News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Wildfires force state of emergency for 500 Russian towns

Started by Adios, August 02, 2010, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Russian authorities have imposed a state of emergency around about 500 towns and villages because of wildfires burning across the west of the country, officials said Monday.

Most of the fires -- among the worst ever to hit the region -- were started accidentally by people burning garbage, dropping cigarettes, or failing to extinguish campfires or barbecues properly, Emergency Situations Ministry representative Irina Andrianova said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/08/02/russia.wildfires/index.html?hpt=T2

Jasper

Can it really be considered an accident if you were burning your garbage?   wtf Russia.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Noooooo, they're drowning remember???  Not on fire!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Khara on August 02, 2010, 10:46:58 PM

That's Pakistan, not Russia. I'm not entirely sure if you were serious or not, but it confused me for a moment as well, since I heard about both disasters in a short time.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Let's see...A fire, a flood, child abuse...  What prophecy does that fulfill again?

Adios

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 03, 2010, 12:36:08 AM
Quote from: Khara on August 02, 2010, 10:46:58 PM

That's Pakistan, not Russia. I'm not entirely sure if you were serious or not, but it confused me for a moment as well, since I heard about both disasters in a short time.

About 1000 russians have also drowned swimming while drunk.

Cain

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 03, 2010, 03:08:21 AM
Let's see...A fire, a flood, child abuse...  What prophecy does that fulfill again?

The one which says "living in Russia fucking sucks, man"?

Adios

Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2010, 03:31:14 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on August 03, 2010, 03:08:21 AM

The one which says "living in Russia fucking sucks, man"?

But the passion and penchant for tragedy!

Jasper

That's a sensible prophecy.  Nostradamus really missed a bet with that one.

The Johnny

This reminded me of an 8-bit Theater strip where they drown in fire (also marginally of the DrownBall Olympics).

But i looked in over 500 strips and i cannot find it  :sad:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Living in Russia is basically like being shat on by all of history.

Jasper

That bad?  I need to read up on russian history more.  Sounds funny.

Cain

Russian history really starts with the Mongol invasion.  Then things got worse.

Jasper

The Johnny

Joh'Nyx (1) - Internet (0)

I call this "Going for groceries in Russia".

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner