News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Step Right Up, Step Right Up...

Started by Phineas T. Poxwattle, August 01, 2010, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No u

WARNING!!
The preceding post may appear to make no sense.  Trying to make sense of this post may cause injury or even death.  Consult a physician before reading. 
Use with a good diet or exercise plan.  Do not read if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. 
Do not read if taking SSRI or tricyclic antidepressants, or if pregnant or lactating. 
After reading, if you have an erection for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention immediately. 

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 01, 2010, 10:53:39 PM
Great read.  It's a good analogy, the human ego and alchemy.

I'll add another agree-fap to the circle jerk. It's a well-articulated idea about these inconsistent "selves" formed by different social networks.

I'm going to think more on it though...

And, if the ego is illusory, who is being fooled?

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jasper

I don't know if it is illusory.  Who says the egos we develop aren't real?  Everything about us is like a story we tell about ourselves.  I am the guy who does x.  Your clothes and your job aren't who you are, but they play a part in who you think you are.  And what's the difference between who you think you are, and the reality of who you are?

~How am I not like myself?

The way I think of myself plays an active role in how I behave.  If the way I think of myself has nothing to do with my real self, then a 'real self' doesn't exist in any meaningful way.

Pterodactyl Handler

FOOLS

you MORONIC MORONS

pathetic BUTT DUMPLINGS,

IGNORANT of your own IGNORANCE

which is ITSELF IGNORANT of ITSELF

I live on the mountain adjacent to these forums, and I have watched your wormlike fingers tapping feverishly on your keyboards, your eyes glazed over like donuts, spags all. And this nauseates me. My wretched pterodactyls cry out for your sludgy stupid blood. This has not changed in years. But today I hear other voices from my mountain top cabana. Wiccans and their ilk? If I were to roll my eyes further I would risk ocular damage.

Do you think you will learn something by joining one another's forums? Simpletons. Do you think that your forum will be improved by "being nice" to these gaptoothed barefooted mud fondlers? You all nod your idiot heads in groupthink agreement that your precious community would be better off if you weren't so harsh to outsiders. Pathetic. You're like trekkies, muching on the PB&J sandwich your mother made you, hoping that one day somebody will join you at the lonely lunch table so you can talk about the latest Omni Magazine. Do you realize you are allowing mudshit in your home?

Occult does not mix with post occult. Religion does not mix with irreligion. If you Discordians, hopeless spags that you are, have anything going for you, it's that you don't lie with with dogs or neopagans. If you're going to throw that out because you think some spaglord like Cramulus wants you to be nice to newcomers, you might as well all register on mysticwicks and start posting unironically. Or join an anarchist commune. Or vote Ron Paul.

Seriously, go fuck yourselves,

Pterodactyl Handler X

PS: You are dumb and stupid and in addition dumb but especially stupid.

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 02, 2010, 12:06:07 AM
I don't know if it is illusory.  Who says the egos we develop aren't real?  Everything about us is like a story we tell about ourselves.  I am the guy who does x.  Your clothes and your job aren't who you are, but they play a part in who you think you are.  And what's the difference between who you think you are, and the reality of who you are?

~How am I not like myself?

The way I think of myself plays an active role in how I behave.  If the way I think of myself has nothing to do with my real self, then a 'real self' doesn't exist in any meaningful way.

Isn't alchemy the epitome of a mirage? Alchemists never succeeded in creating gold from other metals but still believed it to be possible. In the same way, I think people believe egos to be an objective reflection of their identity, though it's always incomplete and dependent on the ongoing context. How you're defined as a person is extremely brief and sorted for relevance to the social system or situation that you're in.

There also seems to be something implicit in an ego that presupposes a wholeness that isn't there. I define ego as a conscious-self concept, not as a tiny-fraction-of-self-concept. And as a referent to reality, I've yet to hear a convincing warrant for the argument that it is ever an generalizable account of what defines a person. Salience ≠ entirety. 7 ∓ 2 chunks of information can be active in our weeny little conscious awareness. How could 9 chunks of information ever come close to capturing YOU?

This is where most tend to eat their menus.

It's like saying a painting of a leaf of a tree IS the tree. Or an audio recording of wind rustling through a shrub IS the shrub. Or the feeling of an elephant urethra moving around your fist IS the elephant.  At the most, an ego has accurate reference to only the most minuscule droplets of experience and rapidly becomes inaccurate or irrelevant to a new situation.

Quote from: Pterodactyl Handler

BIKAW! NEOPAGANS!

I'm not sure it's worth appraising someone's worth on their imaginary friends if that doesn't interfere with their bipedalism.

the last yatto

I do like the fancy man's word but are we ready to break age old tradition that we burn the witch?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

My decision to back off was my own.

Cramulus

Dactyl Handler,

You have spent too long amongst the Wiccans. You have learned to relate to them in one specific way, and in doing so, you have acquired part of their stink. I know we've been trolling them for years, literally years, but occasionally one must put aside the wretched pterodactyl clones and extend an olive branch. Here's what I recommend:

When I'm feeling confused because I can't sort out the way my multiple egos relate to other people, I have a trick which works every time. I lay on my back and hang my head over the edge of the couch or bed. Then, like you're trying to cure hiccups, drink warm salt water from the far edge of a glass. The altered blood flow and and subsequent shift in consciousness will help you focus on what you need to.

Stay in that position for five to ten minutes while sipping the water. Give it time to work its magic.

With the beating of a thousand horses, my heart takes flight,

Professor Cramulus

PS: This board is often "weird", but it's rarely actually this surreal for me.

Cain

AFK

I'm lost.  But I'm comfortable with that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I don't care one way or the other, they didn't like me over at TCC either.  I think I'm banned. 

If you come here, we give you a chance.  You either make it or leave.  Problem is, few have what it takes to survive.  It takes a special kind of person to become a PD regular.  :wink:

Dr. Alan Grant

Somebody, I can't really tell who, is talking about how they're experiencing cognitive dissonance. I get the sense that it's somebody who has used multiple alts on multiple forums, and now the forum populations are coming together, and he's confused about which alt now holds his "real" opinions.

I do know this, that fucking Pterodactyl Handler has to die before he destroys us all.

Adios

Do we have to have an alt to post in this thread?

the dreadful hours

confounded confusion
where is what
who is why