News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Take Two: PD.COM Chefs, share your marinade recipies.

Started by AFK, August 02, 2010, 08:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

LMNO

Garlic, lime juice, nam pla, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce.

Works for both, actually.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Sounds awful but is totally delicious.....

catalina dressing - 1 bottle
apricot preserves - 1 small jar
2 tsp toasted ground pepper of your choice
lime or lemon juice to cut it to the consistency of runny syrup!

Sir Squid Diddimus

chicken is usually-
lime, cumin, s&p, garlic, adobo, sazon, white wine

pork i like-
soy, a little ketchup, 5 spice, honey, sesame oil, hoisin, a dash of fish sauce, rice vinegar

skirt steak-
lime, cumin, adobo, sazon, smoked paprika, s&p, red wine vinegar, garlic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on August 03, 2010, 05:00:25 PM
pork i like-
soy, a little ketchup, 5 spice, honey, sesame oil, hoisin, a dash of fish sauce, rice vinegar

ever considered adding a littlebit of grated/chopped fresh ginger to that mix?

I use about the same thing for marinading salmon.

Actually no it's soy+honey+rice vinegar+ginger+black pepper+garlic+oil,

sometimes fish sauce unless my (vegetarian) gf is also eating and I'm using the same sauce for the veggies (spring onions, paksoi, shrooms). :(

same reason I can't use anchovy as often as I'd like.

btw, awesome anchovy butter recipe: anchovy+butter+garlic+red pepper (flakes, fresh or paste)+a squeeze of lime juice. great for on tuna steak, or just on toasted baguette slices or something. actually, also great on a slice of bread. actually, it's just great.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 03, 2010, 07:39:56 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on August 03, 2010, 05:00:25 PM
pork i like-

ever considered adding a littlebit of grated/chopped fresh ginger to that mix?

I use about the same thing for marinading salmon.

Actually no it's soy+honey+rice vinegar+ginger+black pepper+garlic+oil,

sometimes fish sauce unless my (vegetarian) gf is also eating and I'm using the same sauce for the veggies (spring onions, paksoi, shrooms). :(

same reason I can't use anchovy as often as I'd like.

btw, awesome anchovy butter recipe: anchovy+butter+garlic+red pepper (flakes, fresh or paste)+a squeeze of lime juice. great for on tuna steak, or just on toasted baguette slices or something. actually, also great on a slice of bread. actually, it's just great.

shit. i knew i was forgetting one.
yes. freshly grated ginger and the juice from grating it.
thanks

and that anchovy butter shit sounds mighty damn tasty. ima do this when i get home beotch.

Storebrand

For chicken

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 oil
2Tsp brown sugar
1tsp garlic salt
1tsp ginger
1tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
bring to a boil, simmer 5 min, marinate at least an hour, preferably over night

Triple Zero

I always wonder about these cup measurements, I looked it up and a cup is 0.23L, so that recipe would give you 3/4th of a liter in marinade? Isn't that, like, a LOT?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 04, 2010, 10:19:47 AM
I always wonder about these cup measurements, I looked it up and a cup is 0.23L, so that recipe would give you 3/4th of a liter in marinade? Isn't that, like, a LOT?

Well you figure most marinade recipes are for 3 - 5 pounds of meat..... You save some a lot of the time for basting, especially if you are grilling, so not a whole lot.

Triple Zero

LMNO

Sir Squid Diddimus