News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Rash of drownings as Russians attempt to escape heat

Started by Adios, July 28, 2010, 05:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Oh fuck! My bubble! Rumckle, you cunt!

Oh wait...

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2010, 06:12:52 PM
Good thing climate change is only a liberal myth.   :lulz:

I really hate to be the pendant here, but individual heat waves are no more evidence for global warming than individual cold snaps are evidence against it.  Climate change is about sustained changes in typical temperature / weather patterns over a long period of time, not single-season temperature changes.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on July 29, 2010, 06:03:38 AM

I really hate to be the pendant here, but individual heat waves are no more evidence for global warming than individual cold snaps are evidence against it.  Climate change is about sustained changes in typical temperature / weather patterns over a long period of time, not single-season temperature changes.

Right; of which this is merely one of the many, many trending examples available globally over the past several years.

It's not that we're stupid; it's just that we might seem that way if you take a post or two outside of the entire rest of the real world and assume we don't know anything about it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on July 29, 2010, 06:03:38 AM

Well, if I were more of a pendant I would point out the slight error in your post.

But I'm not that type.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

tyrannosaurus vex

Global warming is true. But it isn't the end of the world, unfortunately.

"Armageddon" is what greys imagine must be on its way when they begin to realize that reality is weird.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

the last yatto

Silly russians drinking on the water requires chairs filled with air
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jenne

Quote from: Pēleus on July 29, 2010, 07:45:57 AM
Silly russians drinking on the water requires chairs filled with air

:lulz:  SOMEONE'S BEEN TO SAN DIEGO RECENTLY!

the last yatto

Random San Diego factoid: Thetis first words after visiting the beach...
"Holy shit there's a lot of Gingers"
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Aucoq

Quote from: Pēleus on July 29, 2010, 07:07:14 PM

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Jenne

Quote from: Pēleus on July 29, 2010, 07:07:14 PM

...I never noticed that before!  I will now be on the lookout for them!