News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

RISUS! Please create a pention form.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 23, 2010, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 01:16:03 AM

Thurnez is right. it was not meant to be insulting. I've only disagreed on the
Quoteit's probably not "nothing at all" for Charley
It should have been nothing at all.

I meant I can see how it would be insulting to Charles. Now if you meant to be insulting... fine.

if it's just a kind poke, like saying "we all know that Dok is a bit of a rageaholic sometimes" then when the guy gets insulted its like "You Charles I just meant it in a kind way, sorry for the offense." which is what I think was going before everything exploded.

,or if it's just some mistaken words then it's one of those "Sorry Charles I misspoke"

In other words Im not sure if I know what you mean by "nothing at all."
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 24, 2010, 01:25:32 AM

I meant I can see how it would be insulting to Charles. Now if you meant to be insulting... fine.

if it's just a kind poke, like saying "we all know that Dok is a bit of a rageaholic sometimes" then when the guy gets insulted its like "You Charles I just meant it in a kind way, sorry for the offense." which is what I think was going before everything exploded.

,or if it's just some mistaken words then it's one of those "Sorry Charles I misspoke"

Dok implies that CB left because 000 and I made a claim that Peleus is not completely and utterly wrong all of the time. All I say is that something like that should not be enough to drive someone off and cause this stupid argument.

Thurnez Isa

that's not what Im talking about.
and personally Im not if I would blame him on that.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 24, 2010, 01:30:21 AM
that's not what Im talking about.
and personally Im not if I would blame him on that.

Oh. Then what are you talking about?

Thurnez Isa

if I said something to someone that insulted them if they weren't being an ass to me and I didn't want to insult them in that way I probably would have done it different afterwords. That's what Im getting at.

Now to be fair I read that Charley too some pot shots at Cain for no reason, so he's not entirely guiltless here.

Plus single line stupidity is half the board. You have to allow for some bad ideas to get good ideas.

Dante

East Coast Hustle

While I think that leaving PD and/or discontinuing the posting of a promising work in progress are ALWAYS overreactions no matter who we're talking about, I can also see why CB wouldn't have taken very kindly to the discussion in question.

On Peleus' part, that was total dickery.

On Trip's part, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to be insulting (and to me it didn't come across as such), but it's wasy to see how his post got caught up and misinterpreted in the "spirit of the moment", so to speak.

I originally thought that about Risus' post too, but now I'm starting to think he falls somewhere in between Trip's benign chiding and Peleus' unabashed dickery.

And of course, nobody's ego can withstand the utter humiliation of, y'know, just apologizing for being a dick without trying to simultaneously rationalize the dickish behavior (PROTIP: any variation of "I apologize, but..." is not an apology), which might be all that's needed to keep a valuable long-time contributing member of the forum from feeling like all of his efforts are for shit.

Just my 2 cents.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Chairman Risus

For the record, I never meant to insult Dok or CB, and I'm sorry if they feel that way.
I get a little obstinate when I argue and when I mean one thing it can be misinterpreted to mean another.
Also, I drag things on too long over pedantic points. This thread is an excellent example.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 01:28:23 AM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 24, 2010, 01:25:32 AM

Dok implies that CB left because 000 and I made a claim that Peleus is not completely and utterly wrong all of the time. All I say is that something like that should not be enough to drive someone off and cause this stupid argument.

That's not what you said. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 23, 2010, 08:29:18 PM
Nope.  The door was opened, some people chose to walk through, now the entire thing has to play itself out.  In full.

LMNO
-Pattern Recognition.

Looking back on this, I hope you meant this ironically. Otherwise, that's a pretty disheartening thing to actually believe for someone that has been into this Discordian thing for so long.

Chalking it up to "OH WELL I COULDNT HELP IT" or "HAW WE'RE JUST DUMB MONKEYS AND ARE GOING TO ACT THIS WAY ANYWAY" is a cheap excuse and it's the lazy way out.

Recognizing the pattern and doing nothing about it is maybe a bigger problem than those who are entirely ignorant. It means you've willfully made the choice to remain stagnant and therefore become accomplice and a proponent of, to borrow Dobb's terms, being pink.

Sometimes throwing a wrench in the gears of the engine is the only way to stop a bigger wreck.

1) Notice my last post in this thread was four pages ago.

2) Notice that you felt the need to keep this, as you say, "pointless" argument going.

3) Notice, even, that Peleus has been around long enough to know exactly the kind of reaction he would get if he started a thread like this, if he had thought about it for more than 30 seconds; and yet, he did it anyway.

LMNO
-who, exactly, is the dumb monkey here?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Well, I thought the original post was shitty, which is typical of Peleus.  Then when CB was trying to be nice about it, Trip made it prefectly clear how he felt, which was snarky.  Yeah I fucking said it!

I said it was snarky.  I don't care anymore if that makes anyone butthurt.  I apologized to Trip, he threw my apology back in my face.  I don't give a flying fuck about any of the three of them Peleus, Trip or Risus. 

It was a shitty thing to do and if that's the way they want to play, I can be a cuntmongler too and call out every stupid ass post any of them make and ensure it comes to everyone's attention. 

It was done to stir shit, which is about all Peleus is good for.  I truly thought Trip was trying to be at least helpful, until he continued on and on....  Then Risus jumping in eh well.....  It's like I said in that post....

Quote from: Out of Order on August 23, 2010, 02:37:26 PM

Fucking PD if we don't have anything to fucking bitch about we sure as fuck go looking for it don't we?

Doktor Howl

HAHAHAHA!

Remember when I was dumb enough to defend Charley?

:lulz:

<---- CHUMP
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2018, 04:37:00 AM
HAHAHAHA!

<---- CHUMP

Also I forgot how MUCH of a bag of hammers I was.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on August 23, 2010, 08:12:32 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 23, 2010, 08:00:42 PM
Why can't you just argue rationally in the correct thread without attacking me personally?

I'm pretty sure the entire matter at hand is inherently and entirely irrational. 

I am of the opinion that LMNO's response should go in the newsfeed, with no explanation
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Don Coyote on March 21, 2018, 02:09:22 PM
HAHAHAHA!

<---- CHUMP

Also I forgot how MUCH of a bag of hammers I was.

We all were. Well, some of us were. Some still are.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

HAHAHAHA!

<---- CHUMP

He was a good egg at one time. You were not wrong to defend him in this thread, IMO.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman