News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Great Firewall for make glorious U.S. internets!

Started by Hoser McRhizzy, September 27, 2010, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I think that cyber warfare terrifies a lot of military / gov people. We've never seen a real cyber war, we don't really know what it'll look like or what it'll involve. An optimistic part of me suspects that a massive national firewall aims at protecting us from stuff like botnet attacks and stuxnet style viruses which target commercial or industrial processes.

Cain

I think if it terrified them, they'd actually take it seriously.  Instead, they're making big bucks off of the vague nature of the threats cyberwarfare may produce (scenarios probably invented by Hollywood screenwriters, and not anyone involved in hacking or creating cyberwarfare capabilities).

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cramulus on October 08, 2010, 03:27:30 PM
I think that cyber warfare terrifies a lot of military / gov people. We've never seen a real cyber war, we don't really know what it'll look like or what it'll involve. An optimistic part of me suspects that a massive national firewall aims at protecting us from stuff like botnet attacks and stuxnet style viruses which target commercial or industrial processes.

Of course it scares them. I remember something on the news awhile back about the plan that would be put in place if a cyber-attack were to occur.

The plan was literally to go on TV and tell people to unplug their computers. THAT WAS THE ENTIRE PLAN.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!