Main Menu

The Fear™

Started by BadBeast, August 13, 2010, 07:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on August 16, 2010, 04:59:34 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 16, 2010, 04:43:43 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on August 16, 2010, 04:39:24 AM
Fear and loathing can both be constituent parts of Horror, as can dread, shame, or truth. But Horror can sustain itself without any other parts. Horror is the bucket all those other things can slosh around in. Tip those other things away, and the empty bucket is still Horror.

I think I get it now. Thanks BB
No problem. Now, let's go and drop a shitload of acid.  :hippie:

But, but, you're about 3000 miles away! (You Brits still use miles, right?)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

I think we used all the miles up, last year. We've still got leagues, furlongs, chains, and rods though.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on August 16, 2010, 05:07:16 AM
I think we used all the miles up, last year. We've still got leagues, furlongs, chains, and rods though.

Now you're just talking crazy talk!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cosine 5 on August 16, 2010, 02:36:47 AM
but is it The FearTM being discussed? I was under the impression that The Fear was something less subjective, more objective, and with a conspiratory feel, kind of like The MachineTM.
Or I'm just overreacting to the superscript.

I see what you mean. I think if you'd want to be exact about it, capitalization should be enough, as The Fear doesn't have much to do with trademarks or an ironic comment on consumerism, as it signifies in The MachineTM.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cosine 5

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 16, 2010, 07:50:18 AM
Quote from: Cosine 5 on August 16, 2010, 02:36:47 AM
but is it The FearTM being discussed? I was under the impression that The Fear was something less subjective, more objective, and with a conspiratory feel, kind of like The MachineTM.
Or I'm just overreacting to the superscript.

I see what you mean. I think if you'd want to be exact about it, capitalization should be enough, as The Fear doesn't have much to do with trademarks or an ironic comment on consumerism, as it signifies in The MachineTM.

I guess so. So what does The Fear mean, as opposed to general fears?

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 16, 2010, 03:11:35 AM
Quote from: Cosine 5 on August 16, 2010, 03:06:56 AM
Yup, I see why fears would be subjective while horror is partially objective. Simply put, only horror has to do with one's worldview, and one's worldview is directly connected to and affected by the society which one lives in. Fear, on the other hand, is more instinct than acquired. Am I right?

Although the question I was asking was this: What is the difference between fears and The FearTM? Is there a difference, or is the latter just a collective term for the former?
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough before.

Fear is "I am afraid, and it makes sense that I am afraid"
Horror is "I am afraid, and I don't know what the hell how this happened"

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my question. I was asking about the difference between lowercase-f fears and The Fear (TM optional), not the difference between fear and horror.

not quite there yet.

Cosine 5

Actually, disregard previous post - I think I just realized that The Fear is the emotion as defined by Dok.
Sorry for being so slow.
not quite there yet.

BadBeast

The Fear™ is the place you get left in, when Fear, terror, and horror have run amok in your head to the extent that every appropriate neurotransmitter is either inadequate, exhausted, or boiled away to nothing. There is no way back, no cure, no Medical term that dares go there, no end to the amount of this all pervading, pure, concentrated   :fnord:  that fills every corner of your being. This no man's land of shredded personality (yours) and shattered emotion was never meant to be experienced, as you will know, should you ever go there.

But, you were warned. You were told. You heard the scare stories, the things that could happen, and yet you still went ahead. You knew something like this could happen. You just underestimated it's magnitude. You over estimated your own strength of character. And now as you sit rocking backwards and forwards, eyes wide open and fixed upon your future, sobbing tears of bile that burn holes in the sleeve of your shirt, I ask you if you would perhaps care for a little more acid. To see if we can jolt  The Fear™ out from it's hole. (you)

Nothing ever leaves this place, in the form it entered. You were never meant to have any sort of access to The Fear™. It was left there to deter any Demonic entities from getting a foothold into your routines. One hint of it's existence is usually enough to send them screaming away back to the relative comforts of Hell.

But you were warned. So Relax, it's just the Acid, it should be wearing off in another *Looks at watch* 10 hours. Ish.  :lulz:

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

BadBeast

We have evolved to always be on our guard from the other creatures, the ones with big sharp teeth, and claws. But we over reacted to the threat by extincting most of them, so now the only creature we need to watch out for, is us! Now we predate ourselves. This is why we need to plant The Fear™ as far and as wide as we can. Only when people are familiarised once more with The Fear™, can we stop externalising everything, and projecting it into the tired old self destructive "Them and Us"  patterns.
If it people can be shown it is still just us, and The Fear™ All that need to assert our status and dominance could be safely re-routed towards a common enemy. You. Me. All of us.

The Fear™ is our darkest place.. Everything that ever made us sharpen up, and evolve our brains, (instead of our feeble claws and teeth) Everything that we had to overcome, to evolve into what we are.
All those things that have been forgotten for so long we no longer see them as part of us.
We all forgot we take on the qualities of our vanquished enemies, because we were afraid and didn't like to look into those dark places inside us.
Now, the dark twin of our genetic success, has become a thing of utter anathema, while it waited in the shadows to be sublimated. Recognised. Accepted. And in response to this denial of The Fear™, we try to compensate by overinflating our Egos.

We have become soft. Oversensitive Egos see all the "bad things" as external forces,  plotting our downfall, wiith "Them". The false Enemy.

How are we ever going to learn acceptance of other people, when we can't even accept the Darkness inside ourselves? That is why we NEED The Fear™. To make us confront the Dark. Not to drive it away with lit up pineal strobing, but to make us examine it. Force us to familiarise ourselves with it, and where it came from. To embrace it, and accept it as part of each of us. We all have the resources to survive The Fear™. But we  bricked up the windows where The Fear™ lives. Out of sight, out of mind. It's been forgotten. If we can't see it, it's not there.

But it is still there. It is the Dire Wolf, lurking in the Forest. So we say "Don't stray off the Forest path" but we don't remember why. If we see it's hungry eyes watching us, we look away. Instead we have the fear of The Fear™. A low intensity domesticated shadow of it. A Lap Dog. We have eaten the Map. Now we worship the finger, failing to realise it points the way out.

So when you get The Fear™ next, don't fight it, in a vain attempt to get back to a state of happy denial. Jump on the fuckers back, and ride it through the Darkness.

Become one with it. Get a fucking grip on it.
Then when you've understood it more personally, you will take it wherever you go. Like a horrible virus, you will be able to spread it around like Ebola. Your trail will be littered with those who still refuse to see it. Their faces will be Grey as The Fear™ rides them like a bitch. But the other ones you touch, will no longer be  living on their knees, grubbing in the dirt for those they believe to be their Masters. They will become their own Masters. Who will in turn, plant the seeds of We have evolved to always be on our guard from the other creatures, the ones with big sharp teeth, and claws. But we over reacted to the threat by extincting most of them, so now the only creature we need to watch out for, is us! Now we predate ourselves. This is why we need to plant The Fear™ as far and as wide as we can. Only when people are familiarised once more with The Fear™, can we stop externalising everything, and projecting it into the tired old self destructive "Them and Us"  patterns.
If it people can be shown it is still just us, and The Fear™ All that need to assert our status and dominance could be safely re-routed towards a common enemy. You. Me. All of us.

The Fear™ is our darkest place.. Everything that ever made us sharpen up, and evolve our brains, (instead of our feeble claws and teeth) Everything that we had to overcome, to evolve into what we are.
All those things have been forgotten for so long, we no longer see them as part of us.
We all forgot we take on the qualities of our vanquished enemies, because we were afraid and didn't like to look into those dark places inside us.
Now, the dark twin of our genetic success, has become a thing of utter anathema, while it waited in the shadows to be sublimated. Recognised. Accepted. And in response to this denial of The Fear™, we try to compensate by overinflating our Egos.

We have become soft. Oversensitive Egos see all the "bad things" as external forces, plotting our downfall, wiith "Them".

How are we ever going to learn acceptance of other people, when we can't even accept the Darkness inside ourselves? That is why we NEED The Fear™. To make us confront the Dark. Not to drive it away with lit up pineal strobing, but to make us examine it. Make us familiarise ourselves with it, and where it came from. To embrace it, and accept it as part of each of us. We all have the resources to survive The Fear™. But we   bricked up the windows where The Fear™ lives.  Out of sight, out of mind. It's been forgotten. If we can't see it, it's not there.

But it's still there. It is the Dire Wolf, lurking in the Forest. So we say "Don't stray off the Forest path" but we don't remember why. If we see it's hungry eyes watching us, we look away. Instead we have the fear of The Fear™. A low intensity domesticated shadow of it. A Lap Dog. We have eaten the Map. Now we worship the finger, failing to realise it points the way out.

So when you get The Fear™ next, don't fight it, in a vain attempt to get back to a state of happy denial. Jump on the fuckers back, and ride it through the Darkness. Become one with it. Get a fucking grip on it.
Then when you've understood it more personally, you will take it wherever you go. Like a horrible virus, you will be able to spread it around like Ebola. Your trail will be littered with those who still refuse to see it. Their faces will be Grey as The Fear™ rides them like a bitch. But the other ones you touch, will no longer be  living on their knees. Grubbing in the dirt for those they believe to be their Masters. They will become their own Masters. Who will then plant the seeds of The Fear™ wherever they go. Maybe before long, we can all be one great big, Fear filled Family after all.

BadBeast

But this super-sized Fear™ is not a place, once visited you would you ever want to visit again. If you even manage to get out in the first place.
What happened is that against your better judgement, and the advice you asked for, you decided to take LSD. So you went out, and bought 10 blotters. You took one at 4pm. Then you took another one at ten past four, (because nothing was happening) then sat down, and told this huge biker who supplied the Acid to you, that his drugs were shit, and how he should be ashamed of himself for ripping you off. Said stuff like  "I don't care who you think you are, I'll tell everyone your drugs are shit". Then you sat down again, looked around, and said to the bemused biker, (who knew very well just how good his acid was) "Erm, . . . this little outburst of
whiny bitching, while no doubt entertaining to watch, seems to have brought the acid on quite nicely" Then, to show your sincerity, took another trip, right there and then. 4.20pm. (Didn't anyone mention the strangely distorted sense of time that acid gives you?) Now you have just taken four 750 mike Double dipped White Lightnings. IN 20 MINUTES.  :lulz: So by my judgement, the first one should just be kicking in.

Death is no release, time in this place does not obey any temporal norm. Nothing ever leaves this place, in the form it entered. You were never meant to have any sort of access to The Fear™. It was left there to deter any Demonic entities from getting a foothold into your routines. One hint of it's existence is usually enough to send them screaming away back to the relative comforts of Hell, bearing tales that become the things of Nightmare, to the beings of Nightmare.

Adios

BadBeast

BadBeast

Heard this the other day, first time in ages, and thought I'd post it here, even though it's not The Fear™ related, it is F.E.A.R, and Ian Brown is everyone's fave baggy Manc monkey man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3_BGPorMNM&feature=related