News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Fear, Loathing, and Horror.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 13, 2010, 06:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 28, 2010, 08:20:45 PM
Roger speaks the universal language of hate.

In person, I just make these weird guttural noises, and everything around me warps and distorts.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

SmokeyMcChickenson

I've come to a rather unusual place in my internal undoings. Though I must admit its seems quite familiar in a de ja vu/ lucid dream type way but Im awake.

I don't really ever seem to experience fear anymore. I mean I get the natural impulse's not to touch hot shit and apply pressure to the brakes in my car as needed.
But I cannot see myself being afraid of anything.

Ill run down a short list.

FEAR:

Disease------ no cause Ill just die eventually and it won't really be all that bad anyway since it will eventually end.

A world wide corporate fascist state taking over and herding us into death camps etc,etc,etc. Were all familiar with these types of scenarios Im sure".------   Na doesn't bother me, It'd give me a chance to act out on my Mad Max beyond thunder dome fantasies.

Death of family friend or beloved pets------- Na I mean I love them and all but na not afraid just a slightly disappointed acceptance.

Afraid of the fukushima world wide radio active rain,tsunamis,earthquakes,asteroids, hurricanes. Na Im pretty sure I don't mind such things at all The world does need to rinse itself off once in a while.

Dont get me wrong If I see people or animals who are hurt or need help I'll be the first one there.   But I really just can't get riled up about the impermanence of well being. :)

LOATHING-  I can see in remnants of what I used to have loathsome feelings towards in the past like George Bush,Obama,the drug war or any other war,Basically any machination or representative of the state or religion.
Loathsome of shitty music ,movies,tv shows, etc etc etc. Its all a divine comedy expertly designed and carried out for a pretty spectacularly ironic audience.

I just don't feel loathing for anything anymore. Other than the initial kneejerk dying out of old reaction patterns to such stimuli. I remember that its all 1 infinite presence playing discordian type jokes with perceptions that same 1 infinite presence gave fruit of in the first place.
Like its playing peekaboo with itself and having jab fests with itself in a divine ass puppet show for its own amusement.

Horror- As I'm thinking about this right now it stands to reason that If I cannot really muster the imagination to feel fear or loathing at this point what could ever foreseeably ever happen for me to feel genuine horror?

I'm drawing a blank.

On a sidenote I found out that the guys from MST3K have a new project called RiffTrax. Im sure some of you knew this already I just thought I'd throw it out there :)

http://www.rifftrax.com/

Thus Spaketh The Inexhaustible Grace That Wipes All Our Asses.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: SmokeyMcChickenson on July 22, 2011, 05:55:01 PM

I don't really ever seem to experience fear anymore.

I just don't feel loathing for anything anymore.

Horror- As I'm thinking about this right now it stands to reason that If I cannot really muster the imagination to feel fear or loathing at this point what could ever foreseeably ever happen for me to feel genuine horror?

So, in short, you're a food tube.
Molon Lube

SmokeyMcChickenson

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2011, 11:51:05 PM

I suppose someone like you could define it like that and think its funny.

It's had many many names.

None really do it justice.

But I'm Just some dumb hippy that listens to death metal and reads silly new age books that he thinks are ridiculous.

You've had me pegged all along.

Your sharp ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: SmokeyMcChickenson on July 24, 2011, 12:45:32 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2011, 11:51:05 PM

I suppose someone like you could define it like that and think its funny.

It's had many many names.

None really do it justice.

But I'm Just some dumb hippy that listens to death metal and reads silly new age books that he thinks are ridiculous.

You've had me pegged all along.

Your sharp ;)

"You're".

You're welcome.
Molon Lube

Freeky

You just don't GET IT, do you, Dok?  He doesn't care, and is bitter about his education!

SmokeyMcChickenson

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 24, 2011, 01:29:49 AM
You just don't GET IT, do you, Dok?  He doesn't care, and is bitter about his education!

I was bitter about education my first day of kindergarten.

Alright everyone get in a single file.

Fuck This!

The American education system is a fucking sham.

In high school I cut every class and went to the library and out to the woods and educated myself.

I did pretty well.

The stoners who would cut class to come out to the woods and hang out with me and learn about what I was reading would get credits for it.

My principal and guidance counselor thought pretty highly of me.

I aced the state required testing and graduated without ever sitting in a classroom ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: SmokeyMcChickenson on July 24, 2011, 01:46:12 AM

In high school I cut every class and went to the library and out to the woods and educated myself.

I did pretty well.

Yes, that Wilhelm Reich Orgone technology has made you the man you are today.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck This!

I did pretty well.

The stoners who would cut class to come out to the woods and hang out with me and learn about what I was reading would get credits for it.

I aced the state required testing and graduated without ever sitting in a classroom ;)

I dropped out of third grade and  taught myself under conditions of poverty, deprivation, abuse, and neglect. I had a bicycle and a library card... the library was five miles away.

Yet, miraculously, I STILL learned critical thinking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Lol.

For a guy who doesn't care what anyone here thinks of him, he seems mighty desperate to impress, what with his tales about his big-breasted Norwegian girlfriend and his autodidactic prowess.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on July 24, 2011, 01:57:56 AM

Fuck This!

I did pretty well.

I dropped out of third grade and  taught myself under conditions of poverty, deprivation, abuse, and neglect. I had a bicycle and a library card... the library was five miles away.

Yet, miraculously, I STILL learned critical thinking.

But you know NOTHING of monopole magnets and perpetual motion!  NOTHING!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 24, 2011, 02:00:27 AM
Lol.

For a guy who doesn't care what anyone here thinks of him, he seems mighty desperate to impress, what with his tales about his big-breasted Norwegian girlfriend and his autodidactic prowess.

Important note:  She cooks for him.  Don't forget that.
Molon Lube

SmokeyMcChickenson

Quote from: Cain on July 24, 2011, 02:00:27 AM
Lol.

They really are very nice titties. She's a pretty good cook too.

Did I ever tell you about the time I proved Einstein's theory of relativity wrong?  Funny story.

;)

Pæs