News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Psychedelics question

Started by Dalek, August 13, 2010, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on August 13, 2010, 05:27:19 PM

I can drink much much more, and have a great time doing it, but I'm trying to stop that.

Then change something.

When I moved to Arizona, I quit drinking, because dehydration became a real concern.  I never looked back.  If you find yourself looking back, then you have an actual problem and it's very important to stop.

On the other hand, I've been trying to quit smoking for years, with no success.

And I have a great love of cactus, because it makes me crazy as hell, in a way that I enjoy.  I don't recommend this to anyone.  That's hippocritical, sure, given my response to the OP, but three points should be considered:

1.  I'm a horrible old man, and I don't particularly care about the condition I'm in.  

2.  I become more horrible if I don't occasionally stomp my brains flat with various things, some chemical, most not.

3.  If you young bastards do cactus, the price will go up, and the supply will go down, and that will make me very upset.

Don't do drugs, kids.  Give them to Dok.
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

I've extensive experience in psychedelics, so maybe I can offer some advice.

people's reaction to Psychedelics can vary greatly, but with a little planning, you can basically control your own reaction and trip, completely avoiding the 'bad trip' you'll hear some people talk of.  In over 15 years of tripping, close to a hundred trips, I've never once had a bad trip, and that's because I plan my trip in advance and don't deviate from the plan.  Plan on tripping this evening actually.  =]

LSD, if you can find it, is an excellent way to trip. It's my drug of choice for reasons I'll go into in a bit.  It can be rather scarce depending on where you live.  Ever since they busted those guys in that abandoned missile silo, it's become harder and harder to come by.  Unless you're near a Phish concert that is.  Strength of dosage can also widely vary in blotter.  I haven't found any within the last 2 years that was worth the going price ($10) compared to say.. mushrooms.  In general, if it's properly dosed, LSD provides a good, clean, hard trip with good visuals, auditory and other sensory effects.

Mushrooms provide a similar trip to LSD, but if you're eating them raw, you control your own dosage.  This can be an advantage if you're inexperienced with psychedelics and want to get a taste of a trip without the full on, white knuckling the couch kind of trip you may get with overdosed LSD.  I recommend them highly and this is my usual method of tripping due to the scarcity of LSD in my neck of the woods.

MDMA or Ecstasy is a very strong Methamphetamine which acts like a very strong SSRI, flooding your brain with serotonin for several hours before sucking it back up.  Personally, I like the drugs effects, but avoid it due to the hard crash and addiction risk associated with amphetamine.  Also, it can permanently alter your brain chemistry, and with the shit you buy on the street, you really never know what it's been cut with, sometimes heroin or cocaine, or laxative..  On the plus side, it provides the most pleasant sensory enhancement of the three, and it's nearly impossible to not enjoy yourself on it.  Still, with the crash at the end, I avoid it these days.

The Planning Stage:

First, whichever you do, you need to set aside at least a 12-16 hour block of time that will not be interrupted by work or appointments, things of that nature.  While emergencies can always happen, it helps to schedule as much as you can around your 12-16 hour block of time and don't deviate.  Depending on your drug and dose, you'll be gone for several hours,  and you'll want to give yourself as close to 8 hours sleep afterward as you can.

Second, for the 24 hours before you trip, eat a strong breakfast.  Something along the lines of bacon, eggs, grits, toast, glass of milk and orange juice.  Hit all of the food groups.  lunch is your choice, but I generally go for just a sandwhich: meat, lettuce, onion, cheese, glass of juice.  Again, hit all your food groups.  For dinner I generally go for something high in carbs like a pasta.  I'm partial to white sauce, but eat what you like of course.  On the day of, depending on what time of the day you're planning to trip, I advise eating very light and abstaining from food at least 6 hours before your trip and drinking juice or water only.  And don't over do it on the juice..  anything you've heard about Orange Juice making your trip harder is a lot of bullshit, though niacin or vitamin c pills are ok.  Buy some multivitamins and take one before and after your trip.  Buy at least a gallon of water for yourself and keep it near by, preferably cold.  Stay hydrated throughout the trip and drink only water or juice.  No alcohol.

Make sure you get a solid 8 hours sleep the day before your trip, this will ensure your mind and body has plenty of rest leading up to the ride you're about to give it.  

If it's your first trip, I recommend a babysitter.  Someone you know and trust and have no friction with at all. Preferably someone who enjoys listening to other people, as you'll likely be talking your head off at times. It's better that this babysitter is experienced with the drug, and they can even ride with you, but if not, I recommend they're sober.  They don't have to watch you the entire time, but just be within shouting distance should you need someone.  This ensures your safety, both physical and mental, and gives you the benefit of having someone to talk to about your experience.  I strongly advise you to avoid group trips for your first few times as people are much more unpredictable in group trips and any negative vibes or thoughts become highly contagious and viral.  I prefer to trip alone, but will add a friend or two on occasion, and ONLY these particular friends because I know how they'll react to the drug and there will never be any problems that arise.

Setting: your house if possible.  If not, then a close friends.  If you're underage, I really don't advise doing drugs at all. (even though I did enough acid to fill a drum barrel by the time I was 18)  That's not me being hypocritical, it's speaking as a much more responsible adult than I was a teenager.  But if you are underage and living with the folks and decide to go ahead with it, here's my advice: don't do it when they're around if at all possible.  You will NOT be able to play it off. The fact that you're tripping will be seeping from your pores, and your parents are not stupid.  It's even highly likely they've done it in their youth.  If they're in the house with you, avoid them completely.  If you have a run in with them, act as natural as possible, keep your answers and statements short and don't arouse suspicion.  Keep a book or video game handy and tell them it's really good and you want to get back to it quickly.   Do not leave the house alone, and if you do leave the house, have a destination and get there quickly and stay awhile.  This place should be private and quiet.  AVOID THE PUBLIC AT ALL COSTS.  I cannot stress this enough.  If you need to purchase anything from a store, do it before you start tripping.  Avoid grocery stores and crowded parks, etc.  When you're out, don't draw attention to yourself by doing stupid shit.  you know exactly what I mean.  Stay out of the woods if you're near woods.  The beach, if you're near one, is one of the best places to trip but don't go in the water alone.  NO DRIVING to your destination unless the driver is sober.  This should go without saying, but I'd feel irresponsible not saying it.

You should have your music and entertainment loosely planned in advance.  Depending on your tastes, I recommend electronic music for the auditory effects it enhances.  Avoid metal and songs with negative lyrics.  I prefer melodic trance with female vocalists along the lines of Paul van Dyk, Matt Darey and BT, but listen to what you already enjoy when you're sober.  Songs that bring back good memories are an excellent choice.  Avoid songs that remind you of old girlfriends or relationships that ended badly.

For movies, I go with animations or comedies.  I'm partial to classic American animations like The Secret of Nimh or Watership Down, but I know there's a lot of good manga floating around.  Avoid horror/suspense movies and action movies although, The Matrix, already a good trip when you're sober, is an excellent trippin movie.  After you're experienced with the effects of the drug and your reaction to it, you can expand what you put in your ears and eyes to other areas if you're adventurous.  Comedies are great and I highly recommend them.  The last time I tripped with my friends, we stayed in and watched Airplane, Airplane II and Anchorman.  We laughed for nearly the entire trip.

Mood:  Music, movies, setting and company all play an important role in setting the mood of your trip.  Chosen wisely, they virtually guarantee a good experience.  Before you take your drug, tell yourself this important fact: once this is in my stomach, there's no taking it back, no puking it up, no sobering up..  it's a one way trip and you're going to be there for at least 4 - 6 hours.  Go into it with that in mind and you'll be fine.  It's always possible for something negative to occur that intrudes on your trip and your thoughts.  If this occurs, get out of the situation as quickly as possible and back to your home base.  Home base is where you can go to get away from anything, restock on supplies (though you should take water with you everywhere) and chill out without any outside interference.  It should be a place where you can give yourself complete sensory deprivation should you need it, where you control the lighting and noise level.  If you have a depressive streak or anger issues, and they start to creep into your trip, the best thing to do is to consciously acknowledge that it's happening and to immediately do something to counteract it.  If it's another person that's bringing this on, get away from the person.  Remember, you control what you think and do, not the drug.  It's possible on doses of LSD or mushrooms for your thoughts to get into what I call a "mind loop" where you hear or think the same thing over and over again.  This should not alarm you unless the thought or sound is a negative one, in which case you should immediately change your setting to counteract your own thought process and turn it into a better one.

Always remember that YOU control your trip, the trip does not control you.  Master this and you'll enjoy it every time.

LSD:

dose: in the micrograms and lower.  while you can't control how blotter paper is dosed unless you happen to be making it yourself (and if you are, we should talk in private =]) if it's liquid you find, I advise caution in dosing it.  While you can't OD on LSD, you can give yourself a dose that extends the duration to longer than you planned and or cause your stomach and bowels to revolt on you, meaning you'll void your stomach once or twice, and have the shits for a little while.  

onset: 45 minutes to an hour, with heavy peaking at about an hour and a half.

duration: anywhere from 4 - 8 hours depending on the dose.  peaking generally ends after 2 - 2 1/2 hours and it's a gradual, steady trip after that, ending gradually with a feeling of being tired.  

effects: LSD forces certain of your bodies systems into overdrive and shuts turns the others down to compensate.  Your eyes will be forcibly dilated, allowing in much more light than you're brain is used to.  This is what causes the blurring and trails you'll see.  I prefer heavy visuals in my trip, and this is why I'm often at the beach as the constant changes in the way the water moves are quite hypnotizing.

your sense of hearing will be enhanced, or seem to be.  It's not unusual to have auditory hallucinations which are really just your ears picking up slight sounds that you would otherwise tune out as white noise.

your sense of touch will be enhanced and I find having something to keep my hands busy is cool.  Something along the lines of a stress ball or ball of silly putty.

you will sweat unless you're keeping the AC cranked up.  This is the reason for the water.  Change your clothes if they become uncomfortable and I usually wear shorts, sandals and a light tshirt, with a pair of linen pants to wear to bed toward the end of the trip. Be comfortable, just expect your sweat glands to go into overdrive as your body attempts to sweat out the drug.

In general, your renal system will go dormant.  I find I almost never have to urinate except maybe once if I've been drinking a lot of water.  It's possible to get something called "The Acid Shits" and acid farts are common, but if you have to void, it's generally only once close to when you start peaking.  This is actually a good thing and is why I advise eating light.  Once you're bowels are empty, you should be good for the remainder of the trip.

You probably wont be able to get an erection on acid, though I've done it twice before with heavy stimulation.  But even if you can't sex with someone also on acid can be really fuckin cool and I highly recommend it.  Don't let the drug make you stupid and careless though, and wrap that shit before you tap that shit.

Risks: Besides what I've mentioned above, there's generally no risk of addiction either physical or psychological to LSD.  Immediately after taking it, your brain builds up an immense tolerance to the drug meaning that if you tripped today, and wanted to trip tomorrow, you would have to triple or quadruple the dose and it wouldn't still be as strong a trip as yesterdays.  This lasts approximately 24-48 hours.  Your body doesn't WANT to trip again immediately after, and the amount of sleep it needs from being overtaxed and the high tolerance it builds means you'll never become physically addicted where you're taking it day after day.  If you enjoy it, of course do it as often as time allows, but I've never met an acid junkie in my life.  The psychological effects are so strong, you'll never become addicted to it this way either.  There's no way you'll want to walk around all the time with your brain in overdrive, even if you could.

Mushrooms:

dose: 2 caps and two stems is usually enough to give me a good 4 hour trip.  Sometimes I'll double up on it for a more intense visual effect.  The choice is yours, but if you don't feel it's strong enough after the first hour, feel free to eat more.  As with LSD, you can't really overdose on them, but you can upset your stomach and cause your body to go into revolt to rid itself of the drug.  You'll find yourself with your head in the toilet once or twice in this case, but that's about it.  If you buy chocolates or some other concoction, you're pretty much taking whatever the cook put it, but I've never had a chocolate I didn't like.

onset: usually faster than LSD, with tripping around 30 minutes and hard peaking at an hour to an hour and a half.

duration: 4-5 hours depending on your dose.  Ive had mushrooms that were done in 4 hours and back to reality.

effects: pretty much the same as LSD, but I find I tend to laugh more on mushrooms.  

MDMA:

dose: one pill will do it. I don't recommend more than that.

onset: 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

duration: 6-8 hours, with heavy peaking after the first hour.  The comedown is steady until a point and then sharply drops when your brain sucks all that serotonin and dopamine back up.

Effects: MDMA isn't called the love drug for nothing.  It also forcibly dilates your pupils and especially enhances your sense of touch taste, and smell.  You'll want to have chewing gum handy to keep you from grinding your teeth and I like to have a variety of candies handy usually.  Sex on X is also amazing.

Risks: Heavy risk of both physical and psychological addiction. Methamphetamine is a dangerous drug and should not be used lightly.  If you can't moderate your own behavior in regards to it, I recommend never taking it again.

Whew, that was long winded, wasn't it?

as to risks of Schizophrenia: I'd say they're minimal if your plan it well.  Stories you hear about people going on a trip and never coming back are almost always about people who had half the lights out and one foot out the door anyway, and who probably didn't plan their trip and had something bad happen to them while they were in a mind loop and couldn't get out of it.

In summation: Plan it and plan it well, be safe, and have fun.  Tripping is all about fun and should include lots of laughter.

and remember always this one thing that really applies to anything you do in life: If you do it in moderation, you can do anything you like.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

BadBeast

Quote from: Dr. Vrtig0 on August 13, 2010, 05:54:57 PM
I've extensive experience in psychedelics, so maybe I can offer some advice.

people's reaction to Psychedelics can vary greatly, but with a little planning, you can basically control your own reaction and trip, completely avoiding the 'bad trip' you'll hear some people talk of.  In over 15 years of tripping, close to a hundred trips, I've never once had a bad trip, and that's because I plan my trip in advance and don't deviate from the plan.  Plan on tripping this evening actually.  =]

LSD, if you can find it, is an excellent way to trip. It's my drug of choice for reasons I'll go into in a bit.  It can be rather scarce depending on where you live.  Ever since they busted those guys in that abandoned missile silo, it's become harder and harder to come by.  Unless you're near a Phish concert that is.  Strength of dosage can also widely vary in blotter.  I haven't found any within the last 2 years that was worth the going price ($10) compared to say.. mushrooms.  In general, if it's properly dosed, LSD provides a good, clean, hard trip with good visuals, auditory and other sensory effects.

Mushrooms provide a similar trip to LSD, but if you're eating them raw, you control your own dosage.  This can be an advantage if you're inexperienced with psychedelics and want to get a taste of a trip without the full on, white knuckling the couch kind of trip you may get with overdosed LSD.  I recommend them highly and this is my usual method of tripping due to the scarcity of LSD in my neck of the woods.

MDMA or Ecstasy is a very strong Methamphetamine which acts like a very strong SSRI, flooding your brain with serotonin for several hours before sucking it back up.  Personally, I like the drugs effects, but avoid it due to the hard crash and addiction risk associated with amphetamine.  Also, it can permanently alter your brain chemistry, and with the shit you buy on the street, you really never know what it's been cut with, sometimes heroin or cocaine, or laxative..  On the plus side, it provides the most pleasant sensory enhancement of the three, and it's nearly impossible to not enjoy yourself on it.  Still, with the crash at the end, I avoid it these days.

The Planning Stage:

First, whichever you do, you need to set aside at least a 12-16 hour block of time that will not be interrupted by work or appointments, things of that nature.  While emergencies can always happen, it helps to schedule as much as you can around your 12-16 hour block of time and don't deviate.  Depending on your drug and dose, you'll be gone for several hours,  and you'll want to give yourself as close to 8 hours sleep afterward as you can.

Second, for the 24 hours before you trip, eat a strong breakfast.  Something along the lines of bacon, eggs, grits, toast, glass of milk and orange juice.  Hit all of the food groups.  lunch is your choice, but I generally go for just a sandwhich: meat, lettuce, onion, cheese, glass of juice.  Again, hit all your food groups.  For dinner I generally go for something high in carbs like a pasta.  I'm partial to white sauce, but eat what you like of course.  On the day of, depending on what time of the day you're planning to trip, I advise eating very light and abstaining from food at least 6 hours before your trip and drinking juice or water only.  And don't over do it on the juice..  anything you've heard about Orange Juice making your trip harder is a lot of bullshit, though niacin or vitamin c pills are ok.  Buy some multivitamins and take one before and after your trip.  Buy at least a gallon of water for yourself and keep it near by, preferably cold.  Stay hydrated throughout the trip and drink only water or juice.  No alcohol.

Make sure you get a solid 8 hours sleep the day before your trip, this will ensure your mind and body has plenty of rest leading up to the ride you're about to give it. 

If it's your first trip, I recommend a babysitter.  Someone you know and trust and have no friction with at all. Preferably someone who enjoys listening to other people, as you'll likely be talking your head off at times. It's better that this babysitter is experienced with the drug, and they can even ride with you, but if not, I recommend they're sober.  They don't have to watch you the entire time, but just be within shouting distance should you need someone.  This ensures your safety, both physical and mental, and gives you the benefit of having someone to talk to about your experience.  I strongly advise you to avoid group trips for your first few times as people are much more unpredictable in group trips and any negative vibes or thoughts become highly contagious and viral.  I prefer to trip alone, but will add a friend or two on occasion, and ONLY these particular friends because I know how they'll react to the drug and there will never be any problems that arise.

Setting: your house if possible.  If not, then a close friends.  If you're underage, I really don't advise doing drugs at all. (even though I did enough acid to fill a drum barrel by the time I was 18)  That's not me being hypocritical, it's speaking as a much more responsible adult than I was a teenager.  But if you are underage and living with the folks and decide to go ahead with it, here's my advice: don't do it when they're around if at all possible.  You will NOT be able to play it off. The fact that you're tripping will be seeping from your pores, and your parents are not stupid.  It's even highly likely they've done it in their youth.  If they're in the house with you, avoid them completely.  If you have a run in with them, act as natural as possible, keep your answers and statements short and don't arouse suspicion.  Keep a book or video game handy and tell them it's really good and you want to get back to it quickly.   Do not leave the house alone, and if you do leave the house, have a destination and get there quickly and stay awhile.  This place should be private and quiet.  AVOID THE PUBLIC AT ALL COSTS.  I cannot stress this enough.  If you need to purchase anything from a store, do it before you start tripping.  Avoid grocery stores and crowded parks, etc.  When you're out, don't draw attention to yourself by doing stupid shit.  you know exactly what I mean.  Stay out of the woods if you're near woods.  The beach, if you're near one, is one of the best places to trip but don't go in the water alone.  NO DRIVING to your destination unless the driver is sober.  This should go without saying, but I'd feel irresponsible not saying it.

You should have your music and entertainment loosely planned in advance.  Depending on your tastes, I recommend electronic music for the auditory effects it enhances.  Avoid metal and songs with negative lyrics.  I prefer melodic trance with female vocalists along the lines of Paul van Dyk, Matt Darey and BT, but listen to what you already enjoy when you're sober.  Songs that bring back good memories are an excellent choice.  Avoid songs that remind you of old girlfriends or relationships that ended badly.

For movies, I go with animations or comedies.  I'm partial to classic American animations like The Secret of Nimh or Watership Down, but I know there's a lot of good manga floating around.  Avoid horror/suspense movies and action movies although, The Matrix, already a good trip when you're sober, is an excellent trippin movie.  After you're experienced with the effects of the drug and your reaction to it, you can expand what you put in your ears and eyes to other areas if you're adventurous.  Comedies are great and I highly recommend them.  The last time I tripped with my friends, we stayed in and watched Airplane, Airplane II and Anchorman.  We laughed for nearly the entire trip.

Mood:  Music, movies, setting and company all play an important role in setting the mood of your trip.  Chosen wisely, they virtually guarantee a good experience.  Before you take your drug, tell yourself this important fact: once this is in my stomach, there's no taking it back, no puking it up, no sobering up..  it's a one way trip and you're going to be there for at least 4 - 6 hours.  Go into it with that in mind and you'll be fine.  It's always possible for something negative to occur that intrudes on your trip and your thoughts.  If this occurs, get out of the situation as quickly as possible and back to your home base.  Home base is where you can go to get away from anything, restock on supplies (though you should take water with you everywhere) and chill out without any outside interference.  It should be a place where you can give yourself complete sensory deprivation should you need it, where you control the lighting and noise level.  If you have a depressive streak or anger issues, and they start to creep into your trip, the best thing to do is to consciously acknowledge that it's happening and to immediately do something to counteract it.  If it's another person that's bringing this on, get away from the person.  Remember, you control what you think and do, not the drug.  It's possible on doses of LSD or mushrooms for your thoughts to get into what I call a "mind loop" where you hear or think the same thing over and over again.  This should not alarm you unless the thought or sound is a negative one, in which case you should immediately change your setting to counteract your own thought process and turn it into a better one.

Always remember that YOU control your trip, the trip does not control you.  Master this and you'll enjoy it every time.

LSD:

dose: in the micrograms and lower.  while you can't control how blotter paper is dosed unless you happen to be making it yourself (and if you are, we should talk in private =]) if it's liquid you find, I advise caution in dosing it.  While you can't OD on LSD, you can give yourself a dose that extends the duration to longer than you planned and or cause your stomach and bowels to revolt on you, meaning you'll void your stomach once or twice, and have the shits for a little while. 

onset: 45 minutes to an hour, with heavy peaking at about an hour and a half.

duration: anywhere from 4 - 8 hours depending on the dose.  peaking generally ends after 2 - 2 1/2 hours and it's a gradual, steady trip after that, ending gradually with a feeling of being tired. 

effects: LSD forces certain of your bodies systems into overdrive and shuts turns the others down to compensate.  Your eyes will be forcibly dilated, allowing in much more light than you're brain is used to.  This is what causes the blurring and trails you'll see.  I prefer heavy visuals in my trip, and this is why I'm often at the beach as the constant changes in the way the water moves are quite hypnotizing.

your sense of hearing will be enhanced, or seem to be.  It's not unusual to have auditory hallucinations which are really just your ears picking up slight sounds that you would otherwise tune out as white noise.

your sense of touch will be enhanced and I find having something to keep my hands busy is cool.  Something along the lines of a stress ball or ball of silly putty.

you will sweat unless you're keeping the AC cranked up.  This is the reason for the water.  Change your clothes if they become uncomfortable and I usually wear shorts, sandals and a light tshirt, with a pair of linen pants to wear to bed toward the end of the trip. Be comfortable, just expect your sweat glands to go into overdrive as your body attempts to sweat out the drug.

