News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

My favorite conversationalist

Started by Babes in Tongland, September 15, 2010, 07:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babes in Tongland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qze5aDA02tE

'crumpet' is the same internationally. If it were not so, I would have told you.
Go on. Look at me. Look at my eyes. I'll kill you. Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and my eyes get bigger and bigger. And I'm like a tiger. I like tigers. Rrrrah!

Payne

There is a bar in Peebles where Olly Reed once drank. The chair he sat in is cordoned off like a museum exhibit. I intend one day to drink there, as if on pilgrammage.

He's like a patron saint of drunk bastards everywhere, and I think he probably shares at least part of his genetic structure with our own beloved P3nT.

Babes in Tongland

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on September 15, 2010, 10:10:59 AM
There is a bar in Peebles where Olly Reed once drank. The chair he sat in is cordoned off like a museum exhibit. I intend one day to drink there, as if on pilgrammage.

He's like a patron saint of drunk bastards everywhere, and I think he probably shares at least part of his genetic structure with our own beloved P3nT.

I absolutely must go there. Peebles, here I come!
Go on. Look at me. Look at my eyes. I'll kill you. Sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and my eyes get bigger and bigger. And I'm like a tiger. I like tigers. Rrrrah!

Payne

Quote from: Babes in Tongland on September 15, 2010, 01:03:07 PM

In the interest of disclosure, Peebles is a fuckin' pit. And I've never seen the chair in question, I have only heard myths and other spiritualisms from the poor denizens of Peebles.

But a holy mission is holy mission.

Babes in Tongland

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on September 15, 2010, 01:07:52 PM

In the interest of disclosure, Peebles is a fuckin' pit. And I've never seen the chair in question, I have only heard myths and other spiritualisms from the poor denizens of Peebles.

Oh well, that's never stopped me from going places before!

I know someone from there and he's a pretty maladjusted miserable person, heh.

Payne

Quote from: Babes in Tongland on September 15, 2010, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on September 15, 2010, 01:07:52 PM

Oh well, that's never stopped me from going places before!

I know someone from there and he's a pretty maladjusted miserable person, heh.

Yeah, I knew a guy called Big Kev from Peebles, he was a misanthrope who measured about 8 on the Dok Howl Scale. And every aspect of his personality seemed to be drier than the sahara.

It was he who first told me of the Olly Reed Chair.