News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Government now has right to track you using GPS

Started by Adios, August 25, 2010, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Thought of this thread when I read it.
American student finds GPS tracker stuck to car, FBI shows up to reclaim its 'federal property'
QuoteMechanics spot strange things stuck under cars all the time, but when 20-year-old Yasir Afifi's ride was put up on lifts his shop found something that hadn't been kicked up from the road: a cylindrical tube connected to a device with an antenna. An extremely paranoid person would think they'd found a bomb, but the truth isn't much better. It was an FBI tracking device. Afifi posted pictures and his story on Reddit  while a friend contemplated cunning things to do with it, sticking it to someone else's car or selling it on Craigslist. They didn't have long to ponder before long two "sneaky-looking" people were spotted outside his apartment. Afifi got in his car and drove off, only to be pulled over by FBI agents who demanded the device back, threatening "We're going to make this much more difficult for you if you don't cooperate."

Now, we've already given our opinions on using GPS technology like this and, while it's unknown whether these agents had a warrant to place this device, the 9th US Court of Appeals recently made one unnecessary for this sort of thing. The ACLU is working with Afifi to fight that ruling, and for now we're hoping that he, who is an American with an Egyptian father, is currently able to hit the town without agents following his every move. However, at this point they may not need a tracker: one agent who retrieved the device took the time to list off his favorite restaurants and even congratulated him on his new job.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

E.O.T.

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 27, 2010, 06:52:40 AM
Quote from: Jenne on August 27, 2010, 03:41:22 AM
I had a big long post, but fuck it.  You're right, Nigel, most poor are White.

Sigh. That's not even the point I was trying to correct. The point I was trying to correct was that in the USA, most brown people are not in fact poor.

I BLAME

the north.

AND ALSO

what do you mean by poor and most?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

E.O.T.

:mittens:
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 27, 2010, 04:50:08 AM
Quote from: Nigel on August 26, 2010, 10:05:45 PM
So, is the upshot of all of that, Jenne and Khara, that you are still insisting that "most" minorities in the United States are impoverished?

Why? Is it just to be "right" about something that could easily have been blown off as merely a poor choice of wording?

Because I'm starting to be pretty fucking offended.

Hush you poor smudgy person, we just want to help you.  Now admit that you are poor.
:mittens:
"a good fight justifies any cause"