News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

The Kaousuu Weather Network: Hurricane Earl

Started by Suu, August 30, 2010, 02:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 31, 2010, 12:34:58 AM
So when do we get the fiery oil/lightning storms Michael Bay promised us?

Bump.  Why haven't we heard anything about what Earl is doing to the BP plume that made it around the tip of Florida?

AFK

Because, Lindsay Lohan just got out of jail/rehab/whatever and posed for a magazine spread.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

probably because Earl isn't coming anywhere close to Florida.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

INVINCIBLE!

Also- there isn't much being said about any oil in the gulf now. Probably because of what RWHN said.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 31, 2010, 12:56:28 PM

Bump.  Why haven't we heard anything about what Earl is doing to the BP plume that made it around the tip of Florida?

Americans have short attention spans. Or at least our media does. I guess lingering ecological damage isn't interesting to them
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Feh.  I saw that new Spike Lee Documentary about New Orleans, "If the Creek Don't Rise", and the last third of it talks about the oil spill.  It depressed the ever-living fuck out of me.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Blight on August 31, 2010, 04:14:06 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 31, 2010, 12:56:28 PM

Americans have short attention spans. Or at least our media does. I guess lingering ecological damage isn't interesting to them

fuck ecology. I want to hear about the next biggest loser who threw away her life for drugs and parties.

oh wait...fuck that whore. bring on the oil spill coverage.

Suu

I'm still sick as hell, and we've got forecast models putting it right over us on Saturday now, since he's slowing down.  :kingmeh:

I'm planning on leaving work as early as possible on Friday and getting down to South County to get SOME readings and photos before evac'ing back to Providence...or most likely, crashing in Warren, drinking way too much and watching it roll in from East Bay. They say it's only going to be a Cat 2 when it hits us, but if the hurricane barrier for whatever reason fails, or it's a Cat 4 still, Providence will go under, and I'll be stranded with no power and little food on a hill in the ghetto.

Any news on the family, ECH?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

family is OK, house is OK, trees are still standing though any fruit that was left on them is gone.

I've been informed that once we dock, we will have one day to restock and unload before we have to flee upriver as the new projections seem to indicate that our normal berth may not be as safe as our insurance company would like.

We need to invent some sort of hurricane drinking game.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, if the Bourne and Sagamore bridges aren't closed I'm still hitting the Cape.  Hurricane party sounds like my own unique brand of stupid.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

You're safer in New Bedford.

God I can't believe I actually just said that.

East Coast Hustle

Doktor Howl

This is what happens when you abandon Eris' Holy City, Suu.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 31, 2010, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: Doktor Princess on August 31, 2010, 10:31:30 PM
You're safer in New Bedford.

newsfeed.

:lulz:

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2010, 11:23:58 PM
This is what happens when you abandon Eris' Holy City, Suu.

Eris's Holy City is Providence. That IS why we're getting the fucking storm.