News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars

Started by Adios, August 04, 2010, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of greenhouse gases and biggest energy consumer.

But the country is also thinking in big and bold ways when it comes to how it will reduce pollution and a new plan to build a "straddling bus" is among the most space-age schemes yet.

In an effort to go green and relieve congestion without widening roads, the Shenzhen Huashi Future Parking Equipment company is developing a "3D Express Coach" (also known as a "three-dimensional fast bus").

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/669166

Can you see anything going wrong here?  :lulz:

But on a serious note, this is not a bad concept.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 04:58:45 PM
China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of greenhouse gases and biggest energy consumer.

But the country is also thinking in big and bold ways when it comes to how it will reduce pollution and a new plan to build a "straddling bus" is among the most space-age schemes yet.

In an effort to go green and relieve congestion without widening roads, the Shenzhen Huashi Future Parking Equipment company is developing a "3D Express Coach" (also known as a "three-dimensional fast bus").

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/669166

Can you see anything going wrong here?  :lulz:

But on a serious note, this is not a bad concept.

Are the buses being manufactured in China?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

Shenzhen Huashi Future Car-Parking Equipment

Looks like.

I wonder if it would work in Boston, for example?

Cain

The real question is: will my child get lead poisoning if they try to eat it?

Adios

Quote from: Cain on August 04, 2010, 05:40:50 PM
The real question is: will my child get lead poisoning if they try to eat it?

Chinese law requires that.

Adios

The set here is super capacitor, a device that can charge, discharge and store electricity quickly. The power it stores during the stop can support the bus till the next stop where another round of charging takes place, achieving zero toxic gas throughout the process.

About the ultrasonic waves put forth from the end of the bus, that is to keep those high cars or trucks away from entering the tunnel. Using laser ray to scan, cars get too close to the passage will activate the alarm on the bus end. Inside the bus, there are turning lights that indicate a the bus is intending to make a turn to warn the cars inside. Also radar scanning system is embedded on the walls to warn cars from getting too close to the bus wheels.
http://www.chinahush.com/2010/07/31/straddling-bus-a-cheaper-greener-and-faster-alternative-to-commute/

I dunno, I'm starting to like the idea.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 05:36:17 PM

Looks like.

Traffic's only really that bad during rush hour and mainly is certain areas. Well, that and if there is some sort of various ethnic pride celebration going on on that particular day.

Might be an interesting thing to do, but the MBTA can't really afford to update their fleet again.

Adios

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 04, 2010, 05:52:03 PM

Looks like.

Traffic's only really that bad during rush hour and mainly is certain areas. Well, that and if there is some sort of various ethnic pride celebration going on on that particular day.

Might be an interesting thing to do, but the MBTA can't really afford to update their fleet again.

The bus can save up to 860 ton of fuel per year, reducing 2,640 ton of carbon emission. Presently we have passed the first stage demonstration and will get through all of the technical invalidation by the end of August. Beijing's Mentougou District is carrying out a eco-community project, it has already planned out 186 km for our straddling bus.

It can reduce up to 25-30% traffic jams on main routes. Running at an average 40 km/h, it can take 1200 people at a time, which means 300 passengers per cart.

Sometimes one has to ask if they can afford not to.

Cramulus

This sounds like it could easily turn a regular traffic accident into a horrifying multi car pileup.

whaaat? Boston is absolutely the worst city on the east coast for driving.

Adios

Quote from: Cramulus on August 04, 2010, 05:58:15 PM
This sounds like it could easily turn a regular traffic accident into a horrifying multi car pileup.

Well, that was just one possibility.

And there's the construction costs to consider as well.

The first 115 miles of track is set for construction in Beijing's Mentougou district starting in late 2010. The Chairman of the Huashi Future Parking Equipment company boasts it will take only a year and 500 million yuan (around $73 million) to build the futuristic transportation system.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah, but my bus never has any problems getting me to where I go. Traffic's certainly not bad enough for this kind of bus.

Adios

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 04, 2010, 06:02:55 PM

Yeah, but my bus never has any problems getting me to where I go. Traffic's certainly not bad enough for this kind of bus.

Ever tried to drive in Denver during rush (2 or 3) hour?

The Johnny

OMFG, im gonna kill myself over the knowledge that this isnt implented in Insurgentes avenue here in Mexico City.

:hanging:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 06:04:17 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 04, 2010, 06:02:55 PM

Ever tried to drive in Denver during rush (2 or 3) hour?

Nope. Never been further west than Indiana.

Adios

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 04, 2010, 06:05:02 PM

OMFG, im gonna kill myself over the knowledge that this isnt implented in Insurgentes avenue here in Mexico City.

:hanging:

Talk me down Cram!  :lulz: