News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Fictionpussy Galore

Started by Captain Utopia, August 06, 2010, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Question - at what point will somebody who wants to do this idea, no longer be dog piled if they don't immediately and automatically give credit?  e.g. If I want to do a WOMP, hell, I don't even know who to credit.  What is the difference really?  Time?  Whose call is that?

When I saw the OP my thoughts were "Oh cool, Cram is running with that idea Roger was writing about a while ago", comments from other posters brought up things like the tape-worm guys again and so I figured that the OP was commonly recognised from coming from that source.  I don't see Cram denying the influence, or refusing to add the desired reference, so I don't see the need for drama.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Captain Dystopia on August 06, 2010, 07:35:10 PM

Question - at what point will somebody who wants to do this idea, no longer be dog piled if they don't immediately and automatically give credit?  e.g. If I want to do a WOMP, hell, I don't even know who to credit.  What is the difference really?  Time?  Whose call is that?

When I saw the OP my thoughts were "Oh cool, Cram is running with that idea Roger was writing about a while ago", comments from other posters brought up things like the tape-worm guys again and so I figured that the OP was commonly recognised from coming from that source.  I don't see Cram denying the influence, or refusing to add the desired reference, so I don't see the need for drama.

Fuck off, Fictionpuss.  Just fuck off.  Stay the fuck away from me.  Think you can manage that?

Because, you know, I'm totally okay with it if you aren't, and I'd be more than happy to take out the repressed anger, etc, I'm feeling right now onto you, here and everyfuckingwhere.
Molon Lube

Payne

Suggestion:

Lock this thread. Cram can create a new one with the original posts, slightly edited with appropriate attribution as per his and Doks agreement to sort this mess out.

Everything else is now distracting from what is a great idea from two of my favourite original creative posters on this board.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Question - at what point will somebody who wants to do this idea, no longer be dog piled if they don't immediately and automatically give credit?  e.g. If I want to do a WOMP, hell, I don't even know who to credit.  What is the difference really?  Time?  Whose call is that?

When I saw the OP my thoughts were "Oh cool, Cram is running with that idea Roger was writing about a while ago", comments from other posters brought up things like the tape-worm guys again and so I figured that the OP was commonly recognised from coming from that source.  I don't see Cram denying the influence, or refusing to add the desired reference, so I don't see the need for drama.

Just doing it, or posting about doing it, is different from presenting it as the inception of an idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on August 06, 2010, 07:38:54 PM
Suggestion:

Lock this thread. Cram can create a new one with the original posts, slightly edited with appropriate attribution as per his and Doks agreement to sort this mess out.

Everything else is now distracting from what is a great idea from two of my favourite original creative posters on this board.

Actually, I'm going to split the thread once everything is ironed out.  I don't want this idea destroyed, and I don't particularly want to fight with Cram (Wouldn't mind curb-stomping Fictionpuss a bit, though, in a figurative way).
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on August 06, 2010, 07:40:24 PM

Just doing it, or posting about doing it, is different from presenting it as the inception of an idea.

Fictionpuss knows this.  He's just stirring shit because he's still butthurt about the E-democracy thing.  Cram said he'll make it right, and I have faith that he will.  Fictionpuss, on the other hand, is looking for a good way to cause trouble.
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2010, 07:42:56 PM

Fictionpuss knows this.  He's just stirring shit because he's still butthurt about the E-democracy thing.  Cram said he'll make it right, and I have faith that he will.  Fictionpuss, on the other hand, is looking for a good way to cause trouble.

Has been his MO ever since he got here, in my recollection.

Dysfunctional Cunt

If you get your idea from someone else, you give a nod.  If you get inspiration from someone else, you give a nod.  

A whole this came about because of a conversation I had with whoever a while back....  

Or a recent conversation with so and so inspired me.

It is common courtesy and the right thing to do.

Anything else is just another form of plagiarism.

While the regular members HERE recognized this as Dok's original idea, I doubt people who read Cram's blog know that, nor would anyone new.

This was not just a simple taking an idea and running with it.  Too much was written in exact verbage to accept that theory.  

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on August 06, 2010, 07:45:43 PM

Yeah, he's a smarmy little shit.  I blame myself, though.  He had left, and I had forgotten what a fucking sad sack he was, and emailed him.  Now I wish I hadn't, because it's become painfully clear that - other than his moonkitten troll - he's not much more than a sack of wet shit.

I need to listen to you more often, Payne.
Molon Lube

Captain Utopia

Fictionpuss knows this.  He's just stirring shit because he's still butthurt about the E-democracy thing.

:lulz:

I'm really not.  Have I mentioned it since then?  Have I demonstrated a grudge of any kind towards anyone who participated in that thread?  No.  It's delusional to suggest otherwise.

Cram said he'll make it right, and I have faith that he will.  Fictionpuss, on the other hand, is looking for a good way to cause trouble.

I stated my opinion respectfully.  I'm not sure why I should be singled out as the only person who isn't allowed to express their thoughts ITT.

So I assume that you're just looking for a convenient lightning rod for your rage.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Khara on August 06, 2010, 07:47:01 PM
If you get your idea from someone else, you give a nod.  If you get inspiration from someone else, you give a nod.  

A whole this came about because of a conversation I had with whoever a while back....  

Or a recent conversation with so and so inspired me.

It is common courtesy and the right thing to do.

Anything else is just another form of plagiarism.

While the regular members HERE recognized this as Dok's original idea, I doubt people who read Cram's blog know that, nor would anyone new.

This was not just a simple taking an idea and running with it.  Too much was written in exact verbage to accept that theory.  

Khara, Fictionpuss knows this.  He's deliberately trying to keep the pot boiling.

Like I said, Cram said he'll make this right, and I believe him.  When it's all over and done, I'm splitting this off, getting my head back in the game (with respect to this and the strangehunters thing), and - as an afterthought - dragging fictionpuss around by the ankles for a while.
Molon Lube

Captain Utopia

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Captain Dystopia on August 06, 2010, 07:50:15 PM
Fictionpuss knows this.  He's just stirring shit because he's still butthurt about the E-democracy thing.

:lulz:

I'm really not.  Have I mentioned it since then?  Have I demonstrated a grudge of any kind towards anyone who participated in that thread?  No.  It's delusional to suggest otherwise.

Yeah.  Me.  And believe me, I'm an expert on delusions.  This isn't one.

Quote from: Captain Dystopia on August 06, 2010, 07:50:15 PM
Cram said he'll make it right, and I have faith that he will.  Fictionpuss, on the other hand, is looking for a good way to cause trouble.

I stated my opinion respectfully.  I'm not sure why I should be singled out as the only person who isn't allowed to express their thoughts ITT.

So I assume that you're just looking for a convenient lightning rod for your rage.

1.  You stirred shit, blatantly and intentionally, AFTER the argument was over.

2.  You can express anything you like.  I just don't like you.

3.  Yeah, I believe I mentioned that.  Thanks for volunteering.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Captain Dystopia on August 06, 2010, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on August 06, 2010, 07:45:43 PM

:?

I think Payne remembers your incessant shit on IRC and PD in your previous incarnation.  I think everyone does.
Molon Lube

Captain Utopia

Maybe someone can help me see what is so controversial about this?  I don't see it.