News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Pakistan flooding death toll reaches 800

Started by Adios, July 31, 2010, 04:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Many of the victims died when floodwaters swept away hundreds of mud houses in parts of Swat Valley and the districts of Shangla and Tank, according to Bashir Ahmed Bilour, a provincial minister in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Hussain said floodwater has cut off the Swat Valley and the districts of Shangla and Peshawar. There is no way to get to these areas by road, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/07/31/pakistan.flooding.deaths/index.html?hpt=T1

DiscoUkulele

QuoteThe United Nations says the number of people affected by the floods has risen to nearly a million people, with infrastructure receiving major damage.

Fucking hell.
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

Dysfunctional Cunt

I saw on the news this morning they had raised the estimated death numbers at 1,200 now.  :sad:

Adios

Quote from: Khara on August 02, 2010, 02:52:08 PM
I saw on the news this morning they had raised the estimated death numbers at 1,200 now.  :sad:

I saw that.

Reginald Ret

My first thought was  'They have infrastructure is pakistan?'
Quickly followed by  'Don't be a dick Regret, people are suffering'
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Lies

Hey, if you can't laugh at other peoples suffering, there are people here who will do that for you.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!