News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Dracula

Started by Remington, August 25, 2010, 07:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the Oracle Returns!

It was the final day for the villagers of Discordia. Increasingly outnumbered by the vampires amongst them and confused by the multitude of voices that sought to mislead them, they had arrived at the point of no return. Today they would stake a vampire, or they would die.

The deliberations were long and the bickering intense, but Alphapance was eventually chosen to be the one staked. His manipulations had made the villagers suspicious, and he seemed the most logical choice in the position they found themselves in.

Alphapance took his place on the execution stage impassively. The Oracle declared his fate, and made a request. Someone had to carry the execution out.

A few seconds passed before Fred stepped up. "I'll do it," she said in a low voice. The Oracle bit his lip and handed her the stake.

Fred and Alphapance stared at each other, and Alphapance's eyes widened.

"You..."

Fred drove the stake home, plunging it into Alphapance's chest repeatedly. As the crowd watched, the woman brutally eviscerated the Doktor, smiling as she did it.

"And so ends the career of the illustrious Professor Van Helsing," she murmured quietly. Fred gave the stake a final twist, and the famed vampire-hunter dropped to the ground.

"And that, my good people, is that." Fred's face began to twist and elongate as she turned into the dreaded Count. Amongst the crowd, similar transformations were taking place. "Now... who's hungry?"

Vampires Win

Villagers are teh fail

again

Dramatis Personae

Count Dracula: Fred

Van Helsing: Alphapance

Vampire Amdis: Risus

Vampire Xannin: Dr. James Semaj

Vampire Asclan: BDS

Doktor Howl: Doktor Howl
Is it plugged in?

Remington

I really liked the part where the villagers all proxied their votes to the vampires  :lulz:
Is it plugged in?

Rumckle

God dammit, I said it was Fred

I blame you BDS and Risus!  :argh!:
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Triple Zero

Sorry Sigmatic, I was wrong. :(
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Remington on September 08, 2010, 07:26:19 AM
I really liked the part where the villagers all proxied their votes to the vampires  :lulz:

We didn't mind so much, either. Personally, I was just glad no one noticed I was calling to stake Fred after the first biting.

Freeky

LMNO

I would like to point out that I was right.

Freeky

Yeah well, there were only two or three people still playing and hadn't ditched the game who were still human.

Proxy votes: Officially The Most Retarded And Game Breaking Thing Ever. :|

LMNO

Not even; it was the proxy that tipped me off to Semaj being a vamp.  I was bluffing about the vignettes leaving clues.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 08, 2010, 03:39:04 PM
Not even; it was the proxy that tipped me off to Semaj being a vamp.  I was bluffing about the vignettes leaving clues.

But still, if we had just had some absent votes, rather than peope giving their votes to unknowns (kiariansalee), you might not be dead.

LMNO

Either way, I still think the main stumbling block for this game is the complete lack of evidence, hints, or clues from which we can deduce who's who (or what).

And it's blatantly obvious that anyone who posts is accused; I was trying to get people talking just to glean a semblance of a clue so I could know who to protect and maybe out a vamp, but instead everyone got suspicious.

So, it looks like the best strategy truly is to just ignore the thread.

Doktor Howl

:lulz:

From now on, Fred is automatically suspect.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 08, 2010, 04:10:52 PM
Either way, I still think the main stumbling block for this game is the complete lack of evidence, hints, or clues from which we can deduce who's who (or what).

And it's blatantly obvious that anyone who posts is accused; I was trying to get people talking just to glean a semblance of a clue so I could know who to protect and maybe out a vamp, but instead everyone got suspicious.

So, it looks like the best strategy truly is to just ignore the thread.

Or go back to "Classic" werewolf.
Molon Lube

LMNO

True; the addition of a psychic is a good one.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 08, 2010, 04:41:22 PM
True; the addition of a psychic is a good one.

Also, it's good to get bit, because then you're technically on the winning side no matter what.
Molon Lube