News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

New guy - lost

Started by LordOfganza, August 11, 2010, 03:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordOfganza

Good evening to all of you!
I am from the exotic and amazing (caugh cough) country of Brazil (yay) and my name is Lord Nigel Omar Ofganza.
I've been reading about discordia and erisianinsm and a bunch of other crazy stuff for quite some time now. Besides the Principia and the Black Iron Prison I have wondered through some other discordian havens and read some texts written by people who attend this forum, like Prof Cramulus (amazing stuff btw) and some others.
The thing is that, although the discordian community of far from being huge, there is an awful lot of material to read, and in this forum there are some topics with more than 30 pages of discussion (O.o).
I was wondering if you people who have been reading and posting stuff here could point me to some of the most interesting discussions.With that I wouln'd be so far from the track of what has already been discussed and also would be a bit less lost amidst all of this.
I also would like to know what projects (gasm projects or whatever) are currently really wornking and need help and how I could maybe lend a hand. Anyway, any information here would be nice :mrgreen:
PS: Sorry for creating a new topic just for this but I couldn't find some other topic for introducing and this sort of thing.

yeah
"You know that in Africa they have animals they call monkeys..."
"So?'
"Nothing"
The Seventh Seal - Ingmar Bergman
<Yes, same signature after 4 years. What can I say, I'm traditional>

Telarus

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on August 10, 2010, 04:58:30 AM
Faust put together a sweet reading/resource list.  Thought you might enjoy it as much as I did.  http://www.principiadiscordia.com/list.html

That came from the Introductions thread, stickied at the top of this forum.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Must read:

Apple Talk-
FUCKING ORANGE EATING CONTEST!!

President Television

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on August 11, 2010, 04:14:06 AM
Must read:

Apple Talk-
FUCKING ORANGE EATING CONTEST!!

THIS. FUCKING ORANGES are fundamental.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Akara

i can't imagine fucking any fruit is terribly pleasant, much less oranges... however i'm sure there's worse. like pineapple...
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Akara

on topic, however: some of my fave reading is in the rants. operation mindfuck is a great place for projects. Threads here tend to balloon, and i tend to read entire threads, so i'll often have one browser tab for a monstrous thread for continued reading, and another for updating on more current threads and posting. works well for me. have fun, this is my favorite forum ever to read through threads on.

Adios

Akara

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 11, 2010, 05:34:02 AM
Lurk a little.

or a lot... altho i suppose what with charley brown being immortal and all, my lot is probably your little.  :)

Adios

Quote from: Akara on August 11, 2010, 05:36:26 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 11, 2010, 05:34:02 AM
Lurk a little.

or a lot... altho i suppose what with charley brown being immortal and all, my lot is probably your little.  :)

:lulz:

LordOfganza

Wow, thanks guys. it is really amazing how so many people answer in so little time! This forum is probably the liveliest forum of all times (and i've been in a few).
Read the five principles and the Fucking Orange already. I am sure that while I was reading them it felt like some of the best time spent ever. I am now looking at THE list...fucking huge for a list of "selections" but that shows that a lot of great stuff gets discused here. i'll do my best to read it all.
I would also like to appologize for my stupidity. I asked for help because I was a noob without noticing that there was a BIG post for noobs as a sticky and the same happened with the introductions post. I guess I should introduce myself there before doing anything else.
Thanks for all the help !

"You know that in Africa they have animals they call monkeys..."
"So?'
"Nothing"
The Seventh Seal - Ingmar Bergman
<Yes, same signature after 4 years. What can I say, I'm traditional>

President Television

Quote from: LordOfganza on August 11, 2010, 05:41:33 AM
Wow, thanks guys. it is really amazing how so many people answer in so little time! This forum is probably the liveliest forum of all times (and i've been in a few).
Read the five principles and the Fucking Orange already. I am sure that while I was reading them it felt like some of the best time spent ever. I am now looking at THE list...fucking huge for a list of "selections" but that shows that a lot of great stuff gets discused here. i'll do my best to read it all.
I would also like to appologize for my stupidity. I asked for help because I was a noob without noticing that there was a BIG post for noobs as a sticky and the same happened with the introductions post. I guess I should introduce myself there before doing anything else.
Thanks for all the help !

It's not stupidity. Don't sweat it. You're alright.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Akara

sometimes getting started on a forum is a lot like learning a new language, specially one this big...

Adios

Relax, so far you're off to a good start. Just, please, for the love of 'Bob', don't go all pineal on us.

Cuddlefish

My initial response to to the topic title was "Fucking christ, more no0bz?!"

But, Ganza, well...hasn't done anything stupid... Go figure.

Anyhow, check this out if you haven't yet. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=25977.0

Should keep you occupied for a few minutes.

Oh, and welcome.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 11, 2010, 05:46:05 AM
Relax, so far you're off to a good start. Just, please, for the love of 'Bob', don't go all pineal on us.

It's spelled "Bob."   :roll:
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.