News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Sometimes I wonder...

Started by Adios, August 20, 2010, 03:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Why do I bother to take the next step? Why do I bother to take the next breath?

Who am I to bother to exist in this time? Why do I exist in this time?

Why must I be witness to the horrible things that are happening?

Did I do something to deserve this? Am I a bad person?

Then I know the answer. The Horrible Truth™.

Because the scales have fallen from my eyes and it is my honor to try to assist in removing the scales from others eyes. Damn you Dok. Once I was mindlessly happy, floating along in my ignorance/

Thank you Dok, I am no longer a sheep, but this hurts. Now I have seen the real Horrible Truth™, and what is once seen cannot ever be unseen.

I am Hawk, and I am free. 

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

What is this Horrible Truth people keep talking about? It was mentioned on TCC a few times.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

The Horrible Truth. It's what's REALLY going on, without any filters or ideas or beliefs superimposed on it. It seems to be a PD.COM thing, because pinealist Discordians don't seem to get it.

the last yatto

we pineapples get it, just often its something we :fap: to
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Subtract Eight!

It ain't so horrible. At least I don't think that yet. I don't feel like I will until I'll enjoy it either.
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

Quote from: Pēleus on August 20, 2010, 03:30:05 AM

Oh yeah? Is it good fapping, then?

Adios

Quote from: Subtract Eight! on August 20, 2010, 03:32:00 AM
It ain't so horrible. At least I don't think that yet. I don't feel like I will until I'll enjoy it either.

THEN YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!  :)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: curiosity on August 20, 2010, 03:24:20 AM
What is this Horrible Truth people keep talking about? It was mentioned on TCC a few times.

11.  The Truth: (Noun)  This is possibly the most important concept in this list.  Truth is often mistaken for religioun, philosophy, or principles.  This, of course, is incorrect.

Truth is, in the plainest terms, the way things really are, as opposed to the way we'd like things to be.  The truth can change with conditions (ie, it's true that the sky is clear here today, but that may not be true tomorrow), or even with perspective (a simple lesson in relativity will demonstrate that), but it is not subject to opinion or wishful thinking or even the strident demands of those in authority.

Needless to say, telling the truth will not make you popular at parties, because most peoples' most closely held beliefs are not based on truth.  In fact, there isn't a single political philosophy that is based on truth, nor any religions (at least, not that can be proven).  Communism doesn't work, no matter how badly you want it to.  Neither does laissez faire capitalism, anarchy, or anything else that deviates from the primate pack mentality (Constitutional monarchy does just fine, as does a democracy/republic so long as there is a president/prime minister/whatever to represent the alpha of the pack).  The reason for this is that the truth is that we are primates, and we act like primates, so - at least in a group of any size - we need alphas, and the rules that they enforce.

Sometimes it's not always desirable to TELL the truth ("My, what an ugly bride"), but it is always desirable to see and understand it, unless you're the kind of person who likes walking around cacti with a blindfold on.

In short, the truth is the way things are, whether or not you like it or care to see it.  You can often get away with ignoring it, but eventually, you're gonna get bit.

The truth is a horrible thing.  It isn't always noble, it's rarely pleasing, and it can sometimes even drive you mad.  But it is the only thing worth having.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 20, 2010, 03:17:21 AM

Because the scales have fallen from my eyes and it is my honor to try to assist in removing the scales from others eyes. Damn you Dok. Once I was mindlessly happy, floating along in my ignorance/

Thank you Dok, I am no longer a sheep, but this hurts. Now I have seen the real Horrible Truth™, and what is once seen cannot ever be unseen.

Beats walking into danger blindfolded, too.

Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 20, 2010, 03:38:43 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 20, 2010, 03:17:21 AM

Beats walking into danger blindfolded, too.

:mittens:

the last yatto

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 20, 2010, 03:33:09 AM
Quote from: Pēleus on August 20, 2010, 03:30:05 AM

Oh yeah? Is it good fapping, then?

yeah until the carpel tunnel kicks in
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Freeky

Adios

the last yatto