News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Music Thread: Thumbnail sketch of you as a music fan.

Started by AFK, July 29, 2010, 06:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

first band I really got into: Def Leppard (but Appetite For Destruction was the single most important album ever)

favorite band overall: That's almost impossible. I can probably narrow it down to Therapy?, KMFDM, and OutKast

current obsession: La Coka Nostra (Everlast and Ill bill in the same group. I kid you not.)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Xooxe

The Offspring when I was 14. I grew up with little exposure to music.

Probably Aphex Twin. I went nuts over it.

I'm on a quest to look for brass or bowed bass with a chugging growl. Either orchestral or tango.

Pæs

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 29, 2010, 06:42:04 PM
1) The first band/musician you got into.
2) Overall favorite band/musician of all time
3) The newest or most recent band/musician you got into. (should be a new-ish band, not an old/established artist you just discovered.)

1) Robbie Williams. Lol. Properly 'got into', though? System of a Down.
2) Um. Difficult. Gogol Bordello, today.
3) Circus Contraption (Though I started listening to them a year ago and have had momentary obsessions with bands since, I'd still put them here.)