"I ain't never seen so many gators in my life."

Started by Adios, July 28, 2010, 05:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2010, 08:47:57 PM
I wish I could find the Justin Wilson episode on Gator Tail Roast... it was a huge chunk of tail that looked awesome by the time he was done with it.

Of course, everything he made looked awesome by the time he was done with it....

He was a God.

Aucoq

I had never heard of Justin Wilson before.  Sounds like I missed out on something great.   :sad:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Aucoq on July 29, 2010, 09:09:14 PM
I had never heard of Justin Wilson before.  Sounds like I missed out on something great.   :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Justin+Wilson&aq=f

See Also, Hollywood Squares
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

Quote from: Aucoq on July 29, 2010, 09:09:14 PM

Yes, but I think you might be able to find him on interbuttal archives.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Get your gator chunks or tenders soaking in some buttermilk...  yes buttermilk!  Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours minimum, overnight is not a problem if tightly covered.  Gator absorbs flavors like a sponge!

You will need....

flour
fine ground corn flour (flour, not meal unless you mortar and pestle the fuck out of it!)
dried pepper (flakes or powder of your choice)  I prefer dried peppers I can toast then grind.  I use other types of peppers than just the normal cajun use of cayenne.  I don't like cayenne it's bitter to me.  So find yourself a hot pepper you like, toast it carefully, the grind it to dust using whatever method works for you!
salt
regular black pepper

now you mix your flour and cornmeal two to one
add the seasonings to YOUR taste - gator is not fish, it is not salty if it is fresh!!!

Get your oil going.  ALWAYS fresh oil for gator, it is mild and will pick up flavors of anything. I use peanut oil.

Do not drain the pieces as you get them out of the buttermilk, give a halfhearted shake and make sure they are good and covered and glumpy.

Fry until golden and yum crunchy.

If I pepper the flour, I don't use a sauce, if I don't, the kids will eat the nuggets with sirachi on them!

Bon Appetit!!!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Khara on July 29, 2010, 09:23:41 PM
Get your gator chunks or tenders soaking in some buttermilk...  yes buttermilk!  Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours minimum, overnight is not a problem if tightly covered.  Gator absorbs flavors like a sponge!

You will need....

flour
fine ground corn flour (flour, not meal unless you mortar and pestle the fuck out of it!)
dried pepper (flakes or powder of your choice)  I prefer dried peppers I can toast then grind.  I use other types of peppers than just the normal cajun use of cayenne.  I don't like cayenne it's bitter to me.  So find yourself a hot pepper you like, toast it carefully, the grind it to dust using whatever method works for you!
salt
regular black pepper

now you mix your flour and cornmeal two to one
add the seasonings to YOUR taste - gator is not fish, it is not salty if it is fresh!!!

Get your oil going.  ALWAYS fresh oil for gator, it is mild and will pick up flavors of anything. I use peanut oil.

Do not drain the pieces as you get them out of the buttermilk, give a halfhearted shake and make sure they are good and covered and glumpy.

Fry until golden and yum crunchy.

If I pepper the flour, I don't use a sauce, if I don't, the kids will eat the nuggets with sirachi on them!

Bon Appetit!!!

OH GODDESS!!!! I think I'm in love....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson