Main Menu

RISUS! Please create a pention form.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 23, 2010, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 11:21:58 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 23, 2010, 08:29:18 PM
Nope.  The door was opened, some people chose to walk through, now the entire thing has to play itself out.  In full.

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Looking back on this, I hope you meant this ironically. Otherwise, that's a pretty disheartening thing to actually believe for someone that has been into this Discordian thing for so long.

Chalking it up to "OH WELL I COULDNT HELP IT" or "HAW WE'RE JUST DUMB MONKEYS AND ARE GOING TO ACT THIS WAY ANYWAY" is a cheap excuse and it's the lazy way out.

Recognizing the pattern and doing nothing about it is maybe a bigger problem than those who are entirely ignorant. It means you've willfully made the choice to remain stagnant and therefore become accomplice and a proponent of, to borrow Dobb's terms, being pink.

Sometimes throwing a wrench in the gears of the engine is the only way to stop a bigger wreck.

Who needs an excuse?  

Could you expound on that?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 11:24:17 PM
Nope.  The door was opened, some people chose to walk through, now the entire thing has to play itself out.  In full.

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Looking back on this, I hope you meant this ironically. Otherwise, that's a pretty disheartening thing to actually believe for someone that has been into this Discordian thing for so long.

Chalking it up to "OH WELL I COULDNT HELP IT" or "HAW WE'RE JUST DUMB MONKEYS AND ARE GOING TO ACT THIS WAY ANYWAY" is a cheap excuse and it's the lazy way out.

Recognizing the pattern and doing nothing about it is maybe a bigger problem than those who are entirely ignorant. It means you've willfully made the choice to remain stagnant and therefore become accomplice and a proponent of, to borrow Dobb's terms, being pink.

Sometimes throwing a wrench in the gears of the engine is the only way to stop a bigger wreck.

Who needs an excuse? 

Could you expand on that?

Sure.  Peleus slammed on CB for what amounts to be a big nothing.  A few others (yourself included) join in, to gratuitously let CB know just exactly how they feel about him, and I jump on them for that.  Later, the noob sticks his dick in a meatgrinder and everyone takes a turn at the crank.

It's the natural order of things at PD, and everyone seems to like it (If we didn't, we'd stop, right?), although an alternate theory has been proposed by Wiccan Bovine Purple Dude that we're just "easy to troll" (Which seems to be a plausible reason for doing so).  You want the content, you have to put up with this sort of shit, too.

So if we LIKE it, why would we make excuses for it?
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 11:28:57 PM

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Who needs an excuse? 

Sure.  Peleus slammed on CB for what amounts to be a big nothing.  A few others (yourself included) join in, to gratuitously let CB know just exactly how they feel about him, and I jump on them for that.  Later, the noob sticks his dick in a meatgrinder and everyone takes a turn at the crank.

It's the natural order of things at PD, and everyone seems to like it (If we didn't, we'd stop, right?), although an alternate theory has been proposed by Wiccan Bovine Purple Dude that we're just "easy to troll" (Which seems to be a plausible reason for doing so).  You want the content, you have to put up with this sort of shit, too.

Which makes more sense
1. Typically benign posters such as 000 and myself lurking in the shadows waiting for Peleus, the man behind this plot to take down CB to initiate conflict so we could strike
or
2. TripleZero and I actually understanding where the sentiment comes from, while not condoning the steps he took.

I could understand this if either Trip or I "gratuitously" attacked anyone, instead of saying that we understood what Peleus meant.

I hope I haven't misrepresented whatever 000 meant, but I for one, was just trying to balance out what I thought was an unbalanced attacked on Peleus for making a stupid thread.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 11:38:26 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 11:28:57 PM

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Who needs an excuse? 

Which makes more sense
1. Typically benign posters such as 000 and myself lurking in the shadows waiting for Peleus, the man behind this plot to take down CB to initiate conflict so we could strike
or
2. TripleZero and I actually understanding where the sentiment comes from, while not condoning the steps he took.

I could understand this if either Trip or I "gratuitously" attacked anyone, instead of saying that we understood what Peleus meant.

I hope I haven't misrepresented whatever 000 meant, but I for one, was just trying to balance out what I thought was an unbalanced attacked on Peleus for making a stupid thread.

Put yourself in Charley's shoes and, from that vantage point, explain the difference, please.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 11:41:44 PM
Put yourself in Charley's shoes and, from that vantage point, explain the difference, please.

Easy. The difference is three people calling someone names, and one person calling someone names and two explaining why it is going on.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 11:47:12 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 11:41:44 PM

Easy. The difference is three people calling someone names, and one person calling someone names and two explaining why it is going on.

Yeah, I could see how that would make him feel lots better.

:roll:
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I don't understand why people get upset about one line posts:

:apple:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 23, 2010, 11:55:38 PM

Turns out it was because Peleus disagreed with something CB said.  Then Trip and Risus came along to agree that CB was in some way substandard.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:04:52 AM

Turns out it was because Peleus disagreed with something CB said.  Then Trip and Risus came along to agree that even Peleus is capable of being right, even if he's doing it wrong.

Fixed that for you, chief.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:08:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:04:52 AM

Turns out it was because Peleus disagreed with something CB said.  Then Trip and Risus came along to agree that even Peleus is capable of being right, even if he's doing it wrong.

Fixed that for you, chief.

Too bad it's no longer accurate.

I'd like a refund.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I got the impression that Trip and Risus actually like CB, but are irritated by his occasional angry one-liners.

Peleus on the other hand, a;lkdsfl oie owfoijf owffjowfeahi oeh o.

I don't think Peleus is right. Thread derailing is a PD.com tradition, and so are contentless, disparaging one-liners.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 24, 2010, 12:14:45 AM
I got the impression that Trip and Risus actually like CB, but are irritated by his occasional angry one-liners.

I don't think Peleus is right. Thread derailing is a PD.com tradition, and so are contentless, disparaging one-liners.

I got the impression that Trip spoke without considering the impact it would have, and I thought the same about Risus, but he has convinced me that he knew precisely what he was doing.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:16:04 AM

I got the impression that Trip spoke without considering the impact it would have, and I thought the same about Risus, but he has convinced me that he knew precisely what he was doing.

You're right. I'm a bad man.

But in all seriousness, Net is correct.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:16:59 AM

So sorry, it's so fucking hard for us old guys to figure shit out.  We have a club, you know.

Asshole.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:18:13 AM
Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:16:59 AM

So sorry, it's so fucking hard for us old guys to figure shit out.  We have a club, you know.

Asshole.

Woo. Let's keep overreacting and wondering why apple talk is full of fluff.