News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Quote from: 3lizab3th on January 25, 2011, 11:48:17 PM
Either way, if I am a troll, I want you all to throw all the crap at me you can (and I realize just how stupid and insane saying that is...).
After all, even a troll could be a fairly decent person after head trauma induced amnesia....

Well, maybe...

A Troll?  :aaa:  in PD?  Nah,  I've heard of such things happening now and again,  mostly just rumours and stuff,  but we can certainly do without any crappy Trolls here!  Unless of course, you're better at it than some of the lame ass halfwitted dropkicks that occasionally do slip through the cracks.  They generally make piss poor sport, because they haven't lurked up on the "unlimited" threads,  and  make a very predictable,  staggering, spastic  dance of butthurt,  before either shaping up, or sloping off somewhere for a while. Some of them come back time and time again, thinking that their ugly, or offensive and puerile antics might have been forgotten, but that never happens. So we have to go through the same thing over and over. One of them in particular,  mentioning no names, *coughpoptardcough* should bring his own revolving door along. But you seem to have made a better impression than some, so you might just be OK.     
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cramulus

Quote from: 3lizab3th on January 25, 2011, 11:48:17 PM
Either way, if I am a troll, I want you all to throw all the crap at me you can (and I realize just how stupid and insane saying that is...).
After all, even a troll could be a fairly decent person after head trauma induced amnesia....

Well, maybe...

GO EAT A TEN DICK BOAT
BUT FIRST, TAKE IT OUT FOR A SPIN IN THAT TOILET BOWL YOU CALL A FACE AND SHUT UP FOR A SECOND

KNOCK KNOCK, YOU HEAR THAT? IT'S THE DOOR. GUESS WHO'S THERE, IT'S THE COMMITTEE TO GIVE YOU A SASH LABELED TURD FINGER FELCH QUEEN WITH A TWO-HOURS-AFTER TACO BELL LIKE QUALITY

Cramulus

ALSO WHILE I'VE GOT YOUR ATTENTION, LET ME ASK YOU THIS

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN WHAT MORE LIKE IF IT ISN'T BEEN INTO NOT AS MUCH AS LIKE BEING?

IF YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THAT, YOU'D BETTER PUT ON A HELMET AND TAKE A SHIT

Phox

Cramulus, I am going to kill you in your sleep. And then Imma dance like this:  :milk: :hammer: :noodledance:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Phox

BadBeast

Icey

I'm 18. And I'm going to school.

I study History.

I enjoy the Guerilla Surrealism, I believe it's been called.

I'm interested in any project.

I found "Eris" through chaos magic. But BIP was a nice refresher.

AFK

I'm more into Kangaroo Dadaism myself.  Welcome just the same. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 01, 2011, 03:09:41 PM
000, I see where you're going, but I think your timeline is too small.

The history of science is one of forward progress.  But it takes an extremely long time for science to advance.

Oh, I agree with that. Just the Pro/Con list I was replying to was also on a small timeline.

In that sense, there's a small scale peer review that is fucked up by monkey business, and a large scale peer review process that is bound to get it right eventually.

Except there's one thing, see only because somebody picked up the acupressure thing two decades later, and only if somebody decided to drag up the anomalous astronomy measurements and see how they can be explained (and I don't even know if the latter has even happened, or whether everybody is just plain happy to ignore it because obviously red/blue shift works and the other thing is just an anomaly) -- only then, science will progress.

And there's one thing, how can we know for sure that all these things that were shoved under the rug by bad politics will eventually surface to advance scientific progress?

Can it be that some alternative scientific theories got ignored, and then lost in time forever?

Cause there's really quite a lot of alternative scientific theories and pseudoscientific theories that have a sort of kernel of "might be on to something" in them, but because of politics and/or their inventors being crackpots, nobody is researching them.

And additionally, are there already wonderful scientific ideas that have been forgotten, that their inventors took with them to the grave? Didn't Nicola Tesla do a bunch of those? Maybe it's all pseudo scientific hogwash, correct me if I'm wrong. No really, please do, I'd like to be comforted on that topic :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.