Main Menu

Russia- Fucking Hell!

Started by DiscoUkulele, August 09, 2010, 04:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 09, 2010, 06:15:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 06:13:42 PM
Quote from: DiscoUkulele on August 09, 2010, 06:08:57 PM

...I was mocking The Great Bovinity. Look at the rest of the thread. I genuinely don't understand why anyone wouldn't be able to decide if they should think this hilarious or sad.

Because 70+ years of putting up with shitty government and shitting in their own nest has come back to haunt them?

The same could be said about the US.

There's no comparison at all.

There is a difference between "bad" and "apocalyptic".

Are you seriously comparing the US government with the Russian government from Stalin to Kruschev?  Obama to Putin?  New Jersey to HUGE fucking radioactive and/or toxic lakes of sludge in Yakutsk?

For real?
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 06:17:42 PM

...I was mocking The Great Bovinity. Look at the rest of the thread. I genuinely don't understand why anyone wouldn't be able to decide if they should think this hilarious or sad.

Because 70+ years of putting up with shitty government and shitting in their own nest has come back to haunt them?

Are you seriously comparing the US government with the Russian government from Stalin to Kruschev?  Obama to Putin?  New Jersey to HUGE fucking radioactive and/or toxic lakes of sludge in Yakutsk?

For real?

No. I am saying that we have a shitty government and we do nothing about it. I am saying we polluted the hell out of this country. I remember a river in Ohio burning for a long time, for example. How about the desert where we conducted nuclear tests. Or the salt mines where we store nuclear waste? Or Moscow, Idaho where we put all kinds of bad shit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 09, 2010, 06:21:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 06:17:42 PM

For real?

No. I am saying that we have a shitty government and we do nothing about it. I am saying we polluted the hell out of this country. I remember a river in Ohio burning for a long time, for example. How about the desert where we conducted nuclear tests. Or the salt mines where we store nuclear waste? Or Moscow, Idaho where we put all kinds of bad shit.

We have a substandard government.  A SHITTY government would have allowed the environmental practices of the 1890s to continue indefinitely, which would have put us in the same boat as Russia.  Richard Nixon, of all people, put a stop to that once and for all.  And he was elected by the people, right?  When's the last time your air was yellow?  When's the last time you saw those river fires?  You can eat fish out of Lake Erie, now.

The examples you give are bad areas.  If you extended those bad areas to all of America except Nebraska, you'd have Russia.

Demanding a better government is one thing.  Putting the American government on par with the Russians is another.  It's hyperbole, which means it's an exaggeration, which means it isn't the truth.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 06:04:43 PM
Quote from: The Great Bovinity on August 09, 2010, 04:52:00 PM
So, why is this smog so much more poisonous than normal smoke?

Because Russia dipped itself in pollutants for 70+ years.

Also, I'm not sure how much more poisonous this smog is than "normal" smoke, but normal smoke is also pretty poisonous. Especially if you can't go anywhere where it isn't.

It's fucking hot right now in Moskow and a lot of buildings and people do not have airco.

I read about it in the paper this morning, front page always has a huge pic, it was a quite a bit more disconcerting than the one posted ITT.

Apparently they have opened all the public buildings that do have airco, for people that want to get away from the smoke, especially old people.

Also there's a bunch of help centers set up, where people can go if they have problems with the smoke, but the journalist only saw one person there, who kind of apologetically said "well, because it's so warm at home". Apparently it's Russian culture to just suck it up. Literally, in this case.

I did find these pictures on their website, but not the one of Moskow:

http://www.nrcnext.nl/beeld/2010/08/03/bosbranden-nabij-het-stadje-kadanok-in-rusland/
http://www.nrcnext.nl/beeld/2010/08/01/bosbranden-breiden-zich-in-een-rap-tempo-uit-door-aanhoudende-hitte-en-droogte-in-voronezh-500-km-ten-zuiden-van-moskou-rusland/
http://www.nrcnext.nl/beeld/2010/07/29/bosbrand-nabij-de-stad-shatura-in-rusland/

they are pretty awesome pictures. but more like "awesome" in the biblical sense of the word.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Prince Glittersnatch III

So S.T.A.L.K.E.R. might soon be a reality?
Im ok with this.

:lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Xooxe

I know you're talking about the video game, but a handful of the cast and crew of the film made in 1979 ended up dying of cancer a few years after exposure to polluted water on location.

Just to add a bit of waste disposal trivia.

Prince Glittersnatch III

QuoteMOSCOW – Prime Minister Vladimir Putin climbed into a firefighting plane Tuesday and dumped water on two of the hundreds of wildfires sweeping through western Russia and cloaking Moscow in a suffocating smog.

Putin has been a very visible leader in the battle against the fires, which have caused billions of dollars in damage and left thousands homeless in the past two weeks. He has demanded that soldiers help overstretched firefighting brigades and has walked through smoldering villages, consoling residents and promising them new homes by fall.

But with his once sky-high approval ratings dropping — and sociologists warning that discontent could grow as the fires and a severe drought take their toll — Putin has not let up.

He took off Tuesday in a Be-200 firefighting plane and then moved into the copilot's seat. Television footage showed him pushing a button to unleash water on blazing forest fires about 120 miles (200 kilometers) southeast of Moscow.

After hitting the button, Putin glanced toward the pilot and asked, "Was that OK?"

The response: "A direct hit!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100810/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_russia_fires

Goddamn Putins a badass.

I seriously want to move to Russia now.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Kingderp on August 10, 2010, 08:29:51 PM
QuoteMOSCOW – Prime Minister Vladimir Putin climbed into a firefighting plane Tuesday and dumped water on two of the hundreds of wildfires sweeping through western Russia and cloaking Moscow in a suffocating smog.

Putin has been a very visible leader in the battle against the fires, which have caused billions of dollars in damage and left thousands homeless in the past two weeks. He has demanded that soldiers help overstretched firefighting brigades and has walked through smoldering villages, consoling residents and promising them new homes by fall.

But with his once sky-high approval ratings dropping — and sociologists warning that discontent could grow as the fires and a severe drought take their toll — Putin has not let up.

He took off Tuesday in a Be-200 firefighting plane and then moved into the copilot's seat. Television footage showed him pushing a button to unleash water on blazing forest fires about 120 miles (200 kilometers) southeast of Moscow.

After hitting the button, Putin glanced toward the pilot and asked, "Was that OK?"

The response: "A direct hit!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100810/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_russia_fires

Goddamn Putins a badass.

Fixed. But I'll give you that, it's cooler than what our presidents would do.

You don't want to move to Russia. There's a reason why they keep moving to the US, and it ain't to get married to our "eligible bachelors."
Rossiya nye khoroshaya, poyetomu.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 06:12:29 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 09, 2010, 06:08:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 06:06:51 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 09, 2010, 06:05:00 PM
Quote from: The Great Bovinity on August 09, 2010, 06:01:56 PM
I am not sure whether to be amused by the wide spread disaster or sadden by the death toll.

WTF is wrong with you?

I can't answer for him, but I couldn't give a shit less, as my monkeysphere doesn't extend to Russia.

On the other hand, 70 years of their pollution is on its way here.

Then it can mix with 70 years of our pollution.  I think it's a fucking tragedy that so many are dying and suffering.

Our pollution wouldn't even make a splash.

Seriously, Russia is a toxic waste dump, from Moscow to Kamchatka.

And I honestly couldn't give a fuck about the Russians.  This may make me a bad person, but I shall try not to lose any sleep over it.

I have too many things in the direct realm of my existance that take precedence over this. 

Yes, it sucks to be Russian.  But then again, hasn't it always?  If there was any country in the world that should have had it's citizen's revolt and blow up the government, it is Russia.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Khara on August 10, 2010, 09:02:41 PM
I am not sure whether to be amused by the wide spread disaster or sadden by the death toll.

WTF is wrong with you?

I can't answer for him, but I couldn't give a shit less, as my monkeysphere doesn't extend to Russia.

Then it can mix with 70 years of our pollution.  I think it's a fucking tragedy that so many are dying and suffering.

And I honestly couldn't give a fuck about the Russians.  This may make me a bad person, but I shall try not to lose any sleep over it.

I have too many things in the direct realm of my existance that take precedence over this. 

Yes, it sucks to be Russian.  But then again, hasn't it always?  If there was any country in the world that should have had it's citizen's revolt and blow up the government, it is Russia.

Yeah, the Bolshevic revolution worked out so well for them.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Don't forget the more recent coup against Gorbachov and how well that is doing for them.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nawaxo

Well, at least there aren't any forest full of americium from a broken nuclear reactor or something. No wait-

Da6s

Quote from: Kingderp on August 10, 2010, 08:29:51 PM

Goddamn Putins a badass.

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: vexati0n on August 10, 2010, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: Khara on August 10, 2010, 09:02:41 PM

WTF is wrong with you?

Yeah, the Bolshevic revolution worked out so well for them.

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 10, 2010, 09:10:48 PM
Don't forget the more recent coup against Gorbachov and how well that is doing for them.

I'm sorry, I should have said successfully and by using their brains, blow up the government.  As obviously any attempts they may have made have been for shit!

Damn.  The point was, there are way to many fucking people in that country not to be able to stage a successful revolt.  Cain, Dok, many here could have control of that crap country within days if they went over and made the effort.

In any event, I don't care about Russia.....  Yes it is sad, but I can't help them.