News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Professor Cramulus: 1980-something - 2010, RIP

Started by Doktor Howl, August 23, 2010, 06:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Pæs

Srsly, that dude is awesome.

Every time he cruises into a conversation to say stuff about stuff, I get all  :eek: WOAH.

He should do that all the time.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2011, 08:10:56 PM
Bump, cos I miss Cram.   :cry:

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on December 27, 2011, 09:46:26 PM
Me too

Quote from: Beardman Meow on December 27, 2011, 10:42:29 PM
Srsly, that dude is awesome.

Every time he cruises into a conversation to say stuff about stuff, I get all  :eek: WOAH.

He should do that all the time.

Awww thanks guys! :)

I'm on winter vacation right now!

Had a great job interview last week -- unfortunately there's a lot of competition. Typical! Ah well, it's just a job.

When I ordered my Chao Te Ching hard copies, I ordered a bunch of other Discordian lit too. So I picked up The Book of Chaos And It's [sic] Virtues by Verthaine, and I picked up the Jonesboro Discordia.

TBOCAIV is pretty cool - Verthaine's spin on things is really interesting. For those of you that don't know who he is, the dude is a total bad ass from New Orleans, who operates (or operated?) a physical 3D Discordian church. Verthaine treats Discordia as a legitimate spiritual tradition, which he presents in a very flippant / humorous / slapstick (but serious) way. He also handles Eris as a mother figure, sort of a creator spirit, the sort of way one thinks of The One True God. So it's very different from the version of Discordia I've been carefully brewing all these years, and it's really refreshing to see it handled so well.

The Jonesboro Discordia is all over the place. It's really thick with filler, and most of the content was cribbed from the web. There's large sections of Liber FruFru and other web stuff that a lot of the Discordian Historians will be familiar with already, and it's nice to see that stuff in print. Sadly, the print quality is kind of low - little effort was made to touch up scans and jpegs, leaving a lot of pages fuzzy and pixelated, tough to read. I love it when people make their own versions of the principia. There are some gems in there, but it definitely suffers from a lack of editing. It feels like there was little debate about what to include - everything goes in! It's almost manic. You can tell that Pope OldBoy Floats (Tim Bowen) had a lot of fun writing it. It would be a bit easier to thumb through if there was more attention to quality though.

Freeky

Doktor Howl

I can't believe that it's been 10 years since Cramulus died.   :cry:
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

How can I opt out from being sockpuppeted for insidious means after my demise?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Frontside Back on February 21, 2020, 11:17:21 PM

We are all formed of dead flesh, and are but the sockpuppets of our baser natures.

And if, like Cram, we are recalled from some deeper death, to wander the Earth as an unliving proxy, we should not regret it overmuch; for, perhaps it is better to be remembered falsely, than to be truly forgotten.

Sorry, no opt-outs.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 22, 2020, 02:29:24 AM

We are all formed of dead flesh, and are but the sockpuppets of our baser natures.

And if, like Cram, we are recalled from some deeper death, to wander the Earth as an unliving proxy, we should not regret it overmuch; for, perhaps it is better to be remembered falsely, than to be truly forgotten.

Sorry, no opt-outs.

The thing that was once Cramulus is controlled by Cainad, for purposes perhaps best left unspoken.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

:lulz: :lulz: oh man, this thread

2010, *sniffs cork*, a good vintage

who's still afraid of grapes?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 22, 2020, 01:13:57 PM
:lulz: :lulz: oh man, this thread

2010, *sniffs cork*, a good vintage

who's still afraid of grapes?

Not Picard.  The silly old bastard won't shut up about the fucking things.
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2020, 04:47:33 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 22, 2020, 02:29:24 AM

Sorry, no opt-outs.

The thing that was once Cramulus is controlled by Cainad, for purposes perhaps best left unspoken.

They'll only talk to Cramulus, you see. It doesn't actually have to be him, you see, he just... needs to be there for the negotiations, if you get me. It's all very red-tape.

And I've kept things going for 10 damn years (with no help from any of you ingrates), I don't wanna hear any lip.