Unvarnished Truth #1: Communism, Libertarianism, and Rational Anarchy.

Started by Doktor Howl, March 23, 2010, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

I like the way you've started this Dok and I really want to see where you go with it.

Just an FYI for a few here......   :argh!:

I wasted 3 fucking bars on my cell phone going through this thread last night while some of you boys turned this into a pissing contest.....  We've been here long enough to know when Roger posts something with a number in the title it is part of a series.... 

I WANT TO SEE Dok's solution and if he doesn't post it.... GRRRRRR

Template

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 25, 2010, 12:10:33 AM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 24, 2010, 06:57:33 PM
also, in spite of how thoroughly jacked this thread is, I'm really interested in hearing part 2 of Dok's essay.

Oh, I plan to, but not just yet.  Instead, I'm going to skip to part 3 and then come back to 2.  The reason I'm doing this is because the evidence suggests that people aren't able to listen, at least these days (wasn't true in October), because everyone's jammed filters over their eyes, and they can't read or listen to anything except through those filters.  And if nobody is going to listen, and I know that nobody is going to listen, then my head isn't going to be in that zone it needs to be in to write the essay.

So instead, I'm going to post #3, which deals - coincidentally enough - with filters and the refusal to deal with issues objectively.  Tonight or tomorrow.

Um, just asking, but where is #3, already?

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 05:24:48 PM
Dude, you way over interpreted what I stated.

You said:
QuoteRational Anarchism assumes that monkeys won't form increasingly complex tribes.

Now, I could have argued with this, because Rational Anarchism presumes that monkeys want and need and will create increasingly complex tribes and ways to govern those tribes. Its one of the foundation points of Rational Anarchism.

THEN  you said:
QuoteThe answer, of course, is to let the monkeys have their systems, and figure out how to remain autonomous within that system.  I'm going to twist the meaning of the "Temporary Autonomous Zone" just a bit, and make it more resemble the Speakeasys of the prohibition era.

Or:  Have your fun, just don't let the monkeys know about it.  Fact is, the very complexity that causes the monkey's systems to fail also allows you to operate under their radar.  I'll be talking more about this in installment #2.

And these two statements describe 'Rational Anarchism'. You can twist the meaning of TAZ, or change it or modify it... but it has nothing to do with the fact that Rational Anarchims can be defined as:   let the monkeys have their systems, and figure out how to remain autonomous within that system.  

So, I tried to be nice and ask for further explanation.

QuoteCould you explain the difference please?

Would you prefer that instead of asking you to expound on something like a rational human being, I just call you an ignorant little fuck that is apparently shitting rants out of their ass without any idea of what they're talking about? I didn't presume what else you were gonna say... I WAS/AM ASKING about what you SAID RIGHT HERE.

Your argument currently is way too unsound to be respected.  Defining two things using the same definition will automatically make them identically the same--in this case, Whatever Dok Howl's Thinking and "Rational Anarchism".  Claims in your own words, better yet quotes from others that are specifically about "Rational Anarchism", would do wonders to improve this discussion.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Template on March 29, 2010, 05:45:28 PM
Um, just asking, but where is #3, already?

On the way.  Hopefully today.  Tomorrow at the latest. 

Molon Lube

Silver Stag

I agree with most of what you are saying. The exception being that you can only have fun and ignore the rules of the game that the 'monkeys' have put in place in so far as the rules of the game don't impede your fun making, as soon as these rules start casting a shadow over the fun you, and possibly others are having, there are really only a few options, you can either go down doing what you want to do and get black baged for your troubles, because it will happen, or you can role over and play the perfect little lap dog that they want you to be, or you can try and re-write that part of the code in the game, so that the fun times don't have to stop at all.

And so starts the revolution, because as soon as you start fighting one part of the machine, it's inbuilt secondary defence systems are activated, and to fight one thing you really have to try and fight the whole thing, and this is the problem, this scares people into submission, which makes the re-coding of that part of the machine all that much harder.

This of course is my opinion.

Very well said and writin though.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Silver Stag on March 29, 2010, 11:26:01 PM
I agree with most of what you are saying. The exception being that you can only have fun and ignore the rules of the game that the 'monkeys' have put in place in so far as the rules of the game don't impede your fun making, as soon as these rules start casting a shadow over the fun you, and possibly others are having, there are really only a few options, you can either go down doing what you want to do and get black baged for your troubles, because it will happen, or you can role over and play the perfect little lap dog that they want you to be, or you can try and re-write that part of the code in the game, so that the fun times don't have to stop at all.

And so starts the revolution, because as soon as you start fighting one part of the machine, it's inbuilt secondary defence systems are activated, and to fight one thing you really have to try and fight the whole thing, and this is the problem, this scares people into submission, which makes the re-coding of that part of the machine all that much harder.

Very well said and writin though.

There's another option.  Part 3 comes out tomorrow, and part 2 (the part with that option) should be out before the end of the week.
Molon Lube

Template

Secrecy picks up where privacy leaves off.

I'm guessing that's part of where Dok Howl is going, though I really want to see how he says it.

In any case, it's something that's useful to know.  It's not a crime until you're caught, so DON'T GET CAUGHT.  Easier said than done, of course.