News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Qədic

Well, it took me almost a month to find out this thread exists, so I guess that speaks to how new I am  :lulz:

Demographic: 20 year old trans girl out in the beach waffle/colonized desert we call Millennial World™ California. I've been a Discordian since before I learned the word, and manifested my interest in Eris through the weird-but-personalizable spaggotry that is eclectic paganism for a while before thinking for myself, reading the PD, etc., and now here I am.

Professional: I'm a quarter and a half into my first year of college with sophomore standing, undeclared for now.

Free time: Watching YouTube videos of anything from art tutorials to vidya games (gameplay and game design) to shitty Reddit post readings; love a good book, haven't read one in ages.

Topics&Projects: My Discordia is all about proliferating free thinking and encouraging creativity to make a positive impact in life, so things like Egg and PosterGASM seem real attractive. I might just put some posters around my campus, or participate in an Erister some day. I also plan on making a digital collage about Eris stealing the golden apple from the garden of the Hesperides, so that'll be fun to cobble together when I find the time and enough copyleft pictures.

Finding Eris: Vague interest in the Greek myths, found the story of the start of the Trojan War, and I've been chasing that golden apple that got tossed into my life ever since.

Pic:https://imgur.com/a/uW5zLog
Me with a collage or is it an assemblage? A bricolage? Art is weird that just screams Discordianism to me.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

hey thar, I really like that collage

Al Qədic

Quote from: Cramulus on February 06, 2019, 05:26:22 PM
hey thar, I really like that collage
Glad to hear it, Cram. Here's a better picture of it (and another artwork made for us by an artist friend of ours; yes, it's on a turtle/tortoise shell) for your viewing pleasure: https://imgur.com/a/3AaIKlC
Gotta say, I couldn't ask for anything weirder to go above my desk or in our hallway. Love it.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Fujikoma

I forget if I posted recently, but then I took a several month break, so in true idiot fashion I may as well again.

I recently turned 39, behind me, I see the smoking ruins of uncountable missed and/or destroyed opportunities. I observe this impassively, as I've gotten old enough to realize, I shouldn't really care so much. All is doomed to eventual failure, even if I'd done the right thing, the wrong outcome would have been the result. I see a world that is buckling under the pressure of ideas that are so bad they may as well be shock humor. It would be concerning, yet, this is the pattern, this is how it always was, and always will be.

I am a 39 year old man-child who thinks fart humor still has a place in society, despite all indications to the contrary. I cry a lot, a LOT, even though I ought to know better. I get drunk out of my gourd because the temporary relief from having to "think", when I can live in my fantasy world where we're all magical love-ponies with special powers is so much more compelling than the stark reality of the situation as well as the actualization of any base instincts. I sometimes forget to eat, this may go on a while, and I usually discover it's been too long when my tendons cause my appendages to bend the wrong way due to being cannibalized. It's icky and hurts. I still insist there's "hope", but I'm not sure even I believe that bullshit anymore.