News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Modern Mythological Creatures

Started by Cramulus, August 10, 2010, 08:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

no, if you've got more monsters, lemme have em!

Xieante Antitheus

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on November 27, 2010, 09:20:43 PM

Please to note: Those are REAL smallcaps, not computer-generated falsies. Font-nerds will thank you.

Ohhh, haven't seen smallcaps in a while. Nifty find. Great link too. ^.^ I normally just have to cheat.

Awesome FREE font management program...
http://www.brothersoft.com/font-xplorer-8803.html

I am not who you think I am
I am not who I think I am
I am who you think I think I am

Perception & Intent

SOLVE ET COAGULA

Triple Zero

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on November 27, 2010, 09:20:43 PM

Please to note: Those are REAL smallcaps, not computer-generated falsies. Font-nerds will thank you.

I know they're supposed to be distinct glyphs, but how do you tell the difference?

Also kerning between K and I in "KICKASS" seems a littlebit off :-P
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Faked smallcaps look flimsy because they are just capitals that are scaled down. This results in a thinner stroke weight, which at smaller sizes can affect legibility and at larger sizes they look more out of place.

Real smallcaps have a stroke weight that matches the capitals—this way they emphasize text subtly and otherwise allow it to blend into a paragraph of upper and lower case.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bu🤠ns

Canyouhea- These buggers live inside mobile phones and will wait until you have to explain something in great detail and, right in the middle of your diatribe, will disconnect you causing you to keep going on and on unaware that you're talking to nobody. Then you must call the person back and ask THEM to find out where you left off. :argh:

Bu🤠ns

http://imgur.com/gallery/Zdrtl

Demons of mental illness illustrated as real monsters

That link isn't THAT relevant to this thread, but I figure it could use a bump anyway :)

Doktor Howl

Yarganarg:  A Boojum that causes otherwise rational people to send a washcloth through the garbage disposal or turn the thermostat to 35F when it's 117F outside (resulting in Titanic-killing icebergs on the roof).  The Yarganarg doesn't DO these things, he makes YOU do them.
Molon Lube

Capeditiea

Quote from: Bu☆ns on December 04, 2010, 03:40:28 AM
Canyouhea- These buggers live inside mobile phones and will wait until you have to explain something in great detail and, right in the middle of your diatribe, will disconnect you causing you to keep going on and on unaware that you're talking to nobody. Then you must call the person back and ask THEM to find out where you left off. :argh:

:O i misread that as my name... :O
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.