In general, your renal system will go dormant.  I find I almost never have to urinate except maybe once if I've been drinking a lot of water.  It's possible to get something called "The Acid Shits" and acid farts are common, but if you have to void, it's generally only once close to when you start peaking.  This is actually a good thing and is why I advise eating light.  Once you're bowels are empty, you should be good for the remainder of the trip.

You probably wont be able to get an erection on acid, though I've done it twice before with heavy stimulation.  But even if you can't sex with someone also on acid can be really fuckin cool and I highly recommend it.  Don't let the drug make you stupid and careless though, and wrap that shit before you tap that shit.

Risks: Besides what I've mentioned above, there's generally no risk of addiction either physical or psychological to LSD.  Immediately after taking it, your brain builds up an immense tolerance to the drug meaning that if you tripped today, and wanted to trip tomorrow, you would have to triple or quadruple the dose and it wouldn't still be as strong a trip as yesterdays.  This lasts approximately 24-48 hours.  Your body doesn't WANT to trip again immediately after, and the amount of sleep it needs from being overtaxed and the high tolerance it builds means you'll never become physically addicted where you're taking it day after day.  If you enjoy it, of course do it as often as time allows, but I've never met an acid junkie in my life.  The psychological effects are so strong, you'll never become addicted to it this way either.  There's no way you'll want to walk around all the time with your brain in overdrive, even if you could.

Mushrooms:

dose: 2 caps and two stems is usually enough to give me a good 4 hour trip.  Sometimes I'll double up on it for a more intense visual effect.  The choice is yours, but if you don't feel it's strong enough after the first hour, feel free to eat more.  As with LSD, you can't really overdose on them, but you can upset your stomach and cause your body to go into revolt to rid itself of the drug.  You'll find yourself with your head in the toilet once or twice in this case, but that's about it.  If you buy chocolates or some other concoction, you're pretty much taking whatever the cook put it, but I've never had a chocolate I didn't like.

onset: usually faster than LSD, with tripping around 30 minutes and hard peaking at an hour to an hour and a half.

duration: 4-5 hours depending on your dose.  Ive had mushrooms that were done in 4 hours and back to reality.

effects: pretty much the same as LSD, but I find I tend to laugh more on mushrooms. 

MDMA:

dose: one pill will do it. I don't recommend more than that.

onset: 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

duration: 6-8 hours, with heavy peaking after the first hour.  The comedown is steady until a point and then sharply drops when your brain sucks all that serotonin and dopamine back up.

Effects: MDMA isn't called the love drug for nothing.  It also forcibly dilates your pupils and especially enhances your sense of touch taste, and smell.  You'll want to have chewing gum handy to keep you from grinding your teeth and I like to have a variety of candies handy usually.  Sex on X is also amazing.

Risks: Heavy risk of both physical and psychological addiction. Methamphetamine is a dangerous drug and should not be used lightly.  If you can't moderate your own behavior in regards to it, I recommend never taking it again.

Whew, that was long winded, wasn't it?

as to risks of Schizophrenia: I'd say they're minimal if your plan it well.  Stories you hear about people going on a trip and never coming back are almost always about people who had half the lights out and one foot out the door anyway, and who probably didn't plan their trip and had something bad happen to them while they were in a mind loop and couldn't get out of it.

In summation: Plan it and plan it well, be safe, and have fun.  Tripping is all about fun and should include lots of laughter.

and remember always this one thing that really applies to anything you do in life: If you do it in moderation, you can do anything you like.
Hippy!

You forgot to mention The Fear™. It's not fair not to mention The Fear™.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Disco Pickle

QuoteHippy!

not a hippy, skippy..  just a libertarian who enjoys his psychedelics.  and what's The Fear™?
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

AFK

Quote from: Dr. Vrtig0 on August 13, 2010, 05:54:57 PM
Risks: Heavy risk of both physical and psychological addiction. Methamphetamine is a dangerous drug and should not be used lightly.  If you can't moderate your own behavior in regards to it, I recommend never taking it again.

Methamphetamine is a dangerous drug and should not be used, ever. 

Quoteas to risks of Schizophrenia: I'd say they're minimal if your plan it well.  Stories you hear about people going on a trip and never coming back are almost always about people who had half the lights out and one foot out the door anyway, and who probably didn't plan their trip and had something bad happen to them while they were in a mind loop and couldn't get out of it.

Given his family history I think what you are suggesting and advising would pose significant risk. 

Quoteand remember always this one thing that really applies to anything you do in life: If you do it in moderation, you can do anything you like.

No, when it comes to drugs I don't think this is true at all.  There are drugs that can be lethal or cause significant damage upon the first use.  Especially when a drug is combined with alcohol.  Sure, moderation with alcohol is feasible when you are an adult, but I would argue that with a drug like meth, there is no such thing as safe moderate use. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 13, 2010, 05:51:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on August 13, 2010, 05:27:19 PM

I can drink much much more, and have a great time doing it, but I'm trying to stop that.

Then change something.

When I moved to Arizona, I quit drinking, because dehydration became a real concern.  I never looked back.  If you find yourself looking back, then you have an actual problem and it's very important to stop.

Ach, it's not the drink I miss, it's the scumbags and assholes I used to drink with.

The social (in the very loosest sense of the word) element of Scottish pub culture. I've always been able to sit and enjoy even just a glass of water in the right crowd.

Disco Pickle

QuoteGiven his family history I think what you are suggesting and advising would pose significant risk.  

I understand your position, and even respect it given your field of work.

I wasn't suggesting to him to do it, I was giving advice should he, after thinking it over, decide to do it.  Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

DON'T DO DRUGS!!  you can live a perfectly fun and enjoyable life without ever putting a chemical in your body.

but if you do: do it safely and with full knowledge of the risks involved.

Is that better?   :D

trippinprincezz13

To add a bit on the subject on MDMA, disregarding what it could be cut with for a moment, a lot of the brain damage, etc. comes from the fact that a lot of people are like "Holy Shit! This awesome! Imma take 5 hits a night for a week straight!!!!" Ecstasy depletes the serotonin in your brain, which can take up to 2 weeks to replenish. Taking it every night is over-working and depleting the serotonin levels before they can fully replenish, which can lead to depression and other brain damage. So taking it more that once every 2 weeks is a big no-no if you're not trying to ruin your brain. Taking 5-HTP before and for a few days after taking MDMA helps avoid the whole "suicide Tuesday" feelings. That, and magnesium helps with the jaw clenching while you're on it.

As for trusting it, you really never know, so I try not to take it (not that I do all that often as it is) unless it's coming from a trusted source and/or I know someone that already did take it. There is also an online database of pills that people have sent to have tested for the chemical make-up. I believe they're back up and running too, though there's no guarantee that EVERY pill being passed off as MDMA is on there. So far, between these two methods, haven't been steered wrong - "worst" I've gotten was something that was mostly speed.  But you're not always going to have your handy-dandy computer or someone who's taken it with you, so it is a take-at-your-own-risk situation then.

What can I say, hallucinogens and MDMA are fun. They aren't NECESSARY for fun, but in the right setting with the right precautions, you can have a really fun time, much as I did at a giant hippie festival in CT a few weekends ago.  BUT, I can't really recommend hallucinogens to someone with a background/potential background in schizophrenia or other serious underlying mental health problems. MDMA, maybe, but hallucinogens when there's a chance of schizophrenia don't seem to be worth the potential risk.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on August 13, 2010, 06:27:34 PM

What can I say, hallucinogens and MDMA are fun.

No.  They're daytime TV for the brain. 
Molon Lube

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Dr. Vrtig0 on August 13, 2010, 06:07:27 PM
QuoteHippy!

not a hippy, skippy..  just a libertarian who enjoys his psychedelics.  and what's The Fear™?

What self-respecting hippie hasnt read Fear and Loathing,
or atleast seen the movie for the love of God.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Disco Pickle

QuoteWhat self-respecting hippie hasnt read Fear and Loathing,

Of course I'm a HST fan..  just didn't get your reference.

damn shame the way he decided to leave the planet.   :sad:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. Vrtig0 on August 13, 2010, 07:17:55 PM
QuoteWhat self-respecting hippie hasnt read Fear and Loathing,

Of course I'm a HST fan..  just didn't get your reference.

damn shame the way he decided to leave the planet.   :sad:

If your spine was crumbling to powder, you might do the same thing.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

The Fear™ has a different face for everyone, but it is unmistakeable when it hits you. Something starts to creep in around the edges of your Trip, then takes it over, hits you like a steamroller, and leaves you in a place where everything is decaying, and the air has a different, greasy feel to it.

There is a lingering, all pervading smell, a little like an electrical fire, but as familiar as your own sweat. It instills a nagging feeling of extremely close danger, but never quite close enough to give you anything to work with. The quality of the light is all fucked up, the colours seem to be very flat, and thin, except for the blues, which seem to be alive and somehow have a livid violet blue/black harmonic that makes you think of the edges of a deep, badly infected wound.

You can't tell if the air is full of invisible, choking, smoke, and you feel the beginnings of a panic fluttering in your chest. You are suddenly struck by the idea that there is something very, very wrong. You stop what you are doing, and start a mental check to see if you are functioning properly. You are aware of every autonomous function, breathing, heartbeat, bloodflow, etc, and you feel as if you must somehow transfer the control to your foremind, because if you let them go back to automatic, you are likely to forget to keep them going, and die from a lazy heart, or forgetting you need to breath, and asphyxiating.

You take three or four really deep breathes in quick succesion anyway, just in case you had to, but this makes the blood rush in your ears, and your heart beat faster. Everything suddenly ramps up a notch or two. You feel, rather than hear a thundering noise in the distance, it beats like a huge, slow, deep drum, driving everything with a vast timeless beat.

The Panic in your chest gets bigger, and you feel it's fluttery fingers moving up to your throat now, the rushing in your ears is almost deafening and all your perception seems to be building, and building, trapped and looking for a way out, it feels like a tidal wave about to crash over through, and out of your head, all at the same time, (which, you notice as an afterthought, is no longer a constant, but rather ambiguous) Then the panic moves up, and across your face like a blush, and spreads around your head, you are aware of a tiny tiny little white spot, at the centre of everything.

Your bursting, panic stricken mind focuses on this aperture that suddenly unifies all creation, and the light gets bigger, and impossibly bright, just as the wave crashes over you, and it's suddenly like a thousand silent trumpets are blowing all at once, right next to your head, and the pain, and pressure is unbearable, and something has got to give in a moment, and you know that something's going to be you!

But you suddenly find some reserve of will, and start to fight it, with every drop of essence that is you. You seem to be getting away, for a second or two as well, and then whatever it was that you were, snaps away like an elastic band snaps, and you are aware of nothing but the light, no sound, or colour, or texture, just this Holocaust of light, so bright it shines right through you like a breeze cuts through the mist. Matter is suddenly gone. Does not matter, need not be.
You are a point of stillness, the fulcrum at which everything balances, and you feel an instant of relief, before The Fear™ Finally hits you. Rolls over you like a wave of foul, gloopy caramel coloured  :fnord:  and you start to be afraid.
You thought you knew what Fear was, knew how to ride it until it dropped away to nothing much at all.

You realise that you were very wrong indeed.  :aaaah: This thing, The Fear™ is going to ride you, consume you, digest you, and shit you out, like you were nothing! It will go on forever, and you have no hope at all of escaping it's icy clutch. You also know that deep down, you have always known this. And so it takes you.  :scared:

That's just the build up, but you start to get the idea. I wont elaborate any further, because of the spoilers,
but once it gets you, you will never ever be the same. Your life is bisected into two parts. Before, and After.

So now, just because you know The Fear™ is there, don't let it put you off what can be a delightfully fun time. It doesn't get you every time, and it probably won't the first time. Some people never seem to get it at all.
But it doesn't pay to get complacent. It's there, it's real, and it will eventually make itself known to you. To all of us. Eventually. So good luck, and be sure to enjoy your Trip. Everything will be fine.  :wink:    Probably.        
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

BB, I want to steal that (with attribution) for the horror texts.
Molon Lube

Dalek

Huge thanks to everyone for the information. I know I can control myself really well, so addiction is not a problem. I'm pretty much the strongest-willed person I know. Thanks Dr. Vrtig0 for the time spent on writing the whole thing and I'll deffinetly take it into consideration if I try shrooms or LSD. Probably I won't try LSD tough, and only shrooms. I don't plan on tripping often and I only want to try it to know the experience.

Also I don't really get people who say it's a really spiritual experience and shit. A chemical goes into you and changes what you percieve and how you think. What's so spiritual about it? My experiences with weed have only hardened my belief that what I call "me" is just a bunch of chemicals and electrical impulses.