News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xicked

Hello, all :)

Demographic info I'm 30 and live in Vancouver, BC.

Professional Info I've been a massage therapist for 7 years.  I rent a room in a clinic, so I get to reap all of the benefits of working for myself and none of the responsibilities of owning a business.

What you like to do in your free time Walking, hiking, reading, poker... I spend too much time playing poker.  I'm trying to cut back, because it really brings out the worst in me, but I love the game.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?Anatomy & physiology, DNA, mysticism, BIP

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? I first learned about Discordianism a few years ago (through that - - uhh..  un-named Pagan site), and while I'm not Discordian, it might be the only religion that makes any practical sense.  It's taken me a long time to sign up here, mostly because I'm not the most social person in the world, but lately I've been craving interaction with like-minded people and, well, this is a real nice place you've got here.

Payne

Demographic info 26 year old male. Southampton, England. (Formerly of The Great Scottish Empire)

Professional Info Freelance Bum, Domestic Help for Pixie. Motherfucking Messiah, and PD.coms resident Holy ManTM.

What I like to do in my free time As little as possible, for as long as possible. Internetting, computer gaming, and smoking far more tobacco than is reasonable. Spiritual Guidance of my followers

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? Getting a god damn job, to fund my megalomaniacal plans. I want a fucking Theocracy, bitches - with me as the Big Cheese.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? I thought "man, I could do just a good a job as that on my own time". And then I did. It's easy.

Armond

Demographic info: I am male age 19 living in southern Connecticut

Professional Info I don't have a job and am still going to school at SCSU

What I like to do in my free time? Vida games, Practis magick (laugh all you want), drive around for no reason, surf interwebs

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? Whatever happens to catch my interest in the moment 

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? at age 15 i was stumbling through a bunch of chaos magic texts and found Principia Discordia mixed in, i donut remember what i did with enough fun inducers you cant remember shit thats part of the fun.

............something somethin.... O fuck it  HIII
There are no ordinary moments.

Adios

Doktor Howl

Xicked is pretty.  Reminds me of Squiddy.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2010, 06:03:04 PM

I agree. What is with all the Discordian Hawtness lately?

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Adios

Quote from: vexati0n on September 06, 2010, 06:05:58 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 06:04:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2010, 06:03:04 PM

I agree. What is with all the Discordian Hawtness lately?

Better genes.

I knew cleaning the gene pool would work one day!

Payne

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Demographic info 27. Portland, OR

Professional Info Graphic Designer

What you like to do in your free time I don't have a lot of it but when I do sometimes I don't do anything at all because I'm pulled in so many directions. Off the top of my head here... spend time with my wee little babe and girlfriend, nap, analyze typography, production of all sorts of printed goods, research interdisciplinary sciences (though especially neurology, psychology, social psychology, nonverbal communication, and facial expression), work out my brain with difficult convoluted legal and philosophical concepts, hypnosis, bicycling, photography, linoleum/wood block printing, pen and ink drawings, sketch profane and obscene horrors, look at street art, hike in the wilderness, kayak, canoe, terrorize my parents for their academic bullshit (I thought I grew out of that but it was just a phase), work myself into delirious emotional states using pinealism—then unpacking the personal meaning to see what my mind is trying to hide from me, infiltrate parties, uh, that's probably good.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? Things unfit to be posted in a public forum/also see above.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? I'm a horrendously curious person and for a few years I just gave it free reign to get sucked into any idea I was aversive to, but especially as these ideas manifested in influential people, such as anarchists, occultists, highly religious people, right wing nuts, socially awkward people, thugs, a few particular kinds of people I must KMFMS about, libertarians, heavy drug users, and frumpy old people who sometimes were younger than me. Then, I pulled my head out of her anus which she had trapped me in and tried to run away as fast as possible, though to no avail.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Sir Squid Diddimus

Cramulus

Quote from: Armond on September 06, 2010, 05:55:49 PM

Demographic info: I am male age 19 living in southern Connecticut

Professional Info I don't have a job and am still going to school at SCSU

What I like to do in my free time? Vida games, Practis magick (laugh all you want), drive around for no reason, surf interwebs

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? Whatever happens to catch my interest in the moment 

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? at age 15 i was stumbling through a bunch of chaos magic texts and found Principia Discordia mixed in, i donut remember what i did with enough fun inducers you cant remember shit thats part of the fun.

............something somethin.... O fuck it  HIII

southern ct?
That's cool, always nice to see more spags in our neck of the woods. I grew up in fairfield, now I'm living in westchester NY.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Xicked on September 06, 2010, 10:49:25 AM
Hello, all :)

Demographic info I'm 30 and live in Vancouver, BC.

Professional Info I've been a massage therapist for 7 years.  I rent a room in a clinic, so I get to reap all of the benefits of working for myself and none of the responsibilities of owning a business.

What you like to do in your free time Walking, hiking, reading, poker... I spend too much time playing poker.  I'm trying to cut back, because it really brings out the worst in me, but I love the game.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?Anatomy & physiology, DNA, mysticism, BIP

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? I first learned about Discordianism a few years ago (through that - - uhh..  un-named Pagan site), and while I'm not Discordian, it might be the only religion that makes any practical sense.  It's taken me a long time to sign up here, mostly because I'm not the most social person in the world, but lately I've been craving interaction with like-minded people and, well, this is a real nice place you've got here.

btw i feel i need to take this opportunity to say,

:fap:
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Xicked

Heh, thanks - and yes, alcohol is the key.   :mrgreen:

The Great Pope of OUTSIDE

Hello all!

Demographics: I'm less than immortal, and I live somewhere in the region of the southern boonies (but don't tell anyone, I'm a Yankee at heart).

Professional Info: Nothing as of yet. Haven't gotten into college, and haven't actually started working at anything I actually WANT to work at the rest of my life. So far I've only gotten one hourly job just to help pay for college when I get into it. I fully intend to be a writer though, in the realm of journalist/novelist.

Free time: What little free time I have is usually spent surfing the interwebs, specifically deviantART, talking to friends, and writing, usually in that order. Sometimes playing video games if I'm interested in one, but I haven't gotten a new system since PS2, so you can imagine most of the games I have are pretty old.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? I'm not a part of any Discordian project, and I don't expect that will change until I'm securely in college. However, I did really like reading BIP, that was actually more interesting to me than PD itself, although I found both very interesting (more on that later.) Mainly the only project I'm interested in right now is getting into college. After that I'll let you know.

How did you find Eris and what did you do to her once you found her? The internet is a wonderful thing. The first hint I saw of Discordianism was a little blip on a bumper sticker on dA, which pretty much lists every religion in existence, one of which being Discordianism. Being bored and interested, I checked it out on Wiki, where I simultaneously laughed at it and also found it very intriguing, sometimes in the same remarks. From there it was short work until I found a copy of Principia Discordia and Black Iron Prison, both of which I liked but BIP I loved. Aaaaand shortly after that I looked up PD forums on google, and figured the forum labeled "worst forum on the internet" was the one I was looking for. Turns out, I was right. :)

Woe is me that it truly IS the worst forum on the internets! D8! So....I guess I'll be a lurker a little longer, until I can figure out where to insert myself the most painfully and with the least resistance. Haha

There are times when I imagine God laughing until it cries, shouting, "I am going to fuck ALL your minds over, and you're going to pay me for it!"