News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2010, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 01, 2010, 10:42:15 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 01, 2010, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on October 01, 2010, 09:43:20 PM
I save any Ammonita for myself. That stuff's hard to beat. As for Aconite, anything with "Wolf" in it's name is too life changing.

Amanita Muscaria? Or one with less vomiting and temporary paralysis? Do you find it fun? If yes, fun in what way?

Less death would be nice, too.

It's not one of the deadly species... if you eat enough of them without drying or blanching them first, they usually make you nauseous, but they won't kill you. Dried, they usually produce nausea and make you very sleepy, and you may find that your body goes into sleep paralysis even though you're awake.

I've never ever heard anyone describe them as "fun" before, though. They grow all over the damn place here, the size of a dinner plate. Good eating if you blanch them properly first, but that's a lot of work. It does have the added benefit of flushing out the maggots, though.

http://www.williamrubel.com/mushrooms/amanita-muscaria

I had thought they were deadly.  Heh.

I am a vast repository of incorrect facts.

:lulz:  You and I, we are a perfect team!

That is a very popular incorrect fact, actually. I'm not sure where it came from... possibly from The Man, as a plot to Keep Us Down?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 01, 2010, 11:49:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2010, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 01, 2010, 10:42:15 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 01, 2010, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on October 01, 2010, 09:43:20 PM
I save any Ammonita for myself. That stuff's hard to beat. As for Aconite, anything with "Wolf" in it's name is too life changing.

Amanita Muscaria? Or one with less vomiting and temporary paralysis? Do you find it fun? If yes, fun in what way?

Less death would be nice, too.

It's not one of the deadly species... if you eat enough of them without drying or blanching them first, they usually make you nauseous, but they won't kill you. Dried, they usually produce nausea and make you very sleepy, and you may find that your body goes into sleep paralysis even though you're awake.

I've never ever heard anyone describe them as "fun" before, though. They grow all over the damn place here, the size of a dinner plate. Good eating if you blanch them properly first, but that's a lot of work. It does have the added benefit of flushing out the maggots, though.

http://www.williamrubel.com/mushrooms/amanita-muscaria

I had thought they were deadly.  Heh.

I am a vast repository of incorrect facts.

:lulz:  You and I, we are a perfect team!

That is a very popular incorrect fact, actually. I'm not sure where it came from... possibly from The Man, as a plot to Keep Us Down?

Which one is Hardy?
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 01, 2010, 03:26:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 01, 2010, 03:03:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 01, 2010, 02:57:17 PM
AlgaeWolf the Lichenthrope.

:putin:

Out of curiosity, what's the appropriate use of this emote?

Use it sparingly however.  It loses it's punch when you go putin it in every post.

Yeah, fuck you, you should've seen that fucker russian towards your face!

Oh fucK!  Did you fucking see that?  I did it again!  Mutually Assured Punstruction!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Incidentally, did anyone hear about how Putin recently promoted a former chef to the Defense Ministry?

Yeah, he's been put in charge of the Miso Defense System.

Jasper

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 02, 2010, 12:47:37 AM
Incidentally, did anyone hear about how Putin recently promoted a former chef to the Defense Ministry?

You'll pay for that.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Sometimes I hate you.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Telarus

The thing with Amanita Muscaria (especially here in the NW), is that there are multiple sub-species that have look-alikes which will accidentally your whole liver or other organs. Death usually takes _days_, accompanied by massive vomiting and diarrhea. They're easier to tell apart when fresh, but after they've been dried they're really similar.

Amanita Muscaria Var. Formosa (Shaman's/Beserker's Mushroom, local Oregon variant species):

Amanita Pantheria (much more muscimol and ibotenic acid than A. Muscaria. WILL fuck your liver and probably require hospitalization)

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Disco Pickle

I am in awe of your powers RWHN..

reading your posts on this board is the most pun I've ever had in my life.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

AFK

I'm like Jesus.

Except Dry and Corny. 

AFK

AFK

Well, Christix probably would work better.  But even then, it's a bit of a stretch. 

Don Coyote

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 02, 2010, 03:47:48 AM
Well, Christix probably would work better.  But even then, it's a bit of a stretch. 
I know. Best I could come up with my current state of impairment.