News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Fractal Artz

Started by Stelpa, August 14, 2010, 06:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stelpa

I think Fractal art is a good medium because:

1. It takes almost no skill at all
2. It is fun to watch while you are high (if only I did owned drugs!)
4. There are pretty colo(u)rs

So I made this rarely-updated photogallery blog of random pretty shapes and color schemes I discover by accident through a complex series of equations. If this just shows off my spaggyness, so be it.

http://oohprettycolors.tumblr.com/

--Nic

Triple Zero

ooh, pretty colours indeed :D

I do hate the navigation thing you have chosen, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Stelpa

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2010, 05:24:05 PM
ooh, pretty colours indeed :D

I do hate the navigation thing you have chosen, though.

Yay preset tumblr layouts  :lulz:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Great stuff. I love fractals.

What program did you use to make them?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

Stelpa

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 15, 2010, 04:24:16 AM
Great stuff. I love fractals.

What program did you use to make them?

Quote from: Cramulus on August 15, 2010, 01:29:00 PM
I love 'em!

Thanks, glad to hear that, both of you  :lulz:

I used a variety of programs, all for linux (some are offered for other OS'es, however):

I usually use a lil program called "xaos" to do my initial "exploring" because that is what it was made for; it allows you to quickly search through the mandlebrot or what have you, and is great fun to use while you are high (or so I have heard :P )

I usually render them in gnofract (works in 4d, crazy shit dude!) or Fraqtive (which has a very nice "julia" setting which allows further exploration). They both allow a nice degree of customization, and colour scheme debauchery  :)

Tell me if you have any more questions!

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the ones in 3d were created in a program called "apophysis", which is a whole other beastie, trust me :P

--Nic