News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

MailGASM

Started by LordOfganza, August 17, 2010, 04:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Liam on October 24, 2010, 11:59:50 AM
I'm in. Can we add random things to the package too?

I think the only consideration there is that people may not want to spend extra shipping for more stuff, if the random things are supposed to be sent on.

Triple Zero

Easy enough to solve. Make sure that when you mail random things, you only mail perishable random things. That way people won't be able to send them on and so won't have to worry about it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Golden Applesauce

I still like this idea.

What can I do to make it actually happen?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Hanni

I like this idea too- if it goes ahead can I be counted in please?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on October 27, 2010, 05:35:18 AM
I still like this idea.

What can I do to make it actually happen?

Request the mailing addresses of everyone who wants to participate, then start.

I've been brainstorming quite a bit about this actually... there's a lot of fun possibilities.

I could send one letter out to a random individual on the list of people who send me their addresses, or I could send multiple letters.

If I send multiple letters, they might all be identical copies, or I might make them each slightly different.

I might lie completely about what I'm doing and say I've only sent 3 letters out when I actually sent 4, for the sake of Holy Confusion. And one of them will actually be totally different from the others...

Cainad (dec.)

Alright, the heck with it.

I'm gonna start a new thread in a bit, with some guidelines for the project that I think will be workable.

Cramulus

I LOVE this project

I am not sure that I have the time just yet

can I make a suggestion? that whatever we create using this technique should be bound together into something we can all enjoy.

perhaps everybody in the project can create 1 page and also add to each existing page. If there are 15 people there will be 15 pages.

I suspect that a lot of Discordian texts have been written this way.. cabals passing along materials for the next cabal to collage. If it hasn't been done this way in the past, let's do it in the present & future.

My page will probably be about the Fractal Cult, the working name for my sect of Discordia.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'd definitely participate, btw.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on October 28, 2010, 08:44:19 PM
I LOVE this project

I am not sure that I have the time just yet

can I make a suggestion? that whatever we create using this technique should be bound together into something we can all enjoy.

perhaps everybody in the project can create 1 page and also add to each existing page. If there are 15 people there will be 15 pages.

I suspect that a lot of Discordian texts have been written this way.. cabals passing along materials for the next cabal to collage. If it hasn't been done this way in the past, let's do it in the present & future.

My page will probably be about the Fractal Cult, the working name for my sect of Discordia.

I'm willing to hold off on initiating the project for a week or two; I know I'm swamped as fuck for the next 7 days. Two people have sent me their addresses so far; I'll wait and see who else will work up the courage to send me theirs. Can't do nuffin' until I've got a decent body of addresses to work with!

And I totally agree that the end result should be compiled and bound into something. Since this will probably go through a dozen hands at most, I'm guessing, there's no problem with everyone getting their own page if they want to add a whole page.

Chairman Risus

People might be hesitant over how many people will receive their address.
How do you plan on distributing the addresses? Mass PM?

Maybe you can make a list and everyone only gets the address of the person below them on the list for purposes of sending.
Or
You can send it to person A, they send it back, you send to B, it returns, to C, etc.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Risus on October 29, 2010, 05:06:24 AM
People might be hesitant over how many people will receive their address.
How do you plan on distributing the addresses? Mass PM?

Maybe you can make a list and everyone only gets the address of the person below them on the list for purposes of sending.
Or
You can send it to person A, they send it back, you send to B, it returns, to C, etc.

Mass PM was my original idea, but you're obviously right about people not necessarily wanting to give out their addresses to a whole bunch of people on the internet.

Maybe, instead of PMing the list of addresses I'm given, I'll print them out and include them on a separate sheet of paper to be passed along with the rest of the letter. Would people be more comfortable with that?