News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Government now has right to track you using GPS

Started by Adios, August 25, 2010, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

I know for a fact that they were doing this back as far as 2001.  

Adios

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 25, 2010, 07:49:49 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 25, 2010, 07:47:26 PM
A fence is not that difficult or expensive to put up.  It is kind of a pain in the butt to have to open a gate every time you pull into your driveway.  Having driveway gates (which can be as simple as a length of barbwire that you pull aside to get into your driveway) going up across suburbia would be greatly amusing.

I'm also curious what happens when some media sort plants a GPS on a rich person's car when it is not in their protected driveway.  

That just pushes the burden down to people who live in apartments if it becomes widespread though.

Apartments parking areas are public, that's not something that anyone can change.  Security conscious apartment dwellers need to check their cars for GPS locators I guess.  I wonder what the penalties for tampering/removing/attaching to a bus is.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Don Coyote

It's ok Citizens. The Government has your best interests at heart. Ignore that group of Bureaucrats clustered around that CCTV of your house. Also ignore that large box of tissue and the over flowing trashcan. We are not stalking you Citizen. We are following you out of love.

Jenne

They never say they "love" us...just that they want us "safe."  You know, in case the smudgies come to fuck up our chi.  Then ol' Uncle Samworthy will deport 'em, making THEM safe.

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on August 25, 2010, 09:14:37 PM
They never say they "love" us...just that they want us "safe."  You know, in case the smudgies come to fuck up our chi.  Then ol' Uncle Samworthy will deport 'em, making THEM safe.

Hawk,
on his way to the tanning booth.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenne on August 25, 2010, 09:14:37 PM

The State wants us safe because the State Loves us. We are the children of the State, and we should consider ourselves fortunate that the State loves us enough to track our every movements.

Jenne

Naw, I'm tellin' you, the state doesn't say it LOVES us.  The state says, "You love your CHILDREN and want THEM to be safe?  You love your CUNTRY, and you want IT to be safe to live in?  With your CHILDREN? 

THEN GIVE US ALL YOUR RIGHTS, CITIZEN, SO WE CAN KEEP YOU FREEEEEE!"

Has nothing to do with how much gummament "loves" us.  Gummament just wants us SAFE, and FREE, and DOING all the RIGHT things for their "RIGHT" reasons.

Don Coyote

I see fellow Citizen. We don't need all these silly rights, so long as we do the right things.

Jenne

Exactly, there's nothing to fear if you do all the RIGHT things.

Big Brother just wants you safe.

When you sleep, and your children sleep, you can rest assured that Big Brother is NOT resting, but forever searching, and seizing. 

For your protection.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

So they don't need a warrant to tail someone and I can see the argument that this is just tailing someone sans humans. (Still disagree that my driveway is somehow not Private) In the end though, if we declare driveways as Private, they'll just tail us to the grocery store and stick it on while we're shopping.

Adams and Jefferson are probably telling old King George that they're sorry for bothering with that waste of time Revolution.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 25, 2010, 08:41:45 PM
That doesn't make it okay.

Oh I never once thought it was ok, just saying, this is not something new. 

Thurnez Isa

:sad:
This is horrible news for strip clubs, fetish shops and preachers wanting to go to a good old peep show and do some meth.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 25, 2010, 10:01:25 PM
This is horrible news for strip clubs, fetish shops and preachers wanting to go to a good old peep show and do some meth.

After all, if government agents can track people with secretly planted GPS devices virtually anytime they want, without having to go to a court for a warrant, we are one step closer to a classic police state — with technology taking on the role of the KGB or the East German Stasi.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 25, 2010, 10:25:56 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 25, 2010, 10:01:25 PM

After all, if government agents can track people with secretly planted GPS devices virtually anytime they want, without having to go to a court for a warrant, we are one step closer to a classic police state — with technology taking on the role of the KGB or the East German Stasi.

The guy who invents a face-stomping machine will be one rich motherfucker.
Molon Lube