News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

RISUS! Please create a pention form.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 23, 2010, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 08:54:36 PM
I might have done something similar with Bovine dude, though I can't remember anything in particular.  I even tried PMing him to see what was the problem, but he ignored it.

I think the only obvious solution is to be a total jackass, since asking didn't do any good.

I had a hike to go on, IIRC, so there was no point getting into it with him.  Anyway, I'm dropping it now, see previous post.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2010, 09:03:35 PM
I might have done something similar with Bovine dude, though I can't remember anything in particular.  I even tried PMing him to see what was the problem, but he ignored it.

I think the only obvious solution is to be a total jackass, since asking didn't do any good.

I had a hike to go on, IIRC, so there was no point getting into it with him.  Anyway, I'm dropping it now, see previous post.

I saw it. 
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 23, 2010, 09:02:43 PM
Quote from: Lunar Wolf of the Cow Moon 13 on August 23, 2010, 08:56:23 PM
I might have done something similar with Bovine dude, though I can't remember anything in particular.  I even tried PMing him to see what was the problem, but he ignored it.

Didn't feel a response was necessary as you already have it in your head that I am attacking you for some reason.

PRO TIP: the world doesn't revolve around you

not answering peoples PM's does make you look like kind of a dick

I guess it's a good thing I don't value most people's opinions of me.

But then again maybe I do, and maybe I just haven't responded yet because I making sure I say exactly what I want to say.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lunar Wolf of the Cow Moon 13 on August 23, 2010, 09:11:14 PM

Okay, enough said, I suppose.
Molon Lube

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lunar Wolf of the Cow Moon 13 on August 23, 2010, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 09:13:02 PM
Quote from: Lunar Wolf of the Cow Moon 13 on August 23, 2010, 09:11:14 PM

Okay, enough said, I suppose.

Selective reading FTW.

Not really.

Quote from: Lunar Wolf of the Cow Moon 13 on August 23, 2010, 08:56:23 PM

Didn't feel a response was necessary as you already have it in your head that I am attacking you for some reason.

PRO TIP: the world doesn't revolve around you

I think I've read plenty.
Molon Lube

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

QuoteAlso, Peleus is a piece of shit, and dogging on him improves my mood.

PILLS HERE!
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pēleus on August 23, 2010, 10:03:47 PM

What the fuck did you expect?  A big sloppy kiss?
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 23, 2010, 08:29:18 PM
Nope.  The door was opened, some people chose to walk through, now the entire thing has to play itself out.  In full.

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Looking back on this, I hope you meant this ironically. Otherwise, that's a pretty disheartening thing to actually believe for someone that has been into this Discordian thing for so long.

Chalking it up to "OH WELL I COULDNT HELP IT" or "HAW WE'RE JUST DUMB MONKEYS AND ARE GOING TO ACT THIS WAY ANYWAY" is a cheap excuse and it's the lazy way out.

Recognizing the pattern and doing nothing about it is maybe a bigger problem than those who are entirely ignorant. It means you've willfully made the choice to remain stagnant and therefore become accomplice and a proponent of, to borrow Dobb's terms, being pink.

Sometimes throwing a wrench in the gears of the engine is the only way to stop a bigger wreck.

Cain

Every time I see this thread, I have the urge to say "Risus!  Form of a pention!" and see if it actually works.

Chairman Risus

It's either that or saying my name three times summons me to a thread. I can't remember which.

But since this thread has my name on the title, I figured I would make the most of what I could out of a train wreck.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 23, 2010, 08:29:18 PM
Nope.  The door was opened, some people chose to walk through, now the entire thing has to play itself out.  In full.

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Looking back on this, I hope you meant this ironically. Otherwise, that's a pretty disheartening thing to actually believe for someone that has been into this Discordian thing for so long.

Chalking it up to "OH WELL I COULDNT HELP IT" or "HAW WE'RE JUST DUMB MONKEYS AND ARE GOING TO ACT THIS WAY ANYWAY" is a cheap excuse and it's the lazy way out.

Recognizing the pattern and doing nothing about it is maybe a bigger problem than those who are entirely ignorant. It means you've willfully made the choice to remain stagnant and therefore become accomplice and a proponent of, to borrow Dobb's terms, being pink.

Sometimes throwing a wrench in the gears of the engine is the only way to stop a bigger wreck.

Who needs an excuse? 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pēleus on August 23, 2010, 10:03:47 PM

PILLS HERE!

That's mostly on the weekends.
Molon Lube