News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Hey Jenne

Started by Adios, July 29, 2010, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

If the initiative to legalize pot in California passes will all inmates in jail for pot crimes be released?

Jenne

Not so far as I know.  The bill itself is small.  Only a couple thousand words. 

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 02:31:20 PM
Not so far as I know.  The bill itself is small.  Only a couple thousand words. 

I wonder if it was even considered. That would surely help the budget by removing a lot of inmates from the system.

Jenne

BAHAHAAAAHAAAAHA. BAAAHAHAHAAAHAAAAA.  BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAHAAAAAAAA.

*falls over, faints*

Jenne

Ok, the reason for the hysterical laughter:  we spend MORE on inmate care in CA than we do on public education.

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 02:34:02 PM
Ok, the reason for the hysterical laughter:  we spend MORE on inmate care in CA than we do on public education.

:eek:

Jenne

Do you know, by the way...they build prisons according to the literacy rates in a state for 5th graders.

Nice stat, that, isn't it?

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 02:35:33 PM
Do you know, by the way...they build prisons according to the literacy rates in a state for 5th graders.

Uh...what? Please explain.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 02:37:07 PM

States look at their 5th grade reading literacy rates and based on that figure determine how many prison cells they need to build.

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 02:38:21 PM

States look at their 5th grade reading literacy rates and based on that figure determine how many prison cells they need to build.

Dear gods. With all the education cuts recently they better break ground in a hurry. We're going to need a lot more cells.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 02:40:40 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 02:38:21 PM

Dear gods. With all the education cuts recently they better break ground in a hurry. We're going to need a lot more cells.

EXACTLY the words I told the Governator's advisor when I lobbied his office for equalization in funding back in...'06?