News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

"a good fight justifies any cause"

Juana

Nope. Central California.

Quote from: Lysergic on November 18, 2010, 05:46:53 AM
Just Justin. lol.
We have several Justins, so we must differentiate between them. He's the overtly metal one.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cramulus

hey geekdad welcome aboard

what kind of game are you wearing that armor for in your avatar?

BadBeast

Quote from: geekdad on November 18, 2010, 04:13:34 AM
Demographic info - 30, M, Columbus Ohio

Professional Info - I work for an ISP, the job isn't bad but is way too orderly for me.

What you like to do in your free time - raise my 1 year old, attempt to write the next groundbreaking cyberpunk novel (yearight) :roll:

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? Anything really as long as it's interesting.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? I found the PD a long time ago but did nothing, and promptly forgot. I found Eris' breadcrumbs over in the *chans (4chan etc), but grew up, out, and away from their philosophy. I am writing a book and happened to be doing research on Eris, and here I am. I'm still completely new to Discordian philosophies, but they seem to align, at least in practice, so some of the other websites I used to goto. I am currently working my way through the discordian classics.

Seems like we've got alive one here! Welcome Geekdad.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

geekdad

Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2010, 02:50:28 PM

lol.. it's not mine... Wish it was though.

I do LARP but only for fun and beating people up... role players take it too seriously for me.
Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

geekdad

Quote from: Hover Cat on November 18, 2010, 05:21:28 AM
You kind of look like my friend Justin. :) Welcome, gd.

Actually I'm Jason, so you were close.

geekdad

Cramulus

Quote from: geekdad on November 19, 2010, 12:08:52 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2010, 02:50:28 PM

lol.. it's not mine... Wish it was though.

I do LARP but only for fun and beating people up... role players take it too seriously for me.

cool - what game do you play?

I do both RP games (nero, madrigal) and pure foam combat games. I haven't made it out to a dagohir event with my friends yet but I run a foam sword tournament at Connecticon every year.

geekdad

Quote from: Cramulus on November 19, 2010, 12:35:00 AM

I do both RP games (nero, madrigal) and pure foam combat games. I haven't made it out to a dagohir event with my friends yet but I run a foam sword tournament at Connecticon every year.

The ass end of LARPing... Amtgard

We're not so much for having fun, more of attempting to hurt each other badly in safe ways.

Cramulus

Jasper

That's cool too.  Sometimes you don't want to have a meaningful interaction with someone quite as much as you'd rather beat the mortal shit out of them with big sticks.

Don Coyote

Quote from: geekdad on November 19, 2010, 12:38:01 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 19, 2010, 12:35:00 AM

The ass end of LARPing... Amtgard

We're not so much for having fun, more of attempting to hurt each other badly in safe ways.

DIAMFF!!! :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY LARPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasper

Maybe it's fun.  I have heard of such a thing, in esoteric texts.  It is when you are not wishing you and everyone else was dead.

No, I don't understand either.

geekdad

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 19, 2010, 01:05:11 AM
DIAMFF!!! :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY LARPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to fear I haven't been able to do it in a while, new baby and all..

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 19, 2010, 01:08:17 AM
Maybe it's fun.  I have heard of such a thing, in esoteric texts.  It is when you are not wishing you and everyone else was dead.

No, I don't understand either.

When the purge starts. You will be the first. I shall weather the hail of rice-wrapped-in-handkerchiefs, and shall suffer the sting of foam as I mete out a fury of oak and hickory and ash. Your magic missiles shall avail thee not. Your orcish hordes and roman legions shall scatter before me like song birds before a hawk. Oh yes, it will be a glorious slaughter.