News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Controlling firearms

Started by the last yatto, July 29, 2010, 07:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Also with national guard who normal provide for the common defence are often deployed overseas with other armed services. Some countries have a draft, I'm merely suggesting a drivers ed course and some community service before you own a weapon.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

Fuck it.  Mandatory military service for every citizen.  You want a right to bear arms?  Fight for it.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 30, 2010, 03:07:43 PM
In that case, gun ownership should be ENFORCED.  If it's a right, you should be properly educated in your rights.  Every school should have a gun range, and every student should take gun safety classes.

If we're not going to reduce the amount of guns in the country, we need to increase the public's awareness and respect of guns, what they do, and how they do it.  The right to own a gun does not mean you have right to be an ignorant sack of shit and accidentally shoot your daughter because you didn't know what the fuck you were doing.

Switzerland does this.  Not a bad idea in my opinion.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

In that case, gun ownership should be ENFORCED.  If it's a right, you should be properly educated in your rights.  Every school should have a gun range, and every student should take gun safety classes.

If we're not going to reduce the amount of guns in the country, we need to increase the public's awareness and respect of guns, what they do, and how they do it.  The right to own a gun does not mean you have right to be an ignorant sack of shit and accidentally shoot your daughter because you didn't know what the fuck you were doing.

I am sure you didn't expect me to agree with you did you?

Not on making people own guns.  But I do agree, that classes should be available for people on how to shoot and care for firearms.  When I was in school, that kind of thing was covered in FFA or ROTC.  They don't do that anymore.

As for the second paragraph, I hope that wasn't personally directed.

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 30, 2010, 08:19:54 PM
Fuck it.  Mandatory military service for every citizen.  You want a right to bear arms?  Fight for it.

I am really glad you don't have a say in the reality of gun ownership.

You talk like you are completely anti-gun.  That surprises me, I thought you were a lot more open minded about these things.

I don't think ANYONE here is saying that we want criminals owning weapons, HOWEVER, I do believe that people who have not lost the priviledge have the right to own a gun.  Criminals are not buying guns legally.  The crackdown needs to be on the criminals, not punishing your average law abiding citizen because the police, fbi, atf, cia and all the rest, can't catch or stop the criminals from getting guns.

LMNO

I decided to go with polemics and hyperbole for a bit.

In honest, the country is too big to have one gun law that will be good for everyone.

In a week, I'm going to Montana.  I'm gonna shoot a shitload of guns.  I love it.  It's a big, open place, it's a gun culture that respects firearms, I feel comfortable and safe, even though every one is armed.

However, I live in Boston, about four blocks away from one of the highest gun violence blocks in the city.  Someone gets shot about once a day.  Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's accidental.  In no way do I feel comfortable and safe around that many firearms.

So you tell me -- what one law can account for both of these situations?

Doktor Howl

Why do you hate Darwin?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 30, 2010, 08:39:25 PM

In honest, the country is too big to have one gun law that will be good for everyone.

In a week, I'm going to Montana.  I'm gonna shoot a shitload of guns.  I love it.  It's a big, open place, it's a gun culture that respects firearms, I feel comfortable and safe, even though every one is armed.

However, I live in Boston, about four blocks away from one of the highest gun violence blocks in the city.  Someone gets shot about once a day.  Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's accidental.  In no way do I feel comfortable and safe around that many firearms.

Totally unrestricted firearms ownership.

This shit isn't supposed to be safe.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pēleus on July 30, 2010, 08:16:32 PM
Also with national guard who normal provide for the common defence are often deployed overseas with other armed services. Some countries have a draft, I'm merely suggesting a drivers ed course and some community service before you own a weapon.

I'm merely suggesting a drivers ed course and some community service before you can speak your mind.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

The problem is the gun laws are for citizens who retain the priviledge of owning a gun.  Anyone else should be punished. 

You know I live in the highest crime rated city in the US, in the heart of ghetto hell.  I don't feel safe anywhere here.  But I'm not afraid of the people who have obtained their guns legally.  I'm afraid of the gang bangers and the dealers and the crackheads.  And I feel safe in saying that I doubt 1/8th of a percent of those people purchased their guns at all, let alone legally.  Right?  In fact, 6 of them are toting my legally purchased by my father and inherited by me then stolen from me guns.

Jasper

Shame, I thought it seemed like an interesting idea.  Mandatory gun education and such. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 30, 2010, 09:24:45 PM

Shame, I thought it seemed like an interesting idea.  Mandatory gun education and such. 

I think it should be a required course in high school.  Put the range in the basement.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

You just want to see them get given guns before darwin gives them cars.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 31, 2010, 03:46:46 AM
You just want to see them get given guns before darwin gives them cars.

Both.  Guns and cars.

And bathtub gin.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

I am curious as to why so many are interested in restricting freedoms?