News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Government now has right to track you using GPS

Started by Adios, August 25, 2010, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

link-o?

ETA: THX, Sig..

Requia ☣

I want one, not cause I think the cops are tailing me, but because I want to shut off the TomTom of the guy next to me in traffic.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2010, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: Risus on August 26, 2010, 09:14:40 PM
Forgive me if this has already come up, but if a police agency is putting a tracking device on your car, wouldn't they already have a warrant to enter your property anyway?

No.  That's the whole point.

Alright. Didn't see that part.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, is the upshot of all of that, Jenne and Khara, that you are still insisting that "most" minorities in the United States are impoverished?

Why? Is it just to be "right" about something that could easily have been blown off as merely a poor choice of wording?

Because I'm starting to be pretty fucking offended.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on August 26, 2010, 10:05:45 PM
So, is the upshot of all of that, Jenne and Khara, that you are still insisting that "most" minorities in the United States are impoverished?

Why? Is it just to be "right" about something that could easily have been blown off as merely a poor choice of wording?

So I think rather than most minorities are poor, maybe it should have been stated as most poor are minorities? Would you agree Nigel?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Don Coyote

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 26, 2010, 09:38:31 PM
I want one, not cause I think the cops are tailing me, but because I want to shut off the TomTom of the guy next to me in traffic.

I almost spat out my burger all over. Thanks  :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 26, 2010, 10:09:46 PM

So I think rather than most minorities are poor, maybe it should have been stated as most poor are minorities? Would you agree Nigel?

No, that is also incorrect. The correct statement is that a higher percentage of minority populations are poor compared to the percentage of the white population. By sheer numbers, most poor people are white. 
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

This thread is now about which race is the poorest PER CAPITA.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm not trying to redirect the thread, I just really have a peeve against massively incorrect stereotypes like "most brown people are low-income" and "most brown people are undereducated" and "most brown people are gang members" etc.

Yes, there are serious social inequities and they need to be addressed, but the word "most" is rarely accurate, unless you are saying "most brown people are working or middle-class and have at least a high-school diploma".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I will, however, go right out on a limb and say that "most brown people, like most white people, don't really understand statistics".

Adios

Jenne

I had a big long post, but fuck it.  You're right, Nigel, most poor are White.

Jenne

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 26, 2010, 09:38:31 PM

THIS.  I hate those things.

BabylonHoruv

Hush you poor smudgy person, we just want to help you.  Now admit that you are poor.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl