News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

MusicGASM

Started by LordOfganza, August 17, 2010, 10:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I think that I have something in mind for this. I'm new to mandolin, so if it sucks, I can scratch it and try again or add keyboard instead. I'll try and recording on Friday. I know what I'm definitely doing for the second riff, but the first riff I'm stuck on whether or not to play just a Em G Em Am Em progression or if I should try and do a little lead bit.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

If the second riff is what you know you want, do that now.  If you want to add something else later, do it later.

Iron Sulfide

This is more to my liking:

http://soundcloud.com/philly_fillet/hand-of-eris-compuslice

I kept the Bass And Git track, used my rhythm track as a noise reduction profile and made a composite track from three levels of noise reduction: the original, for the bass and kicks; a half reduced track that get's a bit poppy on the drums; and a mostly reduced track that turned the guitar into computer chip sounds from a bad 70's movie.

Then I mixed those and did clean guitar with light chorus over the top.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

hullo? i'm still waiting for mandolin...
Ya' stupid Yank.

Nephew Twiddleton

Friday my friend. I just moved.

Cramulus

I'm not sure if this is right for the project, but have you guys heard of indaba music? http://www.indabamusic.com/

it's a social platform for musical collaboration, might be up your alley

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 01, 2010, 08:11:16 PM
Friday my friend. I just moved.

ah. i'm on muscle drugs. impatient at the moment. will distract myself until then.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 01, 2010, 08:16:19 PM
I'm not sure if this is right for the project, but have you guys heard of indaba music? http://www.indabamusic.com/

it's a social platform for musical collaboration, might be up your alley

I have. It was on Colbert, as well as recommended to me independently by two meatspace friends. I've only poked around there
a little, but I'm on http://www.soundcloud.com right now. It's pretty neat, and super streamlined. Still trying to figure out
the "Group" feature. It seems I can start a group, but I can't Invite people ???. LMNO is also on soundcloud.

http://ccmixter.org looks pretty cool, too, although pretty bare bones in appearance.

by the by, since I'm all impatient and shit, where the cock is LordOfganza?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Iron Sulfide on September 01, 2010, 09:02:42 PM
by the by, since I'm all impatient and shit, where the cock is LordOfganza?

Brazil, obviously. Hopefully writing riffs, but, lets face it. There's a lot of skin to look at down there. He might be rubbin the chub.

Nephew Twiddleton

fyi- mandolin in progress

Nephew Twiddleton

http://soundcloud.com/anarchangel

Note that I'm not claiming this to be an Anarchangel song. It just might be convenient for us to have this sort of account in the future.

Nephew Twiddleton

Thoughts on Hand of Eris with mandolin?

And are we ready to start on the next track? I like this sort of thing, and LordOfganza hasn't done anything with this in a while (and he apparently logged in today), so I'm assuming that we're good to go for number 2. I'm ready for Alphapance, Sulfide and myself to kind of inherit this if he doesn't post here in the next week.

Also, what would we like to do with these tracks when we're done? I figure that they are probably copyleft and just up for distribution, as long as there's either credit given or a link back to PD. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Phox

I think the mix is... weird in a few places because of the layering. Otherwise, I like it.  :)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 06, 2010, 01:40:32 AM
I think the mix is... weird in a few places because of the layering. Otherwise, I like it.  :)

Yeah, that might be something that we have to work on. I myself am not particularly comfortable with recording yet (or playing the mandolin. Matter of fact this was the first thing I wrote on mando)

Iron Sulfide

s'not bad for not having an idea to begin with. i think it might be good to have an ever growing selection of pieces to
borrow from, but that's just going to come with time and actually making tracks.

Did you, by chance, save a file of just the mandolin?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Iron Sulfide on September 07, 2010, 08:42:03 PM
s'not bad for not having an idea to begin with. i think it might be good to have an ever growing selection of pieces to
borrow from, but that's just going to come with time and actually making tracks.

Did you, by chance, save a file of just the mandolin?

I did, it should be a separate track on the same account.