News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

And there's Snakes, and then there's Snakes. And the kind of snake they're used to in TCC, actually has furry tendencies. Probably tricked poor Mousey into being a Canary type thing.

"Oh go on, you'll be fine, all you have to do is butter up Old Howl with compliments on his whatever, and you're in there!"

But they weren't counting on teh Freeky being on Patrol. Could have gone all the way to "Hammatime", and got really messy I suppose. Lucky lickle Mousey.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Freeky

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

TCC people acting like the fucked-up douche-bags they accuse PD-ers of being is really starting to piss me off. Hypocritical fucksticks are going to give me an ulcer.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Hoser McRhizzy

Name: Hozer McRhizzy
Holy Name:  ear wax something something
Alias:  Nurse Rhizome, Rhiz
School: All the fucking time.
Leisure: Eggs and posters, but there's not much else outside of school.  I eat, sleep and shit institutionalizing edumacation.

So salut, you fabulous spaggots!  :)  I've never posted much here, and only posted once or twice a month since last summer.  Mainly because I feel like less of a creeper if I come out of lurk mode every now and then and do more than steal kick ass posters.

Tonight, I have one of those "Get this done or everything falls apart" work deadlines looming and thought that of course now would be the perfect time to change my user name and post a re-introduction.  When this latest round of deadlines is over, I'll edit one of the brain-vomits and post.

Arbitrary news: I 'liked' a display case in my department with a sticky note and a drawn-on thumbs-up, and it's been there for 3 months.  Makes me smile every time I see it.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

Quote from: Hoser McRhizzy on March 21, 2011, 03:21:22 AM
Holy Name:  ear wax something something
Alias:  Nurse Rhizome, Rhiz
Leisure: Eggs and posters, but there's not much else outside of school.  I eat, sleep and shit institutionalizing edumacation.

So salut, you fabulous spaggots!  :)  I've never posted much here, and only posted once or twice a month since last summer.  Mainly because I feel like less of a creeper if I come out of lurk mode every now and then and do more than steal kick ass posters.

Tonight, I have one of those "Get this done or everything falls apart" work deadlines looming and thought that of course now would be the perfect time to change my user name and post a re-introduction.  When this latest round of deadlines is over, I'll edit one of the brain-vomits and post.

Makes me smile
Hi Nursey, or Rhizzy or whatever you prefer,  Welcome back,  good to see you, and using "After my Deadlines" is a dangerously close clone to  terminal procrastination. Because for people who proscribe to " Deadlines" at all,  there will always be one more of the fuckers to work on. Try thinking of them as "Be -good- if -I- get- this- done Lines" instead. "Dead" has way too many negative implications to have cracking the whip over your day to day shit. If something really does have to get done by somewhen, then it will get done. If it doesn't, then it was lying about it's importance, and will just have to fucking wait.

PS, I bet hardly anything will actually fall apart if you don't finish. Deadlines are designed to instill a disproportionate sense of urgency over people who are far too busy in the first place,  to be just one person.  

ETA. Now get back to  work!

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Hoser McRhizzy

Thanks, Telarus!  

I never left (I hear no one ever really leaves), just got really lurky.  But I've missed hashing through and thinking with the ideas here, so hopefully I'll get out of the habit of typing responses that just go in the PD doc.

Quote from: BadBeast on March 21, 2011, 04:04:27 AM
If something really does have to get done by somewhen, then it will get done. If it doesn't, then it was lying about it's importance, and will just have to fucking wait.

PS, I bet hardly anything will actually fall apart if you don't finish. Deadlines are designed to instill a disproportionate sense of urgency over people who are far too busy in the first place,  to be just one person. 

:lol:  Nice.

What happens if I don't finish all of these little things is I get tossed out of school.  Which I could deal with, but it's the plan for now.

But I like your point to the power of much.  These deadlines do have an unwarranted self-importance and need to be taken down a few notches.

Ah, PD... you continue to pull the stick out of my ass...

QuoteETA. Now get back to  work!

That's the plan.  Thanks again for the welcome back.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

AliceTheProfessional

I (on the left) am a 20 yr old bipedal caucasian female currently residing in Montreal, Canada. Previous inhabitant of Los Angeles, California and Toronto, Canada respectively.

I currently work at a Community center in Montreal, answering phones, filing papers, and supervising children. At least that is what I'll be adding to my CV, I usually work evenings/nights so most of the time I just sit around and read. I'm waiting on residency so that I can go to school for a reasonable price once I'm able to go back to school I will most likely continue studying political science, philosophy, economics and business.

Um, found this site by accident less than a week ago when I googled the word "Discordia" for reasons I will not get into now. As a result of that search I've read a bit of Principia Discordia (funny stuff) and ended up here. I don't know what the hell this is or why I'm here but chances are I'm not going anywhere anytime soon so you'll just have to get to know me.
I'll take 3 creams & sugar in my coffee but if anyone should ask, I take it black. If anyone should ask, you tell them my coffees black.

BadBeast

Well, Hi Alice, and welcome to PD. You're not immediately striking me as stupid, or offensive, or even rude, you're easy enough on the eye too, (Which shouldn't really make any difference, but it generally does) But that's just my initial impression, and not worth the paper it would have been written on if I was writing on paper. I could just as easily swing right around on that, and not even think once. If you'd lurked for a bit, and read some of the "Unlimited" threads, you'd have seen a necky n00b or two getting torn to little mushy pieces, devoured, then shat back out before their feet had even touched the ground. But they mostly deserved it, and were given chance after chance to wise up, and to be fair, some of them did just that.  But the others,  :evil:. . . . . well, you'll find out about them, if you've any sense of self preservation, sooner rather than later. But welcome, anyway, I expect you'll do just fine. Probably.   

AliceTheProfessional

I'll take 3 creams & sugar in my coffee but if anyone should ask, I take it black. If anyone should ask, you tell them my coffees black.

Cain

Thurnez Isa

hello Alice.
Because of the fuzziness of your photo I can't really confirm that you bipedal.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Faust

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 21, 2011, 09:14:53 PM
hello Alice.
Because of the fuzziness of your photo I can't really confirm that you bipedal.
The paper maché decoy beside her is actually to disguise her back legs, for you see she is a crafty horse in disguise.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoser McRhizzy on March 21, 2011, 03:21:22 AM
Holy Name:  ear wax something something
Alias:  Nurse Rhizome, Rhiz
Leisure: Eggs and posters, but there's not much else outside of school.  I eat, sleep and shit institutionalizing edumacation.

So salut, you fabulous spaggots!  :)  I've never posted much here, and only posted once or twice a month since last summer.  Mainly because I feel like less of a creeper if I come out of lurk mode every now and then and do more than steal kick ass posters.

Tonight, I have one of those "Get this done or everything falls apart" work deadlines looming and thought that of course now would be the perfect time to change my user name and post a re-introduction.  When this latest round of deadlines is over, I'll edit one of the brain-vomits and post.

Arbitrary news: I 'liked' a display case in my department with a sticky note and a drawn-on thumbs-up, and it's been there for 3 months.  Makes me smile every time I see it.

Hello, spag; I welcome you, even as I barely skim your post. I have determined that you are OK and as such, are invited into our dank, moist, inner sanctum.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hello, Alice; I remain suspicious that you are a government plant, but I will await your textual proof that you are a real person and not a 45-year-old CIA employee in a cube in Bremerton, WA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."