News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

WTF? Srlsy WTF?

Started by Thurnez Isa, August 08, 2010, 09:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Right unconditional love and imagination are bad. Thank you Fox News. Now kindly, DIMFUYDFBTD.

Cramulus

I watch Billy O and Glenn Beck because it's the only television which consistently gets an emotional reaction to me. I am used to seeking out TV which pisses me off.

But I... I can't even handle this

they're assaulting things that are very deep in my heart and it stokes this sort of fire - some fight that I know I can't resolve

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 09, 2010, 03:24:54 AM
I watch Billy O and Glenn Beck because it's the only television which consistently gets an emotional reaction to me. I am used to seeking out TV which pisses me off.

they're assaulting things that are very deep in my heart and it stokes this sort of fire - some fight that I know I can't resolve

So do something about it.  If we can't smite some stupid shits at Fox, then we should just stop calling ourselves Discordians, and rename this "Nancy.com"
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

well, there is an e-mail address in that video.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Great Bovinity on August 09, 2010, 03:42:38 AM
plan of attack?

A snail mail blitz accusing Mr Rogers of being a Godless commie?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Especially funny given that the video is more than 2 years old.
Molon Lube

Adios

It's Fox, FFS, who cares?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on August 09, 2010, 03:24:54 AM

KILL YOUR IDOLS, CRAM

I had to look up this Mr Roger's guy, I only knew his name from some Bloodhound Gang song referencing him.

He sounds a bit like "Ome Willem" (uncle William), from a Dutch TV children's show .. Except Ome Willem threatened he would give the kids a SHIT SANDWICH!!! (BROODJE POEP!)

Or maybe a littlebit like Mr Cactus, who held his show in a boxing ring, and every episode killed off the same young woman in some gruesome accident IN ORDER TO TEACH KIDS ABOUT SAFETY!! ("and, young playing woman, what have you learned from all of this?" -- "to never ever use dad's gouge again unless I cut away from myself and not towards me, even if it seems easier to do so, Mr Cactus").

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED NOW?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

I actually had the lucky misfortune to watch this bit as it happened on Fox News.  Not sure why I was watching it.  Just shaking my head the whole time.  But yeah, Mister Rogers was all about a sense of entitlement.  Like, entitled to be considered an individual human being with individual characteristics.  He wasn't telling kids to grow up to be couch potatoes and suck up welfare money.  Oh, and he encouraged kids to use their imagination.  Fuck!  Don't want that happening!  Geesh. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

But is there really no dirt on this Mr Rogers character whatsoever?

All I can find about him anywhere is that he's basically the most perfect, polite, friendly, encouraging, good-hearted etc etc etc person that is conceivably possible. Nearly almost beyond what is conceivably possible, it seems.

Not a speck on him?

Is he not actually a robot from the future?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

Also, he's from Latrobe, Pennsylvania.  The birthplace of Rolling Rock.

RWHN,
-shuddap, I like it!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of someone being completely nice and polite and virtuous and friendly his entire life without anything being seriously wrong with them. It's an anomaly, maybe even like a singularity, a coin with only one side.

Adios

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 09, 2010, 02:54:52 PM
I just can't wrap my head around the idea of someone being completely nice and polite and virtuous and friendly his entire life without anything being seriously wrong with them. It's an anomaly, maybe even like a singularity, a coin with only one side.

Roy Rogers, AKA, Leonard Sly.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 09, 2010, 02:54:52 PM

Rollover:  Mr. Rogers project an air of genuine, unwavering, almost saintly pure-hearted decency.  But when you look deeper, at the person behind the image...that's exactly what you find there, too.  He's exactly what he appears to be.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.