it. Any thoughts on what this system might be like?

QuoteWaiting for the rest...

As am I.

QuoteThere is no "system"
^
l
that

Richter

Thinking back for a second to our founding Deists.  "Sure, there was a watchmaker, but it's up to us to tuen it up a bit."  Not "I better hire a watchmaker." or, "I better contact the central watch maintenance authority witha  bug report."  We are all of us looking at this metaphorical watch constantly.  Thought these days it seems like more than just a watch.  It was a simple pocketwatch at first.  The kind even a local craftsman could afford, and it did the basic stuff simple.  Then we added to it, and it worked all right still, but it was getting big.  We had a few crazy outings, but it held up.  Some folks decided that they could fuck around with the mechanism a few times, steal a little money off of each turn of the spring, and almost crashed the works, so prevention, regulations and failsafes were built in.  This happened a LOT.  Seems like sometimes every concern a few people could give voice to would get another part peice or function added on.  

I don't think it's a watch anymore.  It's a huge fuckign emchanical spider now.  Too big to take off for parties with guns and ammo anymore, but there are these huge goddamn legs, brislted and hgairly withe fighter jets tanks and ordnance that we plop down anywhere we want to send the boys to play.  In fact, it's not even standing with too many legs on the country that supposedly built it anymore.  It's busy supporting itself off other lands, proping up or squashing as it teeters.  There's jsut the body proped up over us now.  Eyes, spinarettes, and horrible fuckign fangs.  It spins down campign signs and slogan, news, internet, and shiny new apple products.  The eyes watch every form of radiation of vibration we make and detect, and several we don't.  the fangs ares resplendent with bright black clube, dripping with mace and jackboots, crackling like a fucking thudnerstorm of a tazer.  Look close; it's all printing presses and typewrtiers, cotton gins, dot matrix printers, and (finagle take it all!) a few old looms still spinning the mummified scalps of their mutilated opperators.  

Anything we ever did when we thought it wasn't our concern or problem is up there.  Too big to fail, or too big to crush us without killing us all?  Haha!  Remember how the "Crystal ball effect" seemed optimistic?

(Hork cough spit coffee)
Okay
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Adios

Doktor Howl

Nice work, Dok. I liked it. So, if I've got you right, you think that the current system if dying off, so what should hopefully happen is that a new system be designed to replace it. Any thoughts on what this system might be like?

I have a number of ideas, but most of them would be unacceptable to most Americans, as they involve breaking the country up into smaller entities.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 27, 2010, 04:48:28 PM

I have a number of ideas, but most of them would be unacceptable to most Americans, as they involve breaking the country up into smaller entities.

Since your OP this is seeming like a very good idea more and more.

The Wizard

QuoteI have a number of ideas, but most of them would be unacceptable to most Americans, as they involve breaking the country up into smaller entities.

I've had similar thoughts.
Insanity we trust.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Honestly, as big as this land mass is, and as shaky as the whole thing has become, I'm surprised we've lasted as long as we have.
Don't most hastily thrown together giant land mass countries fall apart right around.. 50 years ago?

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 27, 2010, 04:48:28 PM

I for one am interested in reading some of your ideas.

Zyzyx

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 27, 2010, 04:55:53 PM
Honestly, as big as this land mass is, and as shaky as the whole thing has become, I'm surprised we've lasted as long as we have.
Don't most hastily thrown together giant land mass countries fall apart right around.. 50 years ago?
I can't wait. Just need to get going on my target practice and maybe learn how to fix diesel engines. Get some skeels besides being robbable by bikers. Because skill is the only kind of insurance I'd trust for myself when it comes time to "tribe up".

Adios

Unless this is an exercise in each of us using our own brains.

Doktor Howl

Also, Richter owns this here thread now.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on July 27, 2010, 04:55:53 PM

Yeah.  The fun part is, more and more states are talking secession.  They don't really WANT to go, of course, they would miss the giant phallus empire that is Americaâ„¢, but they really have trouble with a Black dude being president (Tennessee, for example, has joined Texas in "threatening" to leave).

Simple solution:  Throw out every deadbeat state that takes in more tax money than it ships out, plus Texas (Because, well, they're Texas).  Let them form whatever unions they please.

Obviously, this will include my state, but we have plans for that eventuality, and that doesn't include staying in the same political entity as Phoenix.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 27, 2010, 04:32:20 PM

QuoteWaiting for the rest...

As am I.

About 40 separate countries with the common bonds of proximity, commerce and currency.

I was thinking of 4-6 countries with no common bonds save suspicion.
Molon Lube

Adios

Ok, here is the way I see it. If someone approached the Federal Government with this idea it would result in a room full of screaming monkies and a one way ticket to Gitmo.

So with this premise lest us cede the fact that the Federal Government will fail. Chaos will be immediate but individual states will scramble to maintain some kind of order. Everyone will be concerned with their own space and minimizing damage.

Once the dust settles some I can see less populated and some of the smaller states wanting to combine. Hawaii will forget we ever existed in under a minute. Same with Puerto Rico and possibly Alaska.

The existing governors will become ad hoc presidents. Then I suspect these new presidents will all want to meet and hammer out some details.

Now I will spend some time on trying to work out details.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 27, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Also, Richter owns this here thread now.   :lulz:

That piece he wrote is Classic and needs to be put everywhere!