News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughin Jude

Quote from: BadBeast on April 06, 2011, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: Laughin Jude on April 06, 2011, 03:34:36 AM
I would also like to point out that I had to look up who Charlie Daniels is.
Isn't that an IP Banning offence? (I'm Engrish, and I know who Charlie Manson Daniels is)
Related story in the "I have no clue when it comes to pop culture" vein:

When I was a freshman in high school, for whatever reason I believed that "Charlie's Angels" referred to Charles Manson's female followers. I was very surprised to learn it had been a TV show.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Laughin Jude on April 06, 2011, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on April 06, 2011, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: Laughin Jude on April 06, 2011, 03:34:36 AM
I would also like to point out that I had to look up who Charlie Daniels is.
Isn't that an IP Banning offence? (I'm Engrish, and I know who Charlie Manson Daniels is)
Related story in the "I have no clue when it comes to pop culture" vein:

When I was a freshman in high school, for whatever reason I believed that "Charlie's Angels" referred to Charles Manson's female followers. I was very surprised to learn it had been a TV show.

:x

Fucking just shoot me now.

BadBeast

The series, "Charlie's Angels" was indeed inspired (loosely) by the Manson Family. This much is true....
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Scribbly

So because I don't think I've ever actually shared this info on here before. HAI! I am Demolition_Squid (not to be confused with Squiddy). I used to be Kai Wren, but I didn't want to be confused with Kai. I mostly lurk, but I'm going to be trying to change that. First, a hideous picture, because I have a webcam now! This is the only picture of me on the internet, taken just for you PD.com!

Demographic info your age, where you live, etc [Yes, we're counting all of these facts as one "thing"]

22, A tiny village outside London which sprung up in order to support a train station to London. (It is called Little Chalfont. Surprisingly it is not a very large place).

Professional Info - your job, what you're studying (if in school), etc

At the end of last year I graduated with a degree in Political Science. After around six months of failing to find work, two weeks ago I found some! I am an Editorial Research ... Intern. I don't get paid yet, but I will start getting paid at the end of May. I work from home, which is nice, but I also seem expected to know exactly what I'm doing. Which, defeats the point of an internship if you ask me. On the other hand, I also seem to be impressing folk all over the place, so that's good. It is unbelievably uplifting to finally be doing something again. I hate being idle.

What you like to do in your free time

I like writing, though I make a lot of stupid mistakes which bug me later. I spend a lot of time roleplaying, usually as a GM. One of my friends commented idly whilst I was unemployed that I was probably using it as an escape. Which I think was true, and I didn't like hearing much, so I've cut back a lot on that.

I paint miniatures (badly), sometimes play computer games if I can find ones worth playing, read books. Oh, and I lurk at PD.com. I hate not doing anything, and I can't generally concentrate on one thing at a time. Which is why I think I relied on RP so much, you can always be doodling away with something.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?

All of them. I've started to really hate the news media in the past year or so, mostly due to Charlie Brooker's amazing skewering of them (which I think I found via PD.com to begin with). I am terrible with graphics/layouts, though I did try postering my village years ago.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her?

I read the Illuminatus! Trilogy on holiday, and when I was finished I stuck Discordian into google. I went through The Discordian Society (I wonder if that still exists...) and POEE, and eventually wound up here. I looked deeply into the eyes of a wolf, and it was a life changing experience. When I finally recovered, I was almost finished with university and this whole place had changed a lot from how I remembered.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Pope Pixie Pickle

LMNO

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on April 12, 2011, 07:45:54 AM
So because I don't think I've ever actually shared this info on here before. HAI! I am Demolition_Squid (not to be confused with Squiddy). I used to be Kai Wren, but I didn't want to be confused with Kai.

I suggest your next name change should be "LNMO".  You know, so no one confuses you with anyone else.

Scribbly

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Scribbly

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Luna

First pic on the internet, and he gives it to THIS lot?   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 12, 2011, 03:54:34 PM
First pic on the internet, and he gives it to THIS lot?   :lulz:

Can't fault him for guts.

Hey, Demosquid!  Gimme one with horrible screaming rage, or stark terror.  Your choice